View Poll Results: Have you run from the police on your bike?
yes
71.45%
no; got pulled over
10.28%
no; haven't needed to decide yet.
18.26%
Voters: 564. You may not vote on this poll

Have you ever run from the police?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 02:30 AM

murrayju is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Have you ever run from the police?

Ive ran about 4 times now and i ended up geting caught about a month ago. i was riding with me and another guy and he was going about 100 around a coner then a cop blew right by us. we when into town stop in some apartments and about that time a cop chopter was circling around us. i took off to see if i could not get caught I went about 2 miles and ran right in to 2 cops. i gave up at that point. got brought to jail. they got me with evasion, speeding, wreckless, and no licence. I spent 3 days in jail. went to court and they didnt have any proof of anything. everything got droped except the no licence which is still pending. Also when i was getting brought into jail they had about 4 other road blocks around the town. got away lucky dont know how but... damn
Old 03-06-2004, 08:03 AM

poweraddict is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by murrayju
Ive ran about 4 times now and i ended up geting caught about a month ago. i was riding with me and another guy and he was going about 100 around a coner then a cop blew right by us. we when into town stop in some apartments and about that time a cop chopter was circling around us. i took off to see if i could not get caught I went about 2 miles and ran right in to 2 cops. i gave up at that point. got brought to jail. they got me with evasion, speeding, wreckless, and no licence. I spent 3 days in jail. went to court and they didnt have any proof of anything. everything got droped except the no licence which is still pending. Also when i was getting brought into jail they had about 4 other road blocks around the town. got away lucky dont know how but... damn

I was riding down the road one day, and I was passing a SUV, there was an older guy driving, he rolled down his window and motioned for me to go, I think he wanted to hear my exhaust. And there were 2 kids in the back with huge smiles, so I gave it a little gas, and that was it; then shut down.

Well little did I know, the motorcycle police had laser on me, about 1/8th mile down they motion for me to pull over. I could have ran, but I figured; what the hell. I didnt think they got me on radar, and I figured if I pulled over then they would be easy on me, for the simple fact I did pull over.

Was I wrong. They cussed me out, wrote me 3 tickets, and kept degrading me and calling me an idiot. They were going to take me to jail, but couldnt find an available squad car.

They wrote me a ticket 74/35 and wreckless driving, because of the speed alone. Then passing without a turn signal, because I pulled over without using my blinker.

I had no clue I was doing that speed, I was only in second gear, and I still don't think that I was doing 74mph. One cop has me on laser at 54 and the other at 74.

Well, to conclude this story, I was ****ed. I went to court, lost my license for 6 months, im half way finished now. I also had to pay a ****load of fines and probabtion fees.

After that experience, I'll never pull over again, **** those **** suckers. They wouldn't even let me talk, then on top of that calling me stupid.

Now loosing my license has been the worst experience ever, I've been stuck at home for 8 days straight, have no rides anywhere, and its caused major problems with my relationship with my girlfriend, because now I depend on her for everything; I can't take her to do the things we used to enjoy. And now this stress caused me to be in an irratable mood all the time.

Im getting my bike back this week, and im riding where ever the **** I want to go to get my life straight again, this includes being able to go and apply to jobs to get my life straight again.

Until I get my license back, **** the police. I won't pull over for ****, ever, I dont care if they have 500 cops behind me and a helichopter, im running until im out of gas, then running on foot.
Old 03-06-2004, 11:29 PM
I Enjoy Posting At StuntLife!

Location: The Roughest Ghetto In The World (Ramadi, Iraq) USMC
fabes can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by poweraddict
I was riding down the road one day, and I was passing a SUV, there was an older guy driving, he rolled down his window and motioned for me to go, I think he wanted to hear my exhaust. And there were 2 kids in the back with huge smiles, so I gave it a little gas, and that was it; then shut down.

