Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Service, Repair, and Maintenance (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444-service-repair-maintenance)
-   -   Best clearance (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444-service-repair-maintenance/95486-best-clearance.html)

Damon 10-14-2004 03:52 PM

Best clearance

I am considering putting a cage on my bike (K4 600). . . . Which cage will I have the least amount of clearance issues with when leaning in the corners? I no all of the cages are subject to hit the pavement but is the clearance any better for one than the other? I like the 905 but not sure what's best becasue I still like to play ride and not just stunt.

02redr1 10-14-2004 04:05 PM

Re: Best clearance

if i slide my bike hard, think slide around a 180, i can scrape the cage.....the 905's are durable as hell, but i don't know about clearance....

NovaMan 10-14-2004 04:34 PM

from pictures that ive seen (not from experience) it looks like the FI cages have the most clearence cause the cage seems to hug the plastics really close.

A buddy of mine has a 905 cage and hes scraped his while slow turning around in a parking lot.

XTJOE 10-14-2004 06:07 PM

i've got a 905 cage on my gixxer and i haven't had any problems yet rippin through corners, i haven't leaned completely over but close enough

verticalfrank 10-14-2004 06:24 PM

even though a fi cage is close to the plastic I think those style cages have less clearance. I had one and when I shitched to the 905 I think I got way more clearance. I'd rock a 905...they're solid cages and they look pretty cool :2cents

StuntRagz Chris 10-14-2004 07:23 PM

different bikes have different clearances, they all hit on power slides at least for me.
if you need track clearance you can take the lower loop off the FI cage.

street riding i have been using a 905 a lot lately and have not had any issues with clearance.

catach42 10-14-2004 11:18 PM

i have a 905 cage and its smashed in pretty good on the left so i got tons of clearence over there, but the right drags constantly! get an FI and take the loop off if u like draggin knees

Burt The Hurt 11-01-2004 08:54 PM

I know this is an old post but I think I may get a 929rr just to ride and go through the twisties.... I would like a cage because it would have saved my last 929. Anyway This bike would be for knee draggin and Highway wheelies so I was wondering if any one had some insight on this for me.... :cheers

Thanks,
Burt

Got2josh 11-01-2004 09:46 PM

I'm getting a gixxer in a few months and the first thing going on it is a cage. I need something like what damon wants, good for stunting but also so I can still knee drag if I want to. How easily does the lower loop come off on the 905? I like the look of the 905 but don't want to have lcearance issues, does the lower loop come off somehow or do you have to cut the thing off, making it permanent.

StuntRagz Chris 11-01-2004 10:09 PM

905 is perm once mounted.
only cage which partialy comes apart is FI

[url]http://stuntragz.com/Templates/cage.htm[/url]

TEACH C6 11-02-2004 08:11 AM

go with a FI, like everyone says, the loop comes off with 4 easy bolts. on my 636, the 905 is nice, but scrapes way too easy...the FI allows some aggressive riding, but def take the loop off.

-MXD- 11-02-2004 12:44 PM

MOTO XTREME DESIGNS has a new product on the market that no one has seen or made. it is patent pending. its a track cage, only has 2 mounting points on each side and you can drag knee with them. they have been tested the entire year, tanks wheelies gone bad, freeway spills, high sides, low sides. every time riders have rode away with the exception of one of the owners that hit a curb and bent his front rotor and clip on broke off. hit me up if you want them. i have pics, but i cant post them. give me an email and i will send you pics

atomic 11-02-2004 02:58 PM

i want them pics...

[email]suzuki_sux@hotmail.com[/email]

TEACH C6 11-02-2004 03:03 PM

[QUOTE=gsxr7502001]MOTO XTREME DESIGNS has a new product on the market that no one has seen or made. it is patent pending. its a track cage, only has 2 mounting points on each side and you can drag knee with them. they have been tested the entire year, tanks wheelies gone bad, freeway spills, high sides, low sides. every time riders have rode away with the exception of one of the owners that hit a curb and bent his front rotor and clip on broke off. hit me up if you want them. i have pics, but i cant post them. give me an email and i will send you pics[/QUOTE]

not hating.

i wanna see pics too: [email]teach@core6.net[/email]

i know my example is roadracing, but here it is: i find it hard that a cage allows you to ride so hard that you can drag knee.....it is not uncommon to have lower and mid fairing scraping the ground when cornering....so how would a cage work in this...

i gotta see it!

Speedballer 11-02-2004 03:11 PM

[QUOTE=Burt The Hurt]...may get a 929rr just to ride and go through the twisties.... ....for knee draggin[/QUOTE]
You cannot lean over for shit, nor go fast through the corners w/ any cage. 929 has enough ground-clearance problems anyway, even w/out a cage.
If your bike has a cage, and you think you are blazing in the corners, think again.

Like Teach said, get the FI and take off the loop.

StuntRagz Chris 11-02-2004 03:18 PM

[QUOTE=TEACH C6]not hating.

i wanna see pics too: [email]teach@core6.net[/email]

i know my example is roadracing, but here it is: i find it hard that a cage allows you to ride so hard that you can drag knee.....it is not uncommon to have lower and mid fairing scraping the ground when cornering....so how would a cage work in this...

i gotta see it![/QUOTE]

I'm with Teach on this. send me some pics to [email]chris@stuntragz.com[/email]

Speedballer 11-02-2004 03:40 PM

[QUOTE=StuntRagz Chris]I'm with Teach on this. send me some pics to [email]chris@stuntragz.com[/email][/QUOTE]

[email]SpeedballerZ@hotmail.com[/email]

spike_x4 11-02-2004 04:25 PM

i wanna see it as well.

[email]spike_x4@hotmail.com[/email]

-MXD- 11-02-2004 06:21 PM

ok i sent you all pics. if you didnt get them, let me know. as far as dragging knee.... the 600rr you CAN drag knee, on the gsxrs you can scrape the cage, but you would also be scraping the exhaust. they are designed to hit the ground within 1/2 cm of the exhaust hitting the ground. i would not use them on the track during really hard riding, i would recomend them on tracks for your first couple track days, until you really know how to hit the turns hard. however, on the street, the things cant be beat as far as versitility goes. they HAVE been tested for almost a year on 4 dif. models. only damage is some small plastic damage and a bent front rotor and clip on due to a curb. they have been down from wheelies, slow and fast. freeway lowsides, high side in the twisties, everytime the bike was riden home. a couple times i rode the bike when the rider couldnt.

track cages do NOT protect you plastics as well as a stunt cage, but you WILL be able to ride home. we make stunt cages and extened sliders too. i will throw in some sliders for stuntlife members only

Speedballer 11-02-2004 06:44 PM

[QUOTE=gsxr7502001]ok i sent you all pics. if you didnt get them, let me know. [/QUOTE]

Didn't get a pic.
Please resend to a dif addy.
[B]Speedballer347X@Yahoo.com[/B]

Thank you