Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion Polls Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/451-stunt-discussion-polls-forum)
-   -   In Your Opinion Which Is Better? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/451-stunt-discussion-polls-forum/186280-your-opinion-better.html)

BaddBwoyRyda 04-04-2007 08:22 PM

In Your Opinion Which Is Better?

Just starting to learn the slow stuff and wanted to put on a Hand Brake System... My Question is... Is it to better to discipline yourself and just learn with the foot brake... Or throw on the Hand Brake as a "safety precaution" in order to Help you learn how to use the foot brake?

S.I.T 04-04-2007 08:25 PM

Re: In Your Opinion Which Is Better?

Foot Brake. Become one with that motherfucker....LOL

HB's generally come after you got all the basics down on lock and you start moving to alot more technical shit.....

Burial87 04-04-2007 08:30 PM

[QUOTE=S.I.T;2700951]Foot Brake. Become one with that motherfucker....LOL

HB's generally come after you got all the basics down on lock and you start moving to alot more technical shit.....[/QUOTE]

+1 exactly, u learn better balance that way:cheers

PAINTRIXX 04-04-2007 10:40 PM

[QUOTE=S.I.T;2700951]Foot Brake. Become one with that motherfucker....LOL

HB's generally come after you got all the basics down on lock and you start moving to alot more technical shit.....[/QUOTE]

yea what he said:cheers

chirpin4th 04-05-2007 01:54 AM

[quote=Burial87;2700956]+1 exactly, u learn better balance that way:cheers[/quote]

:LOL "they felt like bags of sand"

old duffer 04-05-2007 02:42 AM

[QUOTE=chirpin4th;2701400]:LOL "they felt like bags of sand"[/QUOTE]

:LOL :LOL

[b][url=http://autoinsurances.wearecares.net]Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance[/url] | [url=autoprotection.wearecares.net]Auto/Moto Protection Today[/url] | [url=trade-in.wearecares.net]FREE Trade-In Quote[/url][/b]

Street Warrior 04-05-2007 03:11 AM

[B][SIZE="7"]NO[/SIZE][/B], just use the foot brake... handbrake is throwing too much in to the mix too soon. You only need a handbrake when you want to slow down seat standers and spreaders and off-peg tricks like that. Learn to scrape standups and sitdowns with the footbrake first.:2cents

da Liks 04-05-2007 06:18 AM

[QUOTE=BaddBwoyRyda;2700945]Just starting to learn the slow stuff and wanted to put on a Hand Brake System... My Question is... Is it to better to discipline yourself and just learn with the foot brake... Or throw on the Hand Brake as a "safety precaution" in order to Help you learn how to use the foot brake?[/QUOTE]

you already know the answer to this question, come on man..

Burial87 04-05-2007 02:33 PM

[QUOTE=chirpin4th;2701400]:LOL "they felt like bags of sand"[/QUOTE]

im sorry, i dont get it:shruggs

Joe 636 04-05-2007 02:38 PM

Definitly learn with the foot brake...there is so much to learn before you even think of getting a hand brake...

...and I don't get the bags of sand comment either...:shruggs

aw0n0 04-05-2007 02:39 PM

i say it depends on what type of rider you want to be. if you want to learn with a HB, go for it. :shruggs
i personally dont even have a HB yet, i feel theres A LOT to learn without one...

Joe 636 04-05-2007 02:40 PM

Oh yeah...CHIRPIN4th > What the hell is goin on in your avatar? Did you lower the bike or what is that...it looks weird//

aw0n0 04-05-2007 02:41 PM

the bags of sand reference is from the movie 40 year old virgin. the virgin dude and his boys are all sitting around talking about women and the virgin guy tries to pretend like hes been with lots of women and he goes, 'you know when youre feeling on a girls breasts and they feel like bags of sand.'

Joe 636 04-05-2007 02:44 PM

[quote=aw0n0;2702201]the bags of sand reference is from the movie 40 year old virgin. the virgin dude and his boys are all sitting around talking about women and the virgin guy tries to pretend like hes been with lots of women and he goes, 'you know when youre feeling on a girls breasts and they feel like bags of sand.'[/quote]

Ahhh yeah, I remember now...

mosh69 04-05-2007 02:49 PM

This may sound totally retarded but I'm not covering the rear brake AT ALL.
I've looped twice when I 1st started (1st gear power wheelies).
But I'm just about BP now w/no brake coverage.
The foot angle seems so hokey, but I know I need to get on it.

3824 04-05-2007 02:54 PM

[QUOTE=Burial87;2702181]im sorry, i dont get it:shruggs[/QUOTE]

If you still dont get it he means you are talking about something you dont know about ........

[QUOTE=aw0n0;2702201]the bags of sand reference is from the movie 40 year old virgin. the virgin dude and his boys are all sitting around talking about women and the virgin guy tries to pretend like hes been with lots of women and he goes, 'you know when youre feeling on a girls breasts and they feel like bags of sand.'[/QUOTE]

ERDMANN 04-05-2007 03:11 PM

[quote=mosh69;2702219]This may sound totally retarded but I'm not covering the rear brake AT ALL.
I've looped twice when I 1st started (1st gear power wheelies).
But I'm just about BP now w/no brake coverage.
The foot angle seems so hokey, but I know I need to get on it.[/quote]
For the streets or lets say faster shit i dont cover the brake, i like to be on the balls of my feet, for them, there is enough engine brake at high speeds to slow it down:2cents unless you want to do a fast coaster

ERDMANN 04-05-2007 03:13 PM

oh yah and do 8-10 circle before you put a hand brake on IMO:2cents

Street Warrior 04-05-2007 03:19 PM

[QUOTE=mosh69;2702219]This may sound totally retarded but I'm not covering the rear brake AT ALL.[/QUOTE]

yeah that's about as retarded as having a pic of you sitting in highchair position on 2 wheels as your avatar:LOL

just start jabbin the brake while the front wheels up man, don't wait till you need it:2cents

dizzie56 04-05-2007 03:50 PM

[quote=scott3824;2702233]If you still dont get it he means you are talking about something you dont know about ........[/quote]

damn u beat me to it :banghead :banghead :banghead

im suprised he has the balls to come back on here :LOL