Well little did I know, the motorcycle police had laser on me, about 1/8th mile down they motion for me to pull over. I could have ran, but I figured; what the hell. I didnt think they got me on radar, and I figured if I pulled over then they would be easy on me, for the simple fact I did pull over.

Was I wrong. They cussed me out, wrote me 3 tickets, and kept degrading me and calling me an idiot. They were going to take me to jail, but couldnt find an available squad car.

They wrote me a ticket 74/35 and wreckless driving, because of the speed alone. Then passing without a turn signal, because I pulled over without using my blinker.

I had no clue I was doing that speed, I was only in second gear, and I still don't think that I was doing 74mph. One cop has me on laser at 54 and the other at 74.

Well, to conclude this story, I was ****ed. I went to court, lost my license for 6 months, im half way finished now. I also had to pay a ****load of fines and probabtion fees.

After that experience, I'll never pull over again, **** those **** suckers. They wouldn't even let me talk, then on top of that calling me stupid.

Now loosing my license has been the worst experience ever, I've been stuck at home for 8 days straight, have no rides anywhere, and its caused major problems with my relationship with my girlfriend, because now I depend on her for everything; I can't take her to do the things we used to enjoy. And now this stress caused me to be in an irratable mood all the time.

Im getting my bike back this week, and im riding where ever the **** I want to go to get my life straight again, this includes being able to go and apply to jobs to get my life straight again.

Until I get my license back, **** the police. I won't pull over for ****, ever, I dont care if they have 500 cops behind me and a helichopter, im running until im out of gas, then running on foot.
yeah yeah yeah :YEAH FTP
Old 03-06-2004, 11:38 PM

jiedai_orion is an unknown quantity at this point

i shoulda ran but i was with a friend who was pullin over and i knew he didn't have the ***** to run, so we pulled over and got b*tched out for doing 96 in a 55. the upside to the situation is that he wrote us down for going 81 in a 55 so he didn't have to impound our bikes and because we were cooperative. but next time im gonna get the f*** out of there and not look back.
Old 03-07-2004, 12:50 AM

ryanaka99cents is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by need4$peed
I don't know what to say about running. I've ran once, but that was just because I knew I would get away, doin 65 in a 40 cop was goin opposite direction and would have to wait for traffic to turn around, so I took off. But the thing that makes me HATE Police is that they are supposed to be concerned with the law right? And laws are there for the common good and safety of the public RIGHT? Now if somebody is bein a jack@$$ and doin crazy $Hit in traffic that is one thing, they deserve a ticket, wait till night time or find somewhere else, But when somebody is doin 120 on a 4 lane highway, the danger the public faces due to that biker is freakin minimal. the biker might die, but he knows this, the other dude might suffer whiplash. But anyway, If a cop is truly concerned with law and safety, he should never chase some idiot (yes that idiot is me sometimes) that wants to run, and if, in the process of chasing the biker he is killed, I think the cop should be charged with all kinda bs chages and murder as well, especially in cases like that video earlier where the cop pulled out infront of the biker on purpose!!!!!!!! WTF???????!!!!!!!! THAT SHOULD BE MURDER 1!!!!!!!!! FTP!!!!!!!!!!
you're truely right they're incidents where cops should call off the chase, but it's also their job to take idiots/criminals off the streets. what does it matter really if people choose to run from the cops and get killed doing so, their families will sue the police dept. for large amounts of money. thus making their "pain and sorrow" go away. don't even tell me it's not about the money or making them feel the "pain" they are going through. nobodies sued a pd for anything but money. granted you can't exactly sue for their life, but you get my drift.

the danger the public faces due to that biker is freakin minimal. the biker might die, but he knows this, the other dude might suffer whiplash.
you couldn't have said it any better, if you or anyone else ever wreck and die while being chased by the police don't bother to sue cause you don't have a leg to stand on, cause you sure can't blame the cop for doing his job. now i know need4speed didn't bring up the whole suing issue I did because that's exactly what happens everytime somebody gets killed while being chased by the police. just so you all know anytime there is an "officer involved death" he/she is automatically put on administative leave and a criminal investigation is conducted on that officer. I have many friends that have been through this and several of them more than once. this isn't a fun experience and they're times they feel they were the criminal, not the guy upholding the laws set forth by this great country. i know more scum of the earth by first and last name than upstanding citizens (what's wrong with that picture).

