Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion Polls Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/451-stunt-discussion-polls-forum)
-   -   Do you do stoppies, if so do you have a steering damper (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/451-stunt-discussion-polls-forum/94025-do-you-do-stoppies.html)

NinjaTurtle 10-05-2004 07:34 PM

Do you do stoppies, if so do you have a steering damper

Just seeing how many people do and don't use dampers with stoppies, some people say you should't do a stoppie without one so....

dan gates 10-05-2004 07:37 PM

Re: Do you do stoppies, if so do you have a steering damper

scotts, best 400 i ever spent

Lucas 10-05-2004 09:00 PM

i do stoppies with out a dampener, im geting into rolling endos now so im gonna get one for next season. ive already done one tank slapper and dont want to happen again. my bike has been in an accident also so i dont want to push it with out one on there

jbone 10-05-2004 09:11 PM

i've got a scott's on one bike and a hyperpro on the other one scott's is by far the best dampner out there well worth the money i used to do them without a damper now you wouldn't catch me doing it without one

kingtuts 10-05-2004 09:12 PM

im r0llen 150+ with no damper on the Rweez.

SAMBO 10-05-2004 09:21 PM

[QUOTE=dan gates]scotts, best 400 i ever spent[/QUOTE]

Damn that's a lot! I was about to go that route, but my friend is gonna sell me his Scott's w/ mounting kit for $100 :cheers Can't beat that price!!! :YEAH

BunaRocket 10-05-2004 11:17 PM

I'm rolling 300ft with no damper, but don't trust it no more. Got a custom built one on the way, curtosy of ICS damper.

I used to have a ICS damper and was rolling almost 400ft, but too squirrly for me without one

forcefedfreak 10-05-2004 11:27 PM

Yes, no :laughing

ranchosmog 10-06-2004 12:11 AM

i got a scotts too i was doing fine with out it but now that its on i feel more confident, i usually keep it one click down from the tightest setting even around town it doesnt bother me. i got it more so for the higher speed wheelies it never crossed my mind to get it for stoppies.

paragus 10-06-2004 10:06 AM

929 rollin them without one, had one bad tankslapper, and a few wobbles.. im not gonna push myself any more till i get one, i think im gonna go ohlins

tuhy979 10-06-2004 10:24 AM

I run an ICS also makes a ton of difference. I kept stock on too.

KROHNSTUNTS 10-06-2004 10:29 AM

i dont use one even though i should. its kinda like a condom :laughing

Ruff 10-06-2004 11:25 AM

I just started learning to roll em out so I put an Ohlins on yesterday. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet though... Can't wait! :YEAH

verticalfrank 10-06-2004 11:55 AM

rollin 400+ without one, I know I need to get one ....I've had some headshakes and I did get tossed by one at the end of a stoppie. anyone know of a scott's dampener for sale?? :shruggs

RoadStainR6 10-06-2004 11:58 AM

Not rollin any huge endo's or anything... but I don't have one. I will when I get the money though. Next season I'll most likely pick up a scotts for whatever my new stuntbike is.

D-WRECK 10-06-2004 12:40 PM

could any one put up a web site so i can get my ass one

j900rr 10-06-2004 12:47 PM

i dont use one , i've had tank slap only once an a few wobbles but i think it might be time to invest in one just to be on the safe side

DSB........NO YOUR NOT LISTENING..........DIRTY SHORE BOYS!!!!!!

Pflepnuts 10-06-2004 12:48 PM

[QUOTE=S.I.C.K.gsxr]could any one put up a web site so i can get my ass one[/QUOTE]

kneedraggers.com :hello

crazeinc 10-06-2004 01:02 PM

I have one, but the way it mounts you can't have it on with the streetfighter headlight mounted at the same time. If I ever turn the f3 into a parking lot bike, I'll put it back on otherwise I'm doing them without.

f4rider 10-06-2004 01:24 PM

Don't have one. I want one, but I'm cheap and they're damn expensive. Are there any top mount rod dampers for cheaper than 400?