Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Service, Repair, and Maintenance (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444-service-repair-maintenance)
-   -   Shake Shake Shake -- HELP (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444-service-repair-maintenance/153761-shake-shake-shake-help.html)

immortal1 03-06-2006 05:31 PM

Shake Shake Shake -- HELP

Any ideas would be great.

Background: I have a Scotts on the bike and brand new folk seals installed.

Problem: Really bad head shake

On the throttle ([b]Accelerating[/b]) or at constant speed) IS 100% PERFECT
Off the throttle ([b]Decelerating[/b]) is when it occurs.

The higher the speed the worse the shake. If I would let off at 60+ mph or so and let go of the bar ends, I WOULD BASICALLY DIE..

SliverR6 03-06-2006 05:34 PM

Re: Shake Shake Shake -- HELP

Balance the front tire? Bad belt? Bent rim? Bad steering stem bearings? Check all.

Wheeliest 03-06-2006 05:38 PM

check your rims for warpage (front and Back)
change tire
check fork height per tube
replace fork oil

check/fix all the ez things first.

ps: if one fork tube sits higher out of the top tripple clamp this could cause the problem, also open the fork caps to releave pressure from the new fork fluid.. might help.

immortal1 03-06-2006 09:36 PM

Thanks.. I've taken a'look at the forks and they come out evenly. I'm thinking maybe when I had them rebuilt, I installed, SLIGHTLY off? Not too sure but I do know it started around that time. Than again.. I have a REAR tire that's burning off on the left side of it, like I'm doing left hand circles all day long which I'm not. The tires are MAXIS which are really cheap.. I think I might lift the front end and spin the tire freely to see if there is any hang up's or warp as stated above.

Bomer82 03-07-2006 12:15 AM

Jack the frount end up and turn the bars slowley, if u feel a rough spot in the middle or any catching, my bike did the same thing. the bike is trying to ride stright but that blip wont let it and it will head shake, it was the steering stem bearings. If that is not it i would check the rim, or the tire could be wearing bad. Start cheep and work your way up

immortal1 03-07-2006 11:18 AM

[QUOTE=Bomer82]Jack the frount end up and turn the bars slowley, if u feel a rough spot in the middle or any catching, my bike did the same thing. the bike is trying to ride stright but that blip wont let it and it will head shake, it was the steering stem bearings. If that is not it i would check the rim, or the tire could be wearing bad. Start cheep and work your way up[/QUOTE]

LIKE the start cheap part.. :broke

SIC Nate 03-08-2006 12:35 AM

Definitely change the tire #1! I have found a bad tire to cause that problem often.

00929rr 03-08-2006 02:01 AM

[QUOTE=SIC Nate]Definitely change the tire #1! I have found a bad tire to cause that problem often.[/QUOTE]

+1 same issue i had last year , got a new tire and its all good now :cheers

immortal1 03-09-2006 01:48 AM

[QUOTE=SIC Nate]Definitely change the tire #1! I have found a bad tire to cause that problem often.[/QUOTE]

I'm heard the same thing.. These MAXIS POS tires that I have on here are really cheap cheap cheap ass tires and are most likely not helping!