Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Guns and Weapons (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/436-guns-weapons)
-   -   shotgun? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/436-guns-weapons/210207-shotgun.html)

Danger_Dave 01-02-2008 12:36 AM

shotgun?

If you are a convicted felon and are prohibited from owning firearms what about hunting firearms? Is it really as easy as everyone says it is to buy a 12 gauge at kmart? Or do they somehow look up your information or put your name on a list that they have to submit to the police because of people like me? I am not a bad person, never have been, just got in too much trouble with killing the streets and all i want is some home defense. I dont see how that is in any way linked to crime rate and having a criminal record. Gun control makes no sense to me.

12Pack 01-02-2008 01:02 AM

Re: shotgun?

I belive anyone can buy a shotgun seeing as they sell them at some walmarts/sporting stores but you have to wait a few days, i asume they do a background check. I could be wrong with the background check thou.

*Tanus* 01-02-2008 01:14 AM

a gun shop or pawn shop you have to get a background check, but not at gun shows. But different states have different laws, I know cali is real strict on there gun laws

DerekMey 01-02-2008 03:03 AM

Ya, just go to a gun show. You don't have to register hunting weapons....but i think they may ask for your liscense and check it out.

johnnyharris 01-02-2008 03:07 PM

kmart and wal-mart will definatley do a NICS background check and/or make you fill out some sort of questionare(sp) which will ask you questions about your criminal history.......

I know in MI a felon can't purchase/own a firearm or a hunting license.....you should ask a local cop or a gun dealer what the rules are in WA.

JEFF4EZ 01-03-2008 10:33 PM

I know when I bought my shotgun at outdoor world, it took like 3 hours because they did somekind of background check while i waited. I think the convicted felon/no firearms thing is pretty similar nation wide.

silverstunterR6 01-03-2008 10:46 PM

In FL felons can't have handguns
but you are allowed to have a shotgun and you can have a hunting license, as long as your sentence has been served ie: all fines paid and your no longer on probation.
You have to pay an additional registration fee I belive.

For home security this ought to do the trick.

[IMG]http://www.valtrousa.com/shotgunphotos/pm5/hugepm5nomuzbreak.jpg[/IMG]

wickedrr 01-16-2008 12:14 AM

[QUOTE=johnnyharris;3088934]kmart and wal-mart will definatley do a NICS background check and/or make you fill out some sort of questionare(sp) which will ask you questions about your criminal history.......

I know in MI a felon can't purchase/own a firearm or a hunting license.....you should ask a local cop or a gun dealer what the rules are in WA.[/QUOTE]

In michigan you can purchase a shotgun or rifle and register the gun providing it is used. Felony or mental illness aside. F'd up aint it..:nono

PBR4life420 02-21-2008 06:53 PM

Where do yall live that they don't do backround checks at gun shows??? Every gun you buy in the state of virginia they send a backround check to the state police no matter where you buy it gun show or just a local gun shop. I also know if your a felon here trying to buy a gun you won't get it and the Police are going to come directly to the shop your at and arrest you!!!

WHEELIE 02-21-2008 07:03 PM

Just head down to your flocal Hood and Find Some Guy with
what ya want and Give him some Rocks or $$$ and Call it a day.. :LOL

NVRENUF 05-04-2008 04:47 PM

Felons CANNOT own ANY firearms per FEDERAL LAW, get caught buing one or having someone doing a straw for you and its 10years in the poundemintheasspen and $250,000

I dont know why you think there is any difference between a hunting gun and tactical weapon, they are all regulated the same way unless they are Class III weapons

Take my advice, think it over, yopu could ruin your life or someone else's

NVRENUF 05-04-2008 04:52 PM

[QUOTE=NVRENUF;3274433]Felons CANNOT own ANY firearms per FEDERAL LAW, get caught buing one or having someone doing a straw for you and its 10years in the poundemintheasspen and $250,000

I dont know why you think there is any difference between a hunting gun and tactical weapon, they are all regulated the same way unless they are Class III weapons, (MG's SBR's, SBS's, AOW's, Silincers, DD's, these go one step further)

Take some sound advice, think it over, you could ruin your life or someone else's[/QUOTE]

The ATF has guys who just wait to nail people doing this and THEY DO all day

:banghead

dizzie56 06-05-2008 07:58 PM

i know in fl you can try and get your rights back. bein a nonviolent crime, pretty sure it wouldnt be to hard

marcio elisio 08-01-2008 05:38 PM

In the state of Florida having a fire arm being a convicted felon or just even a bullet on your car or house u will 3 years minimum automatic, just get a grenade,lol. bow and arrow,sling shot or learn how 2 fight,lol.

dizzie56 08-01-2008 06:57 PM

[quote=gringo!!!;3427518]In the state of Florida having a fire arm being a convicted felon or just even a bullet on your car or house u will 3 years minimum automatic, just get a grenade,lol. bow and arrow,sling shot or learn how 2 fight,lol.[/quote]

yeah, but you can sue to get some of your rights back...like voting and owning a gun. pretty sure if its a violent crime, ur facked...non violant would have a way better chance.

Danger_Dave 08-13-2008 10:47 AM

i would saw the barrel and stock off that thing ^

JohnnyBmore 08-13-2008 11:40 AM

[QUOTE=Danger_Dave;3449278]i would saw the barrel and stock off that thing ^[/QUOTE]

That my friend would be illegal as well ....lol
unless you had it done professionally by a gunsmith

cassman 09-15-2008 05:23 PM

i know in Indiana a felon can't own, have be around any firearms, unless you want to roll a black powder pistol or rifle, no need for any background checks or permits, you can carry it on your hip with no problems....

50slut 10-08-2008 02:15 AM

[QUOTE=gringo!!!;3427518], just get a grenade,lol. bow and arrow,sling shot or learn how 2 fight,lol.[/QUOTE]

+1000 :cheers

[QUOTE=JohnnyBmore;3449353]That my friend would be illegal as well ....lol
unless you had it done professionally by a gunsmith[/QUOTE]

+1 but i dont think a gunsmith will even do that :nono

50slut 10-08-2008 02:17 AM

[QUOTE=sam2008;3552383]The shot pellets from a shotgun spread upon leaving the barrel, and the power of the burning charge is divided among the pellets, which means that the energy of any one ball of shot is fairly low. In a hunting context, this makes shotguns useful primarily for hunting birds and other small game.[/QUOTE]

a shotgun will do more damage at close range than any other weapon.