Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunting Help and Advice (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443-stunting-help-advice)
-   -   rolling burner (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443-stunting-help-advice/363-rolling-burner.html)

SCoast AStar13 10-03-2002 01:57 AM

rolling burner

Does everybody start out in firSt or do some use second? may be even third? thanks for the info:twofinger

Keith of Ronin 10-03-2002 11:27 PM

hey its your b- day happy birthday

heres a pic to lighten you up for your birthday,
i attended a party that had a wet-t-shirt contest
check out this girl[IMG]http://www.fortunecity.com/olympia/malone/118/16208e00.gif[/IMG]

oh you live near me dont you? when you coming out to meet us at our spot on Wednesdays, we meet at 7:30 p.m. in cardiff between DMV and the liquor store!

If you come out on Wednesday the guys will give you hints and examples of burning your tire off!

AKA TC 10-04-2002 01:08 AM

I start them in first....

nags 10-04-2002 01:12 AM

I can't afford tires so I don't do them... But when I do, they are in first.

SCoast AStar13 10-04-2002 11:15 AM

Sweet Pic

Thanx for the info and the b-day shot. I pulled a few straight lines in 2nd yesterday b4 all the drinking started.:cheers :yack Haven't really started trying circles just getting some info 1st.

Hey Lizard I thought you guys were meeting out they at like 9 I rolled out there once over the summer and no one was there but the following week at around 8:30 on a fri I saw about 12 or so rolling down West Jersey was that you guys? Do you just stay in the lot off Lincoln? What about the popo

Lance__ 10-04-2002 01:10 PM

same here when i do em i am in first gear... but lately i can't affored tires... hint the fact i will have cord showing if i keep riding in a few days...LOL

HiZ 10-04-2002 06:31 PM

Lean over the front,
when you're learnin' use 1st
slow down and as you're slowing just dump the clutch,
the key to being controled is just enough throttle to keep the tire spining
you regulate speed using the brake
get used to rollin in a straight line and the you can bounce it off the rev limiter and try shifting, starting in 2nd, stuff like that.

Keith of Ronin 10-05-2002 01:03 AM

Scoast that was us!

[QUOTE]I saw about 12 or so rolling down West Jersey was that you guys? Do you just stay in the lot off Lincoln? What about the popo[/QUOTE]

fridays at 8:30 and Wednesdays at 7:30, the guys play alittle in the lot but we dont stay there long, we go to deserted area, or back roads to pratice or we just go for rides sometimes and hit some turns, i have been really sick, doctors got me on steriods to get me better, so hopefully i will be out soon. Otherwise just come on out, new people show up each week! I will keep an eye out for ya!

oh i try to lead the guys so we dont get speeding tickets, but at the same time i like to stay behind so that i dont loose any one.

10-05-2002 02:10 AM

Re: Scoast that was us!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mudlizard [/i]
[B]fridays at 8:30 and Wednesdays at 7:30, the guys play alittle in the lot but we dont stay there long, we go to deserted area, or back roads to pratice or we just go for rides sometimes and hit some turns, i have been really sick, doctors got me on steriods to get me better, so hopefully i will be out soon. Otherwise just come on out, new people show up each week! I will keep an eye out for ya!

oh i try to lead the guys so we dont get speeding tickets, but at the same time i like to stay behind so that i dont loose any one. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ill stop around next weds see whats up!:apimp

kids 10-09-2002 11:43 PM

It Depends

It all depends on the purpose of the burnout. You can do tighter, faster figure 8s with the rear turning slowly (1st gear). You also burn off a lot less rubber. But if disappearing in a cloud of smoke is your aim, spin it as fast as you can in a higher gear. It will be much less stable laterally, but smoke will ROLL out. Breaking it loose is the hard part in higher gears, but can be overcome by decelerating sharply until you get the bike into the power band, then ease off the front brake some so you don't totally stop.

Chris