Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Guns and Weapons (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/436-guns-weapons)
-   -   Got a sks (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/436-guns-weapons/208008-got-sks.html)

Wowtah 12-02-2007 06:50 PM

Got a sks

So i just got an sks and i had a few questions bout it. What is the rod for that comes out from underneath the barrel? is there a way to modify the gun to accept detachable magazines or a way to increase ammo capacity? what website is best for sks accessories and what not? can you adjust the gas preassure cause the fucin thing ejects shells like 8 feet in the air and i think that is un needed wear on the action.

NFP 12-03-2007 11:12 AM

Re: Got a sks

The rod would be the "cleaning rod" used to...clean the barrel.

You can buy "duckbill" magazines that are a copy of the AK magazines but have material added to them so that they can attach where the original magazine well is. I don't reccomend them because i find it much easier to just use "Stripper Clips" with the original setup like it was intended. Not for keeping it original or anything, the strips are cheap and there are bandoliers out there that can hold tons of the loaded stipper clips.

As for changing the gas pressure...I don't think so. Just shoot it like you were in war...that's what it was intended for, simple and efficient.

If you really wanted a high capacity SKS, you should find a SKS-D. They are manufactured to take the AK magazines.

JMZ 12-03-2007 04:24 PM

You can do a lil dremel action up inside where the magazine attaches to accept 30 rd clips....I did that to mine and took it in to a gunsmith to have them look at it about something and he bout had a fit, told me he couldnt work on it, he wouldnt even toucj it..lol..... apparently an sks that has a "fixed" clip is highly illeagle to modify to accept a detach mag. being they they were used, and are classified as a "sniper rifle"..so I was told

CINCINNATIJEFF 12-03-2007 04:29 PM

the rod your talking about below the barrel should have a slit in the end if my memory is right, put a piece of cloth in it with some rem oil, it is for cleaning the barrel...

bansheeman410 12-07-2007 10:11 AM

Just take the gun apart and pull the stock sks crap for the clip out put your gun back together and go buy a 30rd detachable clip and your good . no need to take it to a gunsmith or gun shop. and check out SKSMAN.COM, SKSPARTS.COM

letsride 12-07-2007 11:08 AM

What brand is it?

Wowtah 12-07-2007 08:17 PM

[quote=StuntPunkJames;3047025]You can do a lil dremel action up inside where the magazine attaches to accept 30 rd clips....I did that to mine and took it in to a gunsmith to have them look at it about something and he bout had a fit, told me he couldnt work on it, he wouldnt even toucj it..lol..... apparently an sks that has a "fixed" clip is highly illeagle to modify to accept a detach mag. being they they were used, and are classified as a "sniper rifle"..so I was told[/quote]

well i've done some resarch and u can get a 30 round "detachable mag" that complies with section 922r so i think it is legal.

Wowtah 12-07-2007 08:23 PM

[quote=letsride;3053790]What brand is it?[/quote]

made by norinco out of china. it is a 74 model and was inported by ksi form california. I think it's just a plain old sks 56. But the cereal number is only 7 numbers long so it might be unique? I've learned alot bout it in the past week and all my questions are answered but thanks for the help guys! try this site for all assult rifle stuff! [url]www.gunaccessories.com[/url]

GSWITCH33 12-22-2007 10:51 PM

[QUOTE=StuntPunkJames;3047025]You can do a lil dremel action up inside where the magazine attaches to accept 30 rd clips....[/QUOTE]

+1 I got 2 40 round magazines attached to mine.

letsride 12-23-2007 12:20 AM

[quote=Wowtah;3054527]made by norinco out of china. it is a 74 model and was inported by ksi form california. I think it's just a plain old sks 56. But the cereal number is only 7 numbers long so it might be unique? I've learned alot bout it in the past week and all my questions are answered but thanks for the help guys! try this site for all assult rifle stuff! [URL="http://www.gunaccessories.com"]www.gunaccessories.com[/URL][/quote]

Thats what mine was, those are some of the best SKS's made :YEAH

How much did you get it for?

Wowtah 02-07-2008 08:58 AM

[quote=letsride;3076704]Thats what mine was, those are some of the best SKS's made :YEAH

How much did you get it for?[/quote]

Phukin free man!!!!!!!:YEAH:YEAH:YEAH:YEAH:YEAH
My uncle gave it to me in trade for a bunch of angle iron i got from a tower decomission!!!!!!!!!

GSWITCH33 02-12-2008 10:03 PM

[url]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg209/fthood/Picture048.jpg[/url]

GSWITCH33 02-12-2008 10:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH]302450[/ATTACH]