View Poll Results: Have you run from the police on your bike?
yes
71.45%
no; got pulled over
10.28%
no; haven't needed to decide yet.
18.26%
Voters: 564. You may not vote on this poll

Have you ever run from the police?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 09:00 PM

Kervrn is a decent person
Re: Have you ever run from the police?

I guess you could run here in Hawaii..but I don't see much of a point. Again it depends on the situation. I mean like it's an island..no where to run to besides the forest or into a big patch of grass, lay down the bike and hide. Lol

Last edited by Kervrn; 10-11-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:41 PM

my750 is a decent person

Originally Posted by GLL40
Id like to add im not saying running is right but i do belive there is a moment i will re literarte a moment when you need to make a choice if you are or not. and if they are close enoughto not get your tag. And also 100% know you can get away SAFELY and not injuring yourself or others. cuz if you do then thats a whole nother ball game. Also i wanna add..just saying i wasn't on it when it happend. Wont cut it it in Court. IF you own the bike and dont report it stolen in a fleeing and alluding chase.. THEY ARE COMING TO YOU. no one else. so all that about saying you just weren't on it. Doesnt work, TRUST ME.. thats a big old myth
I dont ride with tags anymore. After the cops came to my house once after they said they "got my tag" was enough for me. I have no plans on stopping anytime soon. I live in a small town where im well known so i have to play it lo key. ive ran before and i can say it will be worth the risk rather than the cops catching me. they slam you to the fullest around here.

Oh and im surrounded by three police stations in my area and they all switched to chargers and they STILL cant catch a POS f4i stuntbike
Old 10-13-2012, 01:49 PM

elliotfmx is a decent person

Haha I have run from the cops on 2 separate occasions, one with a friend we were both on WR250X's, we both got away but they were hot on his tail for quite a while, I was out of there before they (or my friend) knew what happened
The second time it was a few kilometres from my house for doing a wheelie up a main road.. :P they drove right past my house, it was too close and I didn't take my bike from my garage for days.
The road laws here in Australia are pretty absurd, more often than not the police pursuits cost more lives and cause more damage than they save.. idiots
Old 10-13-2012, 08:20 PM

my750 is a decent person

Originally Posted by elliotfmx
Haha I have run from the cops on 2 separate occasions, one with a friend we were both on WR250X's, we both got away but they were hot on his tail for quite a while, I was out of there before they (or my friend) knew what happened
The second time it was a few kilometres from my house for doing a wheelie up a main road.. :P they drove right past my house, it was too close and I didn't take my bike from my garage for days.
The road laws here in Australia are pretty absurd, more often than not the police pursuits cost more lives and cause more damage than they save.. idiots
same here. police would rather pursue somebody until they kill themselves or other people, rather than just let them go.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:41 PM

98whitevtr is a decent person

No Chase law were I'm from
Old 11-10-2012, 01:47 AM

wycher is a decent person

swim was practicing in a church lot, at night under lights. swim was there for around 45 mins when i saw the reflective print on the sheriffs car. when it was obvious he was there for swim, swim took off. ***** to the wall. his lights were on, and fading fast. he didnt try long on windy back roads. second time swim didnt try, cop behind me at a 4 lane camera intersection. took the $100 ticket. no running when youre sure they have your plate.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:37 PM

KawiKid76 is a decent person

I've never personally run, but never had to make that decision. Now I've sped past a few cops and just kept it hammered or sped up a bit. But I never had them behind me and actually trying to pull me over. I know a few people who have done upwards of 140+ mph to get away from the authorities.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Wheelie Whore

SxRacer108 is an unknown quantity at this point

on the stunt bike...ran twice.... and got away... pulled over a few times and took little tickets for mirrors, etc...
now the track bike...im 8-0 but that bike has nothing legal about it. If i get caught the bike is gone. and im screwed... they usually back off a bit when your draggin knee on exit ramps to hit the back road twisties...dont stand a chance....
Old 12-12-2012, 12:32 PM

Splash4195 is an unknown quantity at this point

Done a couple times and got a away! Now I just pull over to much risk envolved with getting caught now. To much to lose!
Old 12-16-2012, 09:34 AM
THIS IS WHAT WE DO!

ro 100 proof is a decent person

Yes and I used to do it for fun but that stuff gets old. If u ever have to, be calm and make smart choices don't let the adrinaline take over that's how u make mistakes and wrong turns. For all those who r gonna say the smart choice would be not to run, I respect that ur a safe rider, respect that I go hard and don't have a license.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:23 PM
Stunt Pimp

Pat-trick is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive been in well over 200 police chases and they aint never gonna catch me
Old 12-18-2012, 06:12 AM

ethan294 is a decent person
Cool Re: Have you ever run from the police?

Originally Posted by Buick
My 50 was born to run.
im with you man hahaha

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...38566521_n.jpg
Old 12-18-2012, 06:17 AM

ethan294 is a decent person
Cool Re: Have you ever run from the police?

Originally Posted by Buick
My 50 was born to run.
im with you man hahaha

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...38566521_n.jpg
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	50 run.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	246320  
Old 12-18-2012, 08:53 AM
THIS IS WHAT WE DO!

ro 100 proof is a decent person

Originally Posted by Pat-trick
Ive been in well over 200 police chases and they aint never gonna catch me
Gangsta!
Old 01-03-2014, 07:08 AM

PacifiedSide is a decent person

Twice..

1st time : driving down HWY (speeding) and passed a cop going the opposite direction.. he had to go up just a little bit to turn around. So I put'er in 2nd and off I went.. The road ahead curved enough to leave view, ducked off to the right, went down the road hit a neighborhood on the left, came out the other end and back out to the same HWY but I needed to be there my turn to the HWY that hits my house was there.. aaand that's it.

2nd time: Coming down interstate 80+ with a buddy back into the city.. passed a trooper also running opposite direction .. looked back once to see his nose dive and the taillights and off we went.. Too easy to get away.. Split traffic a lot for about 8 miles only reason we stayed on was the interstate literally dumped into the city..

I've also pulled over for simple stuff
Old 01-31-2014, 12:59 AM

Bing_FTP is a decent person

1) I was 17, drunk off my ***. The fuzz busted the party. Ran through into a cornfield.
2) ROC '13
Old 01-31-2014, 10:36 AM
bp chaser

MikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for repMikeM User spends way too much time asking for rep

I pretty much gave up street riding cause the cops in my hood come at me the second they see my bike. I'm sick of every trip to the gas station or the deli turning into another stupid race.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:59 PM

Larry_sx is a decent person

It depends on the situation for me I guess. But if I know I can, I'm gone! Wheelied past a cop through an intersection, hauled ***. When I got to the next light I didn't see them. But got to the next light there his *** was. Right next to me on the shoulder. He waited for the light to turn before he turned his lights on, n had another cop waiting just ahead of me.. The light turned n I was gone! The other cop swerved at me me trying to slow me down, but I wasn't going to. Once I was bout a half mile a head of them they just gave up. Haha.. But I have a son now, so I'm really chilling out with all that.
Old 02-22-2014, 02:31 AM

F4Raj is a decent person

It'd Probably be best to leave that up to the lawyers, not a cop.
Of course a cop is going to tell you honesty is the best, while it is the cops job to lie and get the most information out of you as possible. Stay silent, and know your rights; the only way to do it right.
Old 04-24-2014, 07:15 PM

kite Boy is a decent person

first post woohoo yes ive ran dont go faster than you normally ride .fyi u can oi run a chopper but it can cut corners dont forget.

Quick Reply: Have you ever run from the police?