Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Guns and Weapons (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/436-guns-weapons)
-   -   Beretta px4 storm SC or Springfield xd SC?? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/436-guns-weapons/199442-beretta-px4-storm-sc.html)

apfire26 08-26-2007 06:56 PM

Beretta px4 storm SC or Springfield xd SC??

Anyone got an opinion on either one of these? Does anyone own either one?
I've been doing some research on them both and determined that my next gun will be one of these 2.
I'm definately going with the .40 cal and sub compact. Right now I'm leaning towards the Px4, from what I've read it seems to be the better of the 2. But I still haven't made up my mind and it'll be a few months before i have the cash so I got a little time to make my decision.
What do yall think??

letsride 08-26-2007 09:41 PM

Re: Beretta px4 storm SC or Springfield xd SC??

[IMG]http://www.berettausa.com/product/spotlight/images/images%20spotlight%202007/Px4Storm%20Subcompact/Px4Storm45.jpg[/IMG]

SICK!

apfire26 08-26-2007 09:49 PM

^^

Yeah....thats the tactical I think. I want the sub compact which I think looks even better. :2cents

apfire26 08-26-2007 10:03 PM

[IMG]http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i15/bigranger/GAberettapx4_070207inset.jpg[/IMG]

This is the sub compact.

Lazarus 08-29-2007 02:16 PM

I'm a member of xdtalk.com and I have a XD9 Service which I love. Everyone that owns a XDSC loves theirs. I read an article on the beretta and remember the author liked it but other than that I don't know anything about it. I too am in the market for a subcompact piece and I've decided on the Glock G26. I just like the look of it over the others plus the XDSC still seems a little big.

I'm curious though as to why you want a .40 cal though? There's more than enough stopping power available in personal defense 9mm rounds and the ammo is a lot cheaper for practice. Personally I stock ammo so it just makes more sense to me to get another 9mm.

apfire26 08-29-2007 10:09 PM

Yeah...the px4 SC seems a little big too but I'll deal with it. I've got my heart set on at least a 40 cal. I can't help it.......I've made up my mind. haha

Lazarus 08-29-2007 11:13 PM

[QUOTE=apfire26;2918470]Yeah...the px4 SC seems a little big too but I'll deal with it. I've got my heart set on at least a 40 cal. I can't help it.......I've made up my mind. haha[/QUOTE]

I understand but have you ever shot a .40? Have you shot a .40 out of a polymer framed gun with only a 3.5" barrel? Its not something I'd want to do a couple hundred times (which is about how many rounds you should shoot before you start carrying a particular gun).

Look at some comparative data and you'll see there isnt much difference in performance:

[url]http://www.firearmstactical.com/briefs.htm[/url]

Not trying to sway you're decision, just making sure you're making an informed one.

apfire26 08-30-2007 07:54 AM

[QUOTE=Lazarus;2918543]I understand but have you ever shot a .40? Have you shot a .40 out of a polymer framed gun with only a 3.5" barrel? Its not something I'd want to do a couple hundred times (which is about how many rounds you should shoot before you start carrying a particular gun).

Look at some comparative data and you'll see there isnt much difference in performance:

[url]http://www.firearmstactical.com/briefs.htm[/url]

Not trying to sway you're decision, just making sure you're making an informed one.[/QUOTE]

I'll look into it. I own a colt 45 but its huge compared to the px4 and the xd subcompact models. I haven't shot a .40, but I have shot a 9mm and a 38.
Thanks for the info, I'll look into it.

Lazarus 08-30-2007 01:13 PM

[QUOTE=apfire26;2918866]I'll look into it. I own a colt 45 but its huge compared to the px4 and the xd subcompact models. I haven't shot a .40, but I have shot a 9mm and a 38.
Thanks for the info, I'll look into it.[/QUOTE]

Well you'll definitly want to shoot atleast one of your choices. .40 cal recoil is a little harsher than 9mm and has more muzzle flip vs the .45 which it more of a push the 40 is snappier. You ever think of going with a compact 1911 or even a Sig 238? They both would conceal better than the Beretta and the XD in my opinion.

johnnyharris 08-31-2007 08:33 AM

If you're looking for a compact to save your life in an emergency (that's why you're buying a concealable pistol, right?), you should really be looking at a 45 even if you have to give up a few rounds of capacity. You want the best odds of ending a dangerous situation with "one shot-one kill". 40 S&W is a good round but it would require better shot placement (kinda tough with a compact) to equal the stopping power of a 45. A 9mm isn't known as the best choice for self-defense read up on the pope shooting in 1981 or the
1986 FBI shootout in Miami.

