FIDDY TECH: Help, How-to, Parts & Mods Have a technical question? Looking for the best parts? Want to share some info on new fiddy parts you bought or have seen? Post it up here!

kick start issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 12:42 AM

Fusion is an unknown quantity at this point
kick start issue

Bought a 50, got it shipped to me (fluid free of course...no oil, no gas in it) Put it all together correctly. (or so I thought) Put new oil and gas in it...then hit a wall trying to start it up. Every 3rd kick it gets ridiculously hard to push down on the kick starter. Almost holds my whole body weight on it without going down at all. I tried to start it about 30 times with no luck so I called it a night. It seemed like it got ALITTLE bit easier as I kept trying, but still no luck...

Bought the bike from a guy on this thread and he seemed like a cool guy. Even sent me a video of the bike starting up on the first try...revved up engine and what not to showed me it ran before I bought it, but I'm going to be honest, I'm a COMPLETE idiot when it comes to messing with these bikes...I just like to ride them...but has anyone has this problem before?
Old 07-21-2011, 12:50 AM

DJFireUSA is a decent person
Re: kick start issue

Please share exactly what you assembled so we can rule some stuff out.

How much oil did you put in it?

Have you tried to kick her over with the spark plug removed. While you do this you might as well check for spark.

It's a simple system. You need air, fuel, and a spark. Of course the timing has to be just right too so if the motor was opened up... all bets are off.

Run 93 octane fuel and make sure it's fresh.