Listen to each his own if they choose to run from the police, but when you get caught running. Possibly wreck get hurt, resist arrest by running after stopping, or wrecking, and get hurt by the cops it's your own damn fault so don't come in here saying FTP, COPS Lie, and anything thing else your fingers may be able to type but your body isn't big enough to back up come game time. FU(K THE POSERS.

Sincerly,
Deputy R. J. Doughty
Old 03-09-2004, 02:50 AM

choiboy is an unknown quantity at this point

i tried - he did ask - u were trying to run away huh. lol- - he gave me the max he fine ticket after that. 280$
Old 03-09-2004, 05:00 AM

RANGER is an unknown quantity at this point

I wanted to give ryanaka99cents some credit. I have ran from several upwords of twenty cops but this was several years ago when I was young dumb and full of ***, then it hit me. Wreckless opp. Evading arrest, and excessive speed, 142mph in a 40mph zone through a flashing yellow light. I have found out through personal experience over the last few years that cops aren't the dicks i once thought the were. last spring i got pulled over in a residential neighborhood for rocking a wheelie well over 60,70mph which i landed just in time to see the po po pulling up to a stop at a side street just in front of me. running wasn't really an option since i was only a quarter mile from work for which i was running late. after the usual license, insurance bs the cop complimented the highchair but politely asked that i refrain from riding in that neighborhood due to the rediculously loud pipe on my bike, understandable to say the least seeing as he let me off of a wreckless opp scott free. just remember only two things can happen when you run on a rocket, either you get away or you get hurt, bad. try being polite to the cops and they may surprise you. legal bikes help too. good luck and please don't give me too much crap for this puss or a reply but as they say it's the 1% that can and probably will ruin it for the rest of us. keep it legal as possible at least on the streets.
Old 03-09-2004, 05:42 PM

1mms is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Have you ever run from the police?

the first time I pulled over for 103 in a 45 on a gix 600. The next time i seen a cop in the opposite way I was doin about 125 in a 55 I hit the gas and never saw him again. now I have a 02 R1 and I just passed a cop today about 140 he never even turned around.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:26 PM
FHL
I Chose to No Longer Post

FHL is a decent person

I was in my 98 Civic hatch and I was trying to get into the right lane, this guy kept accelerating hard next to me to keep me from getting in the offramp lane when I was already ahead of him, I was doing about 90 in a 55 aleady and this guy was still flooring it. I hit the brakes and got behind him...

A cop saw it and pulled me over, I changed 2 lanes without a signal over a solid white line and the cop let me off with a warning..

He either realized that the other guy was being a dick or he didn't want to fill out a bunch of paperwork, but either way, not all cops are ********.

Also.. Is it just me or is it really hard not to do 90-100mph on the freeway when you're passing someone in the right lane doing the same speed as you. I like to go as fast as I can to keep the time I'm in their blind spot to the minimum, because they usually won't pull over faster than I'm passing them at 15-20mph over what they're doing.

It would suck if a cop clocked me when I was doing that, even though I'm just trying to protect myself and i'm only speeding for 3-4 seconds as I pass.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:58 PM

ryanaka99cents is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FHL
I was in my 98 Civic hatch and I was trying to get into the right lane, this guy kept accelerating hard next to me to keep me from getting in the offramp lane when I was already ahead of him, I was doing about 90 in a 55 aleady and this guy was still flooring it. I hit the brakes and got behind him...

A cop saw it and pulled me over, I changed 2 lanes without a signal over a solid white line and the cop let me off with a warning..

He either realized that the other guy was being a dick or he didn't want to fill out a bunch of paperwork, but either way, not all cops are ********.

