Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunting Help and Advice (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443-stunting-help-advice)
-   -   staggered stand-ups (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/443-stunting-help-advice/157697-staggered-stand-ups.html)

#1framer 04-28-2006 11:25 PM

staggered stand-ups

i enjoy doing basic standups with both my feet on the front pegs. but thats boring so i decided to try my foot on the pass peg but i weigh prolly 230 and i torque the flimsy pass peg so i kinda of hesitent to try them in second on the highways and byways. i ride an 04 636 nice bike but it is pretty cheesy.

tim 67 04-28-2006 11:44 PM

Re: staggered stand-ups

just takes some gettin used too... like anything else just gotta go for it:cheers

SIC J 04-29-2006 01:10 AM

once you get used to it, youll find out its a hell of a lot easier and more comfortable and you will rock longer stand ups for sure

Joseph
SIC Riders
SoCalStunts.com

Danger_Dave 04-29-2006 01:47 AM

try seatstanders

Kelm 04-29-2006 01:50 AM

I feel like my left foot is gonna slip off the peg because my leg hits the part where the tail furing curves outwards and then back in... at least on the Gixxer6 and R6 ive clutched up full fairings... Is it normal? Just wish the pegs were a little longer I guess.

sdfkillz 04-29-2006 02:14 AM

[QUOTE=Kelm]I feel like my left foot is gonna slip off the peg because my leg hits the part where the tail furing curves outwards and then back in... at least on the Gixxer6 and R6 ive clutched up full fairings... Is it normal? Just wish the pegs were a little longer I guess.[/QUOTE]
the r6 pokes out but the gsxr doesnt so i dont know where ur gettin that from

funkodelic 04-29-2006 01:19 PM

[QUOTE=#1framer]i enjoy doing basic standups with both my feet on the front pegs. but thats boring so i decided to try my foot on the pass peg but i weigh prolly 230 and i torque the flimsy pass peg so i kinda of hesitent to try them in second on the highways and byways. i ride an 04 636 nice bike but it is pretty cheesy.[/QUOTE]

if it makes you feel better replace the bolts and such with a more durable one...the majority of the time thats what would fail..it has all the friction on it:2cents

750 stunna 04-29-2006 03:54 PM

[QUOTE=Danger_Dave]try seatstanders[/QUOTE]
+1:cheers

RobbyBoy32 04-29-2006 05:12 PM

I weigh 225 and 6'2" and I had that same feeling I guess way back when I was first trying standups. I never ever did stand ups both feet on the front, they have always been staggered from day one, but I've ridden 636s, 954, 929, Gix 1K, Gix 750, 600rr, and an 00 R6 doing stand ups. they all just take a little getting used to. +1 that ur gonna find doing them staggered actually offers you more control after you get used to it.

T'RIC'KY 04-29-2006 06:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Canīt give you tips but here is a nice pic of Rus from Spain...staggered no hander

ctstunter 04-29-2006 09:12 PM

doing stand ups stagard is the best way. if you feel like your foot is going to slip off remove your tail section untill your used to doing them. i own a 04 r6 and the rear tail sec juts out over the pass peg i took it off and found i had plenty of room and more leverage to contol the bike for smoother stand ups.

Kelm 04-29-2006 09:21 PM

[QUOTE=ctstunter]doing stand ups stagard is the best way. if you feel like your foot is going to slip off remove your tail section untill your used to doing them. i own a 04 r6 and the rear tail sec juts out over the pass peg i took it off and found i had plenty of room and more leverage to contol the bike for smoother stand ups.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, With the tail section on the 05 R6 I have to put my left foot on the peg with the sole of my shoe facing inwards towards the bike at a slant just to fit and feel comfortable.

kj 04-29-2006 10:24 PM

[QUOTE=T'RIC'KY]Canīt give you tips but here is a nice pic of Rus from Spain...staggered no hander[/QUOTE]

That pic is foot in seat...

ExoticRyder 04-29-2006 11:31 PM

try to get a bigger peg welded on...

Wheeliest 04-30-2006 12:08 AM

space the pass peg bracket out with washers.

T'RIC'KY 04-30-2006 10:31 AM

[QUOTE=kj954]That pic is foot in seat...[/QUOTE]
Ohh my bad, I always thought staggered is foot on seat but itīs foot on pass peg I guess!

....anyways I love the pic....:LOL

tim 67 04-30-2006 12:48 PM

[QUOTE]That pic is foot in seat...[/QUOTE]

still a sick pic tho...

JOE VANCE 04-30-2006 07:36 PM

its not going to break but you can make a kick rod to support it if you want and I just cut a hole out the side of the tail section were your leg is after a wile it was rubbing my calf raw so take it out and you can stand up straighter

#1framer 04-30-2006 08:07 PM

thanks for the advice to all. went out the other day and got into doing some basic 1st gear stand-ups clutching them up and with my foot on the back peg the bike comes up so much quicker and easy and riding them out for as long as i want my kawi to be racing at 8 grand. im still learing break control though i can keep the bike up high and control it for a while but then i usually hit the brake too much and front comes right down. practice makes perfect though:YEAH

FREESTYLEKYLE 04-30-2006 08:55 PM

All my standups now are pretty much staggered! I ride the same bike, no problems here?