Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Music Forum and Reviews (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/456-music-forum-reviews)
-   -   who gets down with classic rock? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/456-music-forum-reviews/172838-who-gets-down-classic.html)

aw0n0 11-02-2006 12:24 PM

who gets down with classic rock?

list your five favorite classic rock bands.
5- george throrougood and the destroyers
4- allman brothers band
3- jimi hendrix
2- pink floyd
1- the doors

TimsKFX400 11-02-2006 01:21 PM

Re: who gets down with classic rock?

5-Led Zepplin
4-Pink Floyd
3-ZZ Top
2-Beatles(earlier stuff)
1-Doors

aw0n0 11-02-2006 01:32 PM

gangster shit, i dunno about the beatles though...
i always thought their shit was kinda gay

old man roger 11-02-2006 01:33 PM

[quote=StreetJurisdiction]gangster shit, i dunno about the beatles though...
i always thought their shit was kinda gay[/quote]:nono:nono:nono

322efonic 11-02-2006 01:34 PM

how are the doors or beattles classic rock classic rock is rush def lepard and so on

TimsKFX400 11-02-2006 01:40 PM

[QUOTE=322efonic]how are the doors or beattles classic rock classic rock is rush def lepard and so on[/QUOTE]
Youre an idiot...

def lep and rush are nowhere near classic rock. its more like butt rock.

granted, rush is a damned good band but they dont deserve near the credit as the doors...what a shame.:nono

i didnt mean the beatles when they were on the ed sullivan show or anything...more so in the 70s.

MikeM 11-02-2006 01:42 PM

[QUOTE=322efonic]how are the doors or beattles classic rock classic rock is rush def lepard and so on[/QUOTE]
:banghead

MikeM 11-02-2006 01:44 PM

1. The Who
2. GNR, I believe they qualify now
3. Floyd
4. The Beatles
5. Jethro Tull

322efonic 11-02-2006 01:44 PM

its more rock then the beattles or the doors are you out of your mind one is a boyu band group from back in the day and the other is just a huge burnout hippie

322efonic 11-02-2006 01:45 PM

[QUOTE=MikeM]1. The Who
2. GNR, I believe they qualify now
3. Floyd
4. The Beatles
5. Jethro Tull[/QUOTE]

hahahahahhahaahah you said jethro tull

MikeM 11-02-2006 01:48 PM

[QUOTE=TimsKFX400]granted, rush is a damned good band but they dont deserve near the credit as the doors...what a shame.:nono
[/QUOTE]I completely agree with all your points but this one.
The only thing The Doors have over Rush are considerably better looking members. Their music was decent, but nothing amazing, even for the time. Their lyrics were catchy to kids who were rebelling against whatever. Today we call that "emo" think about it. Im not saying they werent good, Im just saying Rush has far more musical talent. Im also not saying Rush qualifies as classic yet.

old man roger 11-02-2006 01:48 PM

[quote=322efonic]hahahahahhahaahah you said jethro tull[/quote]they won an award for best heavy metal band i guess flutes are haevy haha

old man roger 11-02-2006 01:50 PM

[quote=MikeM]I completely agree with all your points but this one.
The only thing The Doors have over Rush are considerably better looking members. Their music was decent, but nothing amazing, even for the time. Their lyrics were catchy to kids who were rebelling against whatever. Today we call that "emo" think about it. Im not saying they werent good, Im just saying Rush has far more musical talent. Im also not saying Rush qualifies as classic yet.[/quote]neil pert:YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH :YEAH

MikeM 11-02-2006 01:51 PM

[QUOTE=322efonic]its more rock then the beattles or the doors are you out of your mind one is a boyu band group from back in the day and the other is just a huge burnout hippie[/QUOTE]
If u think the beatles are anything like a boy band, I would bet you dont listen to their music. True, stupid girls flocked to them, but their music really was groundbreaking stuff. Man I could go on forever about how they were miles ahead of their time. maybe I will later

MikeM 11-02-2006 01:52 PM

[QUOTE=old man roger]they won an award for best heavy metal band i guess flutes are haevy haha[/QUOTE]
Ian rocks out on that thing. He looks gay as hell on stage dancing around with a flute, for sure, but I really do like their music.

old man roger 11-02-2006 01:52 PM

[quote=MikeM]If u think the beatles are anything like a boy band, I would bet you dont listen to their music. True, stupid girls flocked to them, but their music really was groundbreaking stuff. Man I could go on forever about how they were miles ahead of their time. maybe I will later[/quote]i would have to agree:cheers

TimsKFX400 11-02-2006 01:53 PM

but alot of the doors stuff noone has even heard...all of the doors on the radio nowadays is their popular hits.

you never hear whiskey bar, or peace frog, or crystal ship on the radio...those were the true good doors songs.

i agree rush is a damned good band...i just dont think they deserve as much credit as some of the others that are out there.

the who is on tour now again and im going to try and see them.

and as for calling the beatles a boy band....gtfo. learn some music then come back to the forum. they were pretty much some of the founding fathers of classic rock. i cant stand the 'cant buy me love' beatles...but the sgt peppers and a couple of other later albums were great. hell...john lennons individual albums were amazing.

322efonic 11-02-2006 01:53 PM

i take it you hve a hidden love for them you just have to think rock is like rock and roll not singing with 5 of your friends

TimsKFX400 11-02-2006 01:57 PM

actually only two of them sang...get your 'information' correct before you try and talk to me about music dude.

TimsKFX400 11-02-2006 01:59 PM

and even though he isnt old...stevie ray vaughn had some GREAT music

like this...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-IzO30aF_g[/url]