Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunting Help and Advice (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443-stunting-help-advice)
-   -   how do i crush in my tank the rite way? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443-stunting-help-advice/274867-how-do-i-crush.html)

spoolinbyyou 03-16-2010 12:47 PM

how do i crush in my tank the rite way?

what up guys, i browsed the forums and google but no luck under crushing in tankn, denting tank or how to`s,

how did you crush in your tank`s?

i have a 00 cbr f4 as well if it make a difference
thanks guys.

havok 03-16-2010 12:50 PM

Re: how do i crush in my tank the rite way?

1 Attachment(s)
[quote=spoolinbyyou;4287207]what up guys, i browsed the forums and google but no luck under crushing in tankn, denting tank or how to`s,

how did you crush in your tank`s?

i have a 00 cbr f4 as well if it make a difference
thanks guys.[/quote]
heres my old f4..use a dead blow hammer...you can go bigger if you want..

PETe P 03-16-2010 12:52 PM

wow that is actually some good directions!!

sdfkillz 03-16-2010 12:54 PM

i prefer a deadblow hammer. you can buy one at any home improvement/hardware store. i usually use a towel or t shirt over it so i dont mark up the paint as bad. start with the back of the cap the side closest to the seat. go slow and and work your way back and out. you have to spread a dent, dont just go hammering away all over the place cuz you will get creases and cracks.

zookiezook 03-16-2010 08:41 PM

i think they should make dent makers... they got dent pullers and yea those are pretty good directions

NAARDEN INC 03-16-2010 10:18 PM

nice picture, but watch out for these mistakes

-Do not dent tank with out gas cap removed from tank, leave it in or the neck with bend wrong and warp

-creasing the edges by not working in an ever expanding dent location and smashing the whole dent in.

-using anything but a deadblow or large soft face hammer. Using two hammers works well because you can aim better where you next hammers strikes force will be directed on the dent. Using a phone book helps

-smashing the splash guard in the gas fill area so close to the bottom of the tank if not touching that makes filling up the bike a pain in the ass, sometimes cutting it out is nice but dont blow yourself up.

-plan for one of these if you do an otown dent. [url]http://www.naarden.biz/proddetail.asp?prod=stunt-tank-dent-pad-kit[/url]

zookiezook 03-25-2010 12:30 PM

u CRUSH your tank by taking a cylinder block and dropping it off a building and have it land on your tank .. that way its one solid hit

IV 03-25-2010 03:24 PM

[quote=NAARDEN INC;4287574]nice picture, but watch out for these mistakes

-Do not dent tank with out gas cap removed from tank, leave it in or the neck with bend wrong and warp

[/quote]
this is contradictory. leave the cap in!

T/C 03-25-2010 03:29 PM

[quote=IV;4293902]this is contradictory. leave the cap in![/quote]

So i am not stupid for not understanding if the cap should be in or out? lol...

NAARDEN INC 03-25-2010 10:08 PM

[quote=IV;4293902]this is contradictory. leave the cap in![/quote]

Damn, should have re read that part.
Ya leave the gas cap in, dont take it out to dent it or itll leak.

wtf.:LOL

KINGjafeJOE 03-26-2010 12:28 AM

So How do i cut the splash guard out without blowin me and my garage up:LOL

spoolinbyyou 03-26-2010 01:13 AM

im beating another tank if for my friend i got it down pat with 1 rubber mallot and a dead blow hammer came out puss il take pics tomorrow thanks guys!

and yah i was confused for a second i left it in it needs to get bent with the tank or you will never get it to bolt back in lol