Also.. Is it just me or is it really hard not to do 90-100mph on the freeway when you're passing someone in the right lane doing the same speed as you. I like to go as fast as I can to keep the time I'm in their blind spot to the minimum, because they usually won't pull over faster than I'm passing them at 15-20mph over what they're doing.

It would suck if a cop clocked me when I was doing that, even though I'm just trying to protect myself and i'm only speeding for 3-4 seconds as I pass.
Personally I would rather pass someone as quickly and safely as possible rather be in the on coming traffic lane for an extended length of time. My on it, which means that not all cops will think the same
Old 03-25-2004, 09:00 AM
dedrater

verticaljay is a decent person

Originally Posted by ryanaka99cents
Personally I would rather pass someone as quickly and safely as possible rather be in the on coming traffic lane for an extended length of time. My on it, which means that not all cops will think the same

yep, I got busted for exceeding the speedlimit while passing. But then again it doesnt help that it was the same cop I had outrun in my car 2 weeks earlier and a pedestrian got my plate number and the cop called me. He was askin for me to come down to the station to talk lol... yeah like i was going to do that. Anyways he considered the run a warning
Old 03-25-2004, 11:34 AM

VTsnwbrdgrl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by f4rider
I haven't needed to yet, and I haven't decided if I would or not. Just wondering what everyone else is doing. (be honest)
Two years ago when I was 17, I got picked up at a party and was taken to the town police station. No one was there except for a dispatcher. So i go to the bathroom, and then look outside and make a run for it. I end up runnit behind some businesses by the main road. I cross over and run down my road and crawl into bed. Next thing I know, my mom wakes me up and tells me the cops are here. Apparently they sent 3 cruisers and two dog teams after me. I thought it was funny, because here I am, legally intoxicated, and all those cops couldn't find a a girl running on foot. Maybe I should join the army lol
Old 03-25-2004, 02:14 PM

ces408 is an unknown quantity at this point

let me see, ive gotten 2 wreckless driving counts, a few speeding tickets and my L's just got suspended for 6 months starting this past monday. So yea i have no plates and ride dirty. FTP

risky ces,
www.metalmouthproductions.com
Old 03-25-2004, 03:54 PM

Chicw/speed is an unknown quantity at this point

Lots of times.......

I use to out run them on my gs500 all the time now I have a faster bike so its easier. I usaully ride with big groups at night so it happens all the time. Once we got split up on the highway and I was rollin past an unmarked car didn't know it at the time until I heard him flip his siren on split second thought and I was gone hopeing the peeps behind me did the same thing. I ride with no mirrors so I couldn't see if my peeps made it or not got to the gas station with a few peeps who followed me and watched the cop chase some of them across the bridge those who didn't get off at the exit.
Old 03-26-2004, 02:13 AM
DIZZLESTUNTZ.COM

X DIZZLE X is an unknown quantity at this point

3 weeks ago we were on the highway coming back from the spot didnt notice but we passed a unmarked squad at the time there was no way for him to get us about 5 miles later we get off the highway and were sitting in traffic a car comes flyin up i turn around its the cop he flashes his badge and tells us to pull over LOL we cut through traffic hit a right and w.o.t it is , all he was able to do is watch us as we skeated away !! :YEAH
Old 03-26-2004, 10:13 AM

sscrew954 is an unknown quantity at this point

i just got done doing a year in prison for filming my stunt team and i running from the police we do it all the time and always get away but there is always a first for everything.my advice is...when you run make sure it the chase does not last more than five minutes,cause then the ghetto bird will be out above you.so just burn them and hide the bikes and then take off your gear and star walking.or just do the smart thing dont run!
Old 03-26-2004, 10:50 AM

