learn 12s the easist way???

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2003, 02:19 AM

hayez is an unknown quantity at this point
learn 12s the easist way???

ive been trying to learn 12s but i just cant seem to get it all the way,im afraid im gonna hit to hard and either loop back words or go back a little to far and crunch my tail and lose control,whats the best way to get em right?should i put a 12 bar on to help?or should i just keep doing what im doing?
Old 02-16-2003, 02:37 PM

poppawheelie is an unknown quantity at this point
dude just rock it.
u just gotta say **** it and go for it.
don't worry about your bike, they make parts everyday.
if u don't wanna ball it up forget it cuz it will happen.
Old 02-16-2003, 02:42 PM

the bike imnot worried about,its already trashed,im just trying to learn them right ,plus my right hand is fucked up so i cant wer a glove on it,and i know thta will be the first thing draggin on the pavement when i crash
Old 02-16-2003, 04:25 PM

Skuba Steve is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't do them, but I have helped build many scrape bars for people that can. If you are at the point where you can almost scrape, I'm positive that a scrape bar (that is built right) will keep your bike from looping. You can smack that thing harder than a boy scouts *** on a camping trip (J/K) and it will hold up just fine.
Old 02-16-2003, 08:51 PM

Stunt LBZ is an unknown quantity at this point
True Skuba Steve,
Look how dam long my bar is. Never looped it out on a 12. Cause its super renforced. I put it on the help me 12 the safer way. My goal as in any one tryin 12s is to get it up as high as i can with out scrapin. If i scrape im just thankful its there. But when i can finally do it the bar will be gone. I think is pimp when i see other riders almost 12n with no bar. If you really want to 12 safely and have the backup of a bar if you do get to high id do it.
just ride that brake.
Old 02-17-2003, 03:47 AM
FREESTYLE ARTIST

Tony D is an unknown quantity at this point
YOUR SAFEST WAY TO LEARN IS SITTING WITHOUT A BAR, ONCE YOU KILL A FEW TAILS THEN TRY A BAR.SEE, THE TAIL GIVES AND FORGIVES. A BAR DOSENT. A BAR IS FOR BAR TRICKS NOT FOR TOUCHIN AND TAPPIN. IT COULD THROW YOU OFF QUICK. ONCE YOU LEARN THE TAIL REAL GOOD YOU WILL BE FINE W/ A BAR.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:48 AM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice
yeah,what ANT said.
Old 02-17-2003, 08:39 AM

SMOKINJOE UR is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah
Old 02-17-2003, 12:25 PM
**** BULLSHITTERS

Merk is an unknown quantity at this point
i just started tryin 12s on my R6 w/o a bar and i smashed the tail and i fell off but my bike rode away on the tail and dumped on the side....im still gonna try and scraped w/o a bar until im comfortable with it but if your afraid its gonna loop, it shouldnt cause you shouldnt be jerkin the bike back and forth just tryin to rock it slow, unless your worried about loopin it bringin it up to 12
Old 02-17-2003, 04:33 PM

PRESTON is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: learn 12s the easist way???

Originally posted by hayez
ive been trying to learn 12s but i just cant seem to get it all the way,im afraid im gonna hit to hard and either loop back words or go back a little to far and crunch my tail and lose control,whats the best way to get em right?should i put a 12 bar on to help?or should i just keep doing what im doing?
Quit being a puss. I have wrecked my bike trying to learn. If you are learning right, the bike will not loop back. I bailed on my bike and it went forward not backwards. You are going to wreck your ****, so forget about....
Old 02-17-2003, 11:56 PM

MI Xtremes Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
im trying them too, do you think the bar should be out a little to learn on? i got it out a little now, the bike wont stand up on it. ive hit it a couple time and came down real hard. i want to drag it not to use it as a "i dont wanna flip" bar. any tips would help
Old 02-18-2003, 12:01 AM

Originally posted by mixtremesdave
im trying them too, do you think the bar should be out a little to learn on? i got it out a little now, the bike wont stand up on it. ive hit it a couple time and came down real hard. i want to drag it not to use it as a "i dont wanna flip" bar. any tips would help

thats what i was thinking.maybe have a bar and have it long out,then as i feel comfortable with it move it i n closer and closer,do you think the bar has helped you get afeel of it cause yuou know its there?
Old 02-18-2003, 12:14 AM

nags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for repnags User spends way too much time asking for rep
Originally posted by Ant MIST
YOUR SAFEST WAY TO LEARN IS SITTING WITHOUT A BAR, ONCE YOU KILL A FEW TAILS THEN TRY A BAR.SEE, THE TAIL GIVES AND FORGIVES. A BAR DOSENT. A BAR IS FOR BAR TRICKS NOT FOR TOUCHIN AND TAPPIN. IT COULD THROW YOU OFF QUICK. ONCE YOU LEARN THE TAIL REAL GOOD YOU WILL BE FINE W/ A BAR.
Yea, I'm fine with the tail, but I'm scared to death of a bar. I guess I just gotta say **** it and throw one on someday
Old 02-18-2003, 01:14 AM
Group Moderator

JackassRR is an unknown quantity at this point
I had no probs learnin with a bar. I started with a bar about 1.5" off the light till I could hit it with confidence..cut it down up against the light. Worked 4 me.
Old 02-18-2003, 01:46 AM

Originally posted by JackassRR
I had no probs learnin with a bar. I started with a bar about 1.5" off the light till I could hit it with confidence..cut it down up against the light. Worked 4 me.
hey i forgot to pm you ,pm when your around towmorrow
Old 02-18-2003, 12:33 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Papa Kev is an unknown quantity at this point
Have you ever seen what happens to a F4i tail when it's hit? Tears to shreds all the way back to the passenger seat! No thanks, I think I'll learn with a bar for sure!
Old 02-18-2003, 12:50 PM

psyco650 is an unknown quantity at this point
ya im making my bar now. not even gonna try to use just the tail. **** it if i fall i fall. thats what sliders are for
Old 02-18-2003, 07:58 PM
Is building another f4i

skillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really niceskillz is just really nice
if you are determined to go out and learn 12's with a bar you will definately have corkscrews on lock .LOL
Old 02-18-2003, 08:29 PM

WickedRider is an unknown quantity at this point
12 bar

Dude,definately get a bar for that bitch,not just for 12's.If you eventually want to learn other tricks like ape-hangers,you're gonna need it!!
Old 02-18-2003, 10:38 PM

MI Xtremes Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a bar on it now, its about 10 inches out, i hit it a couple times, but hard, i plan on doing the same as said before, get comfortable with it and then cut it down some. but by the time my **** is on the lite the trick will be played out(as if its not allready)

thanks for all the help guys

p.s. sliders wont help if you wreck a 12............

Quick Reply: learn 12s the easist way???