Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Guns and Weapons (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/436-guns-weapons)
-   -   so my sister wants a handgun. (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/436-guns-weapons/181117-so-my-sister-wants.html)

78KingCobra 02-09-2007 03:10 PM

so my sister wants a handgun.

as the title says, she wants a handgun. she has about 300 dollars to spend on one. she wants a pistol, so she can easily reload it, and fire at least 5 shots in a row. she wants pretty much a gun that will show a robber that she means business. i was thinking a 9mm.

what are some decent guns that will fit her criteria?

NINER 02-09-2007 03:13 PM

Re: so my sister wants a handgun.

[quote=78KingCobra;2610102]as the title says, she wants a handgun. she has about 300 dollars to spend on one. she wants a pistol, so she can easily reload it, and fire at least 5 shots in a row. she wants pretty much a gun that will show a robber that she means business. i was thinking a 9mm.

what are some decent guns that will fit her criteria?[/quote]
Take her to the gun shop and see what fits her hand.:2cents

50Outlaw 02-09-2007 03:15 PM

buy her a cap gun

liduc748 02-09-2007 03:46 PM

bersa 380 acp, small frame with 7 in the clip, also has a external safety so you can keep one in the pipe safely. the barrel is part of the frame so it is a realy accerate gun for a short barrel leangth. paid about 260 for the nickel virsion.:2cents :shootem

N/A 02-09-2007 04:02 PM

Take her to the range and have her fire a whole variety of handguns. See which one she likes and feels best to her.

HONDA4EXRIDER 02-09-2007 04:12 PM

I Would Never Give My Sister A Gun Cuz I Would Be Her First Target

But I Guess In Your Case Get Her A M16 Or A Rocket Launcher:yeah

letsride 02-09-2007 04:40 PM

I have a 9mm That I'm trying to sell for $250 PM me if your interested.

DBOUNCE1 02-09-2007 04:47 PM

take her to dealer let her look around

stock05 02-09-2007 06:31 PM

is she trying to carry it on her??? or home protection??? when it comes to home protection, nothing beats a shotgun in my opinion. based on the fact that 1. most intruders enter at night when its dark so you really cant see, which is where the spray from the shotgun comes in handy, 2. depending on what type of ammo you use the wall penetration is minimal and 3. i have never heard of a shotgun jamming.

-the mexican

Italian Magic 02-09-2007 06:31 PM

[quote=Mr. Farley;2610210]Take her to the range and have her fire a whole variety of handguns. See which one she likes and feels best to her.[/quote]

Good point. She'll get to feel on her skin what a roaring hangun means.
She may get scared at first, if she never shot before,
and after that she may even wonder about shifting to a tazer..

78KingCobra 02-10-2007 11:43 AM

[QUOTE=stock05;2610469]is she trying to carry it on her??? or home protection??? when it comes to home protection, nothing beats a shotgun in my opinion. based on the fact that 1. most intruders enter at night when its dark so you really cant see, which is where the spray from the shotgun comes in handy, 2. depending on what type of ammo you use the wall penetration is minimal and 3. i have never heard of a shotgun jamming.

-the mexican[/QUOTE]

home protection.

she said she wants to just pull the trigger and fire without having to do anything else. i suggested a shotgun as well.

are there any online gun stores that have a variety of different weapons to look at?

GSWITCH33 02-10-2007 09:09 PM

Smith and Wesson makes a nice lady's hand gun. They are expensive but you can find used ones for cheap.

[IMG]http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/images/firearms/108290_large.jpg[/IMG]

stock05 02-11-2007 06:09 AM

[quote=78KingCobra;2611138]home protection.

she said she wants to just pull the trigger and fire without having to do anything else. i suggested a shotgun as well.

are there any online gun stores that have a variety of different weapons to look at?[/quote]

semi-auto shotgun :shruggs

-the mexican

Italian Magic 02-11-2007 10:12 AM

[quote=GSWITCH33;2611857]Smith and Wesson makes a nice lady's hand gun. They are expensive but you can find used ones for cheap.

[IMG]http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore/SmWesson/upload/images/firearms/108290_large.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

The LadySmith in 9mm Auto is sexy as hell.. but it's quite expensive.
Think you can get an used one? what'd be the average price?

KROHNSTUNTS 02-11-2007 10:18 AM

try [url]http://www.hi-pointfirearms.com/handgun_details.asp?Gun=9mm[/url] i have owned one of these and they are really nice but cheap.. basically, it will get the job done.

letsride 02-11-2007 12:01 PM

Highpoints suck. Dont drop it cause the PLASTIC might break.

Italian Magic 02-11-2007 03:15 PM

The question is:
is she accustomed already with firearms?
and,

a shooting scenario is one of most terryfing situations.
You may have to shoot someone, you could do something you'd later regret,
let's not mention the burglar stealing that same weapon off your hand during a fight.
When is spoke about a tazer, i wasn't joking.
how trained is she, and how aware is she?

Cathi 02-11-2007 03:49 PM

I have had a shot gun years back, but only 2 years familiar with a hand gun... I like the XD... its a couple more hundred bux, but if she is pretty level headed, has a steady hand she might like it ... i dont like the little girly ones, sure they can fit easily anywhere, but if you dont have a steady hand, you can flip that sucker cause its light weight... i have learned though, you can just point and shoot and pretty much hit your target .. as to with the xd i have to aim for sure...
depends on her nature, purpose and mental stability
usually girls who buy a gun
for protection are not ready to use a gun .. :2cents

she should take maybe a few self defense classes or even go for her CHL depending on what State she is in... even if she then decides not to get one, its still great knowledge to have from these classes ..
:cheers

villa76 02-11-2007 03:54 PM

Menstrual cycles and guns don't mix very well....

Cathi 02-11-2007 03:57 PM

:LOL bwahahahaha .. good point