Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Service, Repair, and Maintenance (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444-service-repair-maintenance)
-   -   Dirt Bars or Clip Ons? whats better? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/444-service-repair-maintenance/140827-dirt-bars-clip-ons.html)

richierokit 09-14-2005 04:29 PM

Dirt Bars or Clip Ons? whats better?

Just wondering what you guys thought was the better way to go? Thanx

El_Diablo 09-14-2005 04:47 PM

Re: Dirt Bars or Clip Ons? whats better?

what ever your more comfortable with- personally i like the looks of a nice low mounted set of clip ons alot better but thats just me

EZEC 09-14-2005 08:02 PM

for what?? just parking lots?? stoppies?? i have dirt bars only cause i broke my clip on.. i wish sometimes i still had them..... like in spreaders when my knees hit them...or whenever i want to do a heelclicker

iwannagixxer 09-15-2005 01:09 PM

why can't you heelclick with dirt bars?

louisvillerider 09-16-2005 09:27 AM

i have the MX bar kit, but haven't put them on yet....looks like they'll be in the way, but also the added stability would help me out since i don't have a dampner

CKxx 09-22-2005 03:58 PM

I think that the MX bars are more condusive to being an ass. So, in other words, I like them more. Both types have their place, but I like the feel of MX bars when rolling around on 1 wheel.

bill parr 09-22-2005 07:19 PM

i first had them like 4 or 5 months ago and now id never go bacdk to clip ons. of course i used to race moto cross so maybe thats why i like them sooooo much
:2cents

EZEC 09-22-2005 10:02 PM

[QUOTE=iwannagixxer]why can't you heelclick with dirt bars?[/QUOTE]

my legs aren't long enough...when i do spreaders my knees hit the end of the bars..see ->
[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/ezec_10O0/espreaderclose.jpg[/IMG]

bill parr 09-22-2005 10:20 PM

[QUOTE=ezec1000]my legs aren't long enough...when i do spreaders my knees hit the end of the bars..see ->
[IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/ezec_10O0/espreaderclose.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]
cause you need to rock back on your tail bone and kick them *****es out, im only 5'7" and i do em.....just have to go for it, but rockin back on your tailbone will help...and you usually do spreaders and heel clickers with your legs above the bars...just some constructive criticism, try it....trust me its waaaay easier/ :cheers

FSPalex 09-22-2005 10:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
im sorry i cant help it bro.... :LOL

EZEC 09-22-2005 10:29 PM

[QUOTE=bill parr]cause you need to rock back on your tail bone and kick them *****es out, im only 5'7" and i do em.....just have to go for it, but rockin back on your tailbone will help...and you usually do spreaders and heel clickers with your legs above the bars...just some constructive criticism, try it....trust me its waaaay easier/ :cheers[/QUOTE]

i was trying to scrape in that pic, i needed to be able to squeeze the bike if need be...i do roll on my tailbone but it's still to wide..i used to do them with clip on's but maybe i just need to stretch or something :shruggs

meddling kid 09-22-2005 11:22 PM

MX bars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bill parr 09-23-2005 12:10 AM

[QUOTE=ezec1000]i was trying to scrape in that pic, i needed to be able to squeeze the bike if need be...i do roll on my tailbone but it's still to wide..i used to do them with clip on's but maybe i just need to stretch or something :shruggs[/QUOTE]
stretching helps, so does a hand brake, once you get used to it a hand brake is gravy. if you are 17 up 2 down like i am you dont need the hand brake as much b/c you have so much engine brake, its just nice to have. with a bar, if something goes wrong and your on the tank you just jump off, ive done it....alot....dont get me wrong, i still suck, but the more you do it the better you get. just keep at, take breaks, if you get too tiered your gonna make mistakes or get fatiged.

EZEC 09-23-2005 11:22 AM

i have a handbrake but don't use it. i just can't set it up to a comfortable spot where i can reach it and the clutch. and i know all about jumping off tank scrapes when they go wrong :LOL. right now i'm -1 +10 so the engine braking is that serious but it works at like 20-25 mph..i just need to ride more i've only ridden spots 6 times this year and only 3 or 4 street rides :banghead

bill parr 09-23-2005 01:06 PM

[QUOTE=ezec1000]i have a handbrake but don't use it. i just can't set it up to a comfortable spot where i can reach it and the clutch. and i know all about jumping off tank scrapes when they go wrong :LOL. right now i'm -1 +10 so the engine braking is that serious but it works at like 20-25 mph..i just need to ride more i've only ridden spots 6 times this year and only 3 or 4 street rides :banghead[/QUOTE]
put the hand brake below the clutch and cut 2 inches off the end of your clutch lever, then work the hand brake with your 2 outside fingers. works for me, plus you can cover the clutch and the back brake at the same timewhen your on the tank or in a highchair...

T-NECK 09-24-2005 12:17 PM

Dirt Bars.

FSPalex 09-25-2005 01:56 AM

[QUOTE=T-NECK]Dirt Bars.[/QUOTE]

do you ever shut up? :shruggs

bikefreak600 09-25-2005 02:43 AM

i feel like i have better control of the bike with dirt bike bars :cheers

T-NECK 09-25-2005 03:44 AM

[QUOTE=CBRskunk]do you ever shut up? :shruggs[/QUOTE]

this coming from the guy with over 2 THOUSAND posts.... :rolleyes: :laughing

FSPalex 09-25-2005 12:43 PM

[QUOTE=T-NECK]this coming from the guy with over 2 THOUSAND posts.... :rolleyes: :laughing[/QUOTE]
GET IT RIGHT D1CK 2,260 :laughing