Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Service, Repair, and Maintenance (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444-service-repair-maintenance)
-   -   Where is the best place to buy tires? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444-service-repair-maintenance/93236-where-best-place-buy.html)

SVDragon 09-30-2004 04:49 PM

Where is the best place to buy tires?

Title says it all........ where is the best place to buy tires?

MIKE_SR 09-30-2004 04:57 PM

Re: Where is the best place to buy tires?

[QUOTE=SVDragon]Title says it all........ where is the best place to buy tires?[/QUOTE]I haven't bought a tire in over a year....i go to dealerships and dig threw their tires that have nails or sh*t like that, because they don't plug tires, they just sell idiots new ones..

timeBOMB 09-30-2004 05:01 PM

[url]www.tiresunlimited.com[/url]

Got my perilli diablos there.. 9 bucks to ship and got them overnight.

2five0 09-30-2004 05:07 PM

[QUOTE=DeltonaStunna]I haven't bought a tire in over a year....i go to dealerships and dig threw their tires that have nails or sh*t like that, because they don't plug tires, they just sell idiots new ones..[/QUOTE]
that is the best way

Ballistic_22 09-30-2004 05:11 PM

Just snagged a 200 last sunday with about 40% tread on it. And to my surprise it actually fit my R6.

Cody W 09-30-2004 05:28 PM

[QUOTE=SVDragon]Title says it all........ where is the best place to buy tires?[/QUOTE]

[url]www.swmototires.com[/url]

no sales tax and if you buy a set they pay for shipping been going there for years.
\cody

f4istunna 09-30-2004 10:38 PM

like said above go to your local dealership they have to pay to get rid of them you can get them for free. Give the owner a few bones to mount it if you cant do it yourself and everyone makes out

GsxrMike 10-01-2004 04:07 AM

When you guys go to the junk tire piles, dont let them know how good the tires really are youre getting or some fu(k head mechanic that works there will start holdin out on em. And then when they see you walkin to look at the pile and u come up with nothing, they will throw u the sales pitch on some decent tire they have for sale for 20 bones. Thats the type of sh*t they pulled on me. So now when I go to the tire spots, I just say I'm makin a tire swing or just need a tire for burnout... :laughing

Regstunts 10-01-2004 09:15 AM

[QUOTE=GsxrMike]When you guys go to the junk tire piles, dont let them know how good the tires really are youre getting or some fu(k head mechanic that works there will start holdin out on em. And then when they see you walkin to look at the pile and u come up with nothing, they will throw u the sales pitch on some decent tire they have for sale for 20 bones. Thats the type of sh*t they pulled on me. So now when I go to the tire spots, I just say I'm makin a tire swing or just need a tire for burnout... :laughing[/QUOTE]

Yup..........I go on sundays when they're closed........

GsxrMike 10-01-2004 08:32 PM

[QUOTE=DNFstar]Yup..........I go on sundays when they're closed........[/QUOTE]
Me too, but some places junk pile is fenced in, then ur fu(ked...

Clay 10-01-2004 08:49 PM

Chop Shop

flip3587 10-02-2004 01:35 PM

i have to go through ebay, nobody gets rid of 160s that often, and when i buy i buy 3 or 4 rears and 2 fronts so i always got an extra...

twinisin 10-03-2004 02:17 PM

Bubble Gum usually goes for 100 bucks a set. Don't buy from dealers, go to a small shop that associates with C.C.S. or WERA racing, they'll hook you up. Try for D207 GP, that shiat is like glue...just becareful on your stoppies. :cheers

Mookz 10-04-2004 10:08 AM

I just snagged some Bridgestone Battlaxes off of eBay, 100% tread, brand new off of eBay for $100 bucks front and rear.

[url]www.ebay.com[/url] is the way to go if you have patience. :YEAH

Steve02 10-04-2004 03:05 PM

[url]www.parts411.com[/url] has good prices so i think

20blks 10-04-2004 08:06 PM

I bought a sport pilot from ebay for 2 bucks (19 for shipping). It had a nail in it and was used for only 100 miles.

SuzukiJoe 10-04-2004 08:15 PM

I've heard that plugging tires is a bad thing??? Not true??? Said that if you plug your tire and head down the road that it could blow.... Is this not true?? :shruggs

DoodleF4i 10-04-2004 08:19 PM

ive heard a few stories about blow outs but from high speeds most stunt bikes arnt set up for highspeed and who wants to go fast anyway? id rather go on one wheel :YEAH

SuzukiJoe 10-04-2004 08:26 PM

[QUOTE=doodle13245]ive heard a few stories about blow outs but from high speeds most stunt bikes arnt set up for highspeed and who wants to go fast anyway? id rather go on one wheel :YEAH[/QUOTE]
true... honest though i figure for 2 bills my life is worth it....

xraycatj 10-05-2004 02:59 AM

cheap ass tires.
[url]http://www.discountmotorcycletire.com/[/url]

pirelli diablos starting at 80something