Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Service, Repair, and Maintenance (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444-service-repair-maintenance)
-   -   i need help with my scotts sabilizer (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444-service-repair-maintenance/201348-i-need-help-my.html)

gixxerbob 09-14-2007 05:54 PM

i need help with my scotts sabilizer

so i went to the auto wreckers junk yard and found a scotts stabilizer...i went to pay for it and the guy had no idea what to charge me so i offered 25$.....and he said ok...what a steal..but it needs some work, it was working ok when i got it but it seemed like there was air in it..so i drained it out...what oil should i put in it and is there replacement parts for it? i need the o-ring for the adjustment knob (left knob)

ecthemc 09-14-2007 08:49 PM

Re: i need help with my scotts sabilizer

Yikes.. I wouldnt use it.. to me its like dropping a helment from the roof of my house than plastic welding it..

gixxerbob 09-14-2007 10:28 PM

i put brake fluid in it and it works fine...its not that complex of a machine

ecthemc 09-14-2007 10:55 PM

Well good.. it's always that one tank slapper thats gonna prove it's not working properly but im not jinxing u I hope it works damn well just be safe with any safety related equipment u got off of a junker.. u know?

dont make speed records on forks u got off a wrecked bike etc ;P

Street Warrior 09-15-2007 07:51 AM

^ ^ sick seat stander christ man :rolleyes: so you're saying you would not wear any helmet at all before you'd wear a plastic welded one?

I don't think brake fluid is thick enough. I've heard of people putting 90w gear oil in their stock gsxr dampers lol. I think you can mail it to scotts and they rebuildit for you for cheap. I think you're supposed to do that every couple of years no matter what.

gixxerbob 09-15-2007 01:05 PM

i tried 80/85 weight oil and it was a workout to move the bars when it was cranked all the way, like if i had to dodge a pot hole real quick i wouldnt b able to. hmmm, i gotta call scotts for a quote on a rebuild if i cant find the new o-rings to fit

nags 09-15-2007 01:06 PM

Just send it to Scotts.. They completley rebuild it for like 30 bucks.

gixxerbob 09-15-2007 01:07 PM

sick seat stander christ man :rolleyes:
super amazing:LOL

ecthemc 09-15-2007 01:51 PM

Sorry.. I may have said that wrong

What I meant was.. using something repaired, fixed.. Like a Helment.. Or a Stabalizer etc.. Is a risk..

I was basicly stating that I woudlnt use a repaired helment.. its kinda like goin on the highway without a helment.. something you just dont do !!!

I lost another friend this summer on the road so.. I'm real careful about myself..

but what do I know im jus a parkin lot stunta!

on that note ill just change my avatar to a a 12oclock sit down scrape ;)

nomad 09-16-2007 08:27 PM

to be safe, i would send it to scotts ,like guys are saying. a lot of little parts in the damper and best to let the makers check it out.:2cents

ecthemc 09-16-2007 10:30 PM

[quote=nomad;2944679]to be safe, i would send it to scotts ,like guys are saying. a lot of little parts in the damper and best to let the makers check it out.:2cents[/quote]

Good idea!

ImWhite 09-16-2007 10:36 PM

[quote=ecthemc;2943270]

on that note ill just change my avatar to a a 12oclock sit down scrape ;)[/quote]

into a truck? :shruggs

ecthemc 09-17-2007 03:34 PM

The truck wasn't hurt ;)

I stopped about 2 feet away... the zoom in on the camera makes it look really close

MikeM 09-17-2007 07:47 PM

[QUOTE=gixxerbob;2943210]i tried 80/85 weight oil and it was a workout to move the bars when it was cranked all the way, like if i had to dodge a pot hole real quick i wouldnt b able to. hmmm, i gotta call scotts for a quote on a rebuild if i cant find the new o-rings to fit[/QUOTE]

Thats how its supposed to be!!

Thats how you want it for stoppies, turn it down the rest of the time. It only takes a second.