Lazarus 08-31-2007 09:58 AM

[QUOTE=johnnyharris;2920408]If you're looking for a compact to save your life in an emergency (that's why you're buying a concealable pistol, right?), you should really be looking at a 45 even if you have to give up a few rounds of capacity. You want the best odds of ending a dangerous situation with "one shot-one kill". 40 S&W is a good round but it would require better shot placement (kinda tough with a compact) to equal the stopping power of a 45. A 9mm isn't known as the best choice for self-defense read up on the pope shooting in 1981 or the
1986 FBI shootout in Miami.[/QUOTE]

I agree that the .45 is a better defensive round and I would pick it over the .40 but I'd rather have a 9mm with 10 or 12 rounds than to have a .45 with only 7. One shot kills are like hole in one's and I wouldn't be aiming for the head in a defense situation. LEOs have way more training than any of us will and they are taught to do double taps. What if you have more than 1 perp? Those 7 rounds are going to go by real quick. Most of us don't think we would be in a shootout but you never know and its better to be prepared.

This of course is just my personal opinion that I've gotten doing research.

apfire26 08-31-2007 04:36 PM

[QUOTE=johnnyharris;2920408]If you're looking for a compact to save your life in an emergency (that's why you're buying a concealable pistol, right?), you should really be looking at a 45 even if you have to give up a few rounds of capacity. You want the best odds of ending a dangerous situation with "one shot-one kill". 40 S&W is a good round but it would require better shot placement (kinda tough with a compact) to equal the stopping power of a 45. A 9mm isn't known as the best choice for self-defense read up on the pope shooting in 1981 or the
1986 FBI shootout in Miami.[/QUOTE]

Yeah....thats why I didn't want to go any less thatn the 40 cal. I'm still sort of back and forth. The px4 SC comes with a 10 +1 clip in the 40 cal. Which isn't bad at all, so I figure a few more rounds with a little less punch. More powerfull than a 9, and more rounds than a 45. I'm kinda trying to find a happy medium. Know what I mean? :shruggs

Lazarus 08-31-2007 05:13 PM

[QUOTE=apfire26;2921070]Yeah....thats why I didn't want to go any less thatn the 40 cal. I'm still sort of back and forth. The px4 SC comes with a 10 +1 clip in the 40 cal. Which isn't bad at all, so I figure a few more rounds with a little less punch. More powerfull than a 9, and more rounds than a 45. I'm kinda trying to find a happy medium. Know what I mean? :shruggs[/QUOTE]

A medium would be a .357 sig. I'm not going to start a caliber war. :cheers

HiZ 09-12-2007 11:18 PM

Do not get the Beretta! You will love the XD.
Owned them both. shot a box thru the Beretta and traded it.
Still have and love the XD
The Beretta would be a good back up/concealed piece, if you are into that. However they are inaccurate as hell past 20 paces.
XD all the way. Accurate, reliable, and a Springfield

Just my input

rreagan3 04-17-2008 07:29 AM

[quote=HiZ;2939252]Do not get the Beretta! You will love the XD.
Owned them both. shot a box thru the Beretta and traded it.
Still have and love the XD
The Beretta would be a good back up/concealed piece, if you are into that. However they are inaccurate as hell past 20 paces.
XD all the way. Accurate, reliable, and a Springfield

Just my input[/quote]

how did you own the beretta sc? I've been looking for it and can't find it anywhere, did you own the service model or the sub compact?

jdridin 04-21-2008 06:24 PM

With the guys saying the .40 cal is snappier, well I have a Glock 27 and it is awesome. I love the gun and it does not have much recoil at all. It is all about which gun it is, since each has there own buffer spring action which take a lot of the recoil out.

As for the actual starter of the thread. Both the Beretta and Springfield are awsome guns, but it's whatever feels better in the palm of your hand. Go to a dealer and feel and inspect each one and then go from there. Good choice on the .40 though.

Now after you buy that, get a 1911. They are freaking awesome. LOL

Peace Justin

PBR4life420 04-22-2008 11:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'd have to go with the sub compact XD bad ass little gun but just my opinion....And yes 1911. are bad ass!!! This is the 1911. I've been dreaming about

nickalltogether 04-22-2008 11:39 AM

I just have an AR... not easy to conceal but I can put plenty of lead downrange if need be haha.

NVRENUF 05-04-2008 04:42 PM

My .02
Go to a local range, one that has rentals preferrably and try them both.
Both are excellent guns.
I have Px$in 9 FS, and .40 SC,
I HAD an XD .40, I hated it and sold it.
Personal preference, just didn't care for its feel, shooting, or pointing, I had problems with a incorrect picatanny rail on also, it would drop Surefire X200's right off on the range.

You need to spend some time on what your going to get, especially if it is a CCW, find the one that FITS you first, then practice, practice, practice

BTW, my opinion is for the Px4 SC

apfire26 05-04-2008 05:07 PM

Still haven't got one yet. My buddy just ordered a glock 27. Thursday we are going to the range to test it out. I may end up going with that if I like it, and if my tax money gets here soon.

As for the guys telling me to get a 1911. My dad bought me a Colt Gold Cup National Match a couple years ago for my 21st brithday. So no need for another one.