CAMOZX is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah got chased by a bike cop. Was in good mood night riding in a new area, lights turned green, took off from the lights, front came up. I was so much in my own little world, i didnt see the copper pull out of the cop station (which i also never noticed) Three clear traffic lanes so i nailed it, came to another set of lights had a green right arrow so i took it. Slowed down and saw a single head light coming up on me, so i took off again. Next minute blue, red, blue, red flashing in the mirrors . Busted. Got me 90km in a 60km zone. Reckons he knew i going was alot faster but booked me for the 90 when catched me. Gave me the do you want to kill yourself speech.
So remember kids, area clear first.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:09 AM

OneWheelUpR6 is an unknown quantity at this point

the first time when i got cought doing a wheelie yes i stopped, but the second time i dropped the front wheel and went ***** to the wall and hit some fast *** turns to keep him far enough away. thats the only way you going to beat a cop and his radio. hit the turns get far enough ahead, turn the taillights off, and turn off on some road they least expect.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:41 AM
man whore

Ruff will become famous soon enough

I've ran a gazillion times.... Then one night around 4AM a friend and I were tearing up some anfamiliar territory. We shot by a cop in one of those ****ing camaros at about a buck fifty. I started to stop then I said "**** it!" I hit about 170 and I could still see his lights. I'm like "Damn... that ****er's fast..."

I get him outta sight... take the next exit... which by my luck is a dead end. At that speed I had no hope of stopping in time... hit a curb... flipped... landed in a church drive way. He was flying by still on the highway but he saw my bike flying thorugh the air and came back for me. I got my bike up and was about to take off again... but the stator cover had busted.

Now I'm on felony probation for the next four ****ing years and I had a $1500 fine. And a cracked frame. :YEAH
Old 03-26-2004, 12:08 PM

GosuPaintballer is an unknown quantity at this point

Some of my friends and i did something really dumb last summer. We decided to ride through a state park. Well, as we were getting close to the end of the park, there was a car infront of us with only about 1/2 mile left to go before we would be out of the park. Well, one of the guys decides he's gonna go around the car. It's a double yellow line and we were in a 15 mph zone. He gets around the car and the second guy inline starts to go around him too with his girlfriend on the back. About that time, the car swerves at him and runs him off the road. He got back on the road ( thank god ) and went on around him. As a few of the other guys were tring to get around him the guy in the car is swerving all over the road tring to run us off the road. And he finally pulls his car diagnially covering both lanes. Myself and one of my friends were toward the back and stopped. The guy jumps out of his car cussing and raising cane. He just happened to be a park ranger. He was still in uniform, but i believe was just getting off duty ( since he was in his personal unmarked car ) to go home. Anyways, he is yelling and cussing at my friend and i. I just looked at him and said "we haven't done anything wrong." "We're sitting right here, in the right lane, not speeding, and stopped right behind you." When he relized i was right and could do nothing to us, he demanded for us to tell him names, and other info of the guys that had gone around him. Of course we lied, and said it was just some guys we met up with about 30 minutes ago and decided to ride with, that we had just met them. Then he is like, " i don't ever wanna see you guys in this park again, blah blah blah." It was kinda funny at the time, but also scary. If he would of ran into my friend and his girlfriend and had caused them to wreck instead of just running them off the road, he would of been in a world of **** and pain after we got done with him. After that, i had a talk with my friends, and we decided no more doing crap like that in a state park unless being chased for some other reason.

But for the question at hand, if i'm ( we're ) running 20 mph or faster over the speed limit, hell yeh we run like hell ! :YEAH
I'll be damned if i'm getting my liscence taken or spending jail time.

Although my friend and i stopped one time several years ago for a couple city cops that said i wheelied my bike from a fast take-off from a stop light. We pulled over, they checked my lincsense, my tag, etc. And they let us go which was cool and a close call, because they didn't ask for my friends liscence or anything. My friend didn't have a liscence at the time, nor did he have the tag that was on the bike for that bike, it was for something else. If they would of checked my friend, he would of been going to jail
So, we both got pretty lucky. The cops we're cool and just gave me a warning, and they didn't even bother to check my friend.

Quick Reply: Have you ever run from the police?