Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Quad / ATV Riders (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/41-quad-atv-riders)
-   -   trying to slow it down..... (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/41-quad-atv-riders/185595-trying-slow-down.html)

David D 03-29-2007 12:36 AM

trying to slow it down.....

first off thanks for all the tips on what ever :bs qustions i ask here....now i would like to know, when doing no break stuff how do i keep my quad up in a wheelie while doing hc's, speraders, sp k's,and outher stuff at a slow speed....:banghead i dont have much space in the lot im using and i also like to do slow bp stuff....i thought i had throttle control down but now im starting to wonder.....is there any way to do that stuff slow (like 3 to 5 mph) without use of a handbreak???:shruggs i can do the tricks, but to keep the wheels up i have to go faster and faster, they start to feel like power wheelies after about 15 secounds.....

Undead stunts 03-29-2007 03:05 PM

Re: trying to slow it down.....

yea good ass balance learn that balance point and it can be done.. not saying its gonna be easy tho

ndiaczenko 03-29-2007 09:40 PM

Sounds to me like your not picking the front end up enough. Try to almost scrap your bar and then you can sit and go and stop and go and stop :2cents there with the front end up all day long. Just keep gettin dirty and you'll get it! But sounds to me like your not getting it up high enough :shruggs :nono :nono Use your clutch more to feather it out and you'll be able to slow role with the best of em' . Biggest thing is to stick with it:cheers

David D 03-29-2007 10:22 PM

it sounds like more of a bp issue than throttle control... thanks for the feed back....

Catman 03-31-2007 01:48 PM

[QUOTE=David D;2692160]it sounds like more of a bp issue than throttle control... thanks for the feed back....[/QUOTE]

BOTH :cheers

Don't use the throttle to keep it up, but bring it up quick to keep your speed down. Stop it at bp wit the brake. then verry little to no throttle input, BALANCE IT moving forwward. If your doing nohanders this shouldn't even be a issue for ya ???
Turn yer idle up a little

David D 03-31-2007 02:55 PM

dude....im doing no handers but they are not perfect....i can do all this stuff going pretty fast but now im learning slower shit, idle tip helps..... but my shit is a work in progress....it seems the quad is so heavy with me sitting on it it takes so much effort to stay at the bp.....also this is no break stuff my feet are off the breaks and i dont have a hand break for the rear.....

Righteous 1 03-31-2007 03:02 PM

Fit that thing up w/ a HB! Why not?

David D 03-31-2007 03:39 PM

im thinking about it more and more......does the foot break still work also if you add a rear hand break?????

Catman 03-31-2007 04:07 PM

[QUOTE=Catman;2694198]BOTH :cheers

Don't use the throttle to keep it up, but bring it up quick to keep your speed down. then verry little to no throttle input, BALANCE IT moving forward.
Turn yer idle up a little[/QUOTE]

^^^:shruggs ^^^

Righteous 1 03-31-2007 04:19 PM

[quote=David D;2694278]im thinking about it more and more......does the foot break still work also if you add a rear hand break?????[/quote]

Yes, there's an adapter that allows both to work.

TNDragonrnr 04-01-2007 09:28 AM

[quote=ndiaczenko;2692122] sounds to me like your not getting it up high enough [/quote]

+1 No doubt you aren't high enough. More weight on front = higher BP so the further out you put your weight the higher you will have to be. Riding really slow in a highchair your grab bar should only be a few inches from the ground.

David D 04-01-2007 06:42 PM

[quote=TNDragonrnr;2694819]+1 No doubt you aren't high enough. More weight on front = higher BP so the further out you put your weight the higher you will have to be. Riding really slow in a highchair your grab bar should only be a few inches from the ground.[/quote]thanks thats the advice i wanted to hear something concrete that i can use....... my grab bar is grinded down so much it is almost a nub, so that should be fun... i think my quad con tip back to almost 1 o clock......:YEAH

Undead stunts 04-01-2007 09:17 PM

mine can go alltheway over if you try to do a bar trick but its an inch off the ground like i did before it comes back and like rolls right over the bar and on ur face!! not to fun:banghead

JRod_stunt101 04-17-2007 09:19 PM

Just clutch it high from the get go that way your rpms stay low, and play with the throttle and feather the clutch, atleast thats what I do.

12 !T 04-20-2007 10:50 AM

[QUOTE=JRod_stunt101;2721935]Just clutch it high from the get go that way your rpms stay low, and play with the throttle and feather the clutch, atleast thats what I do.[/QUOTE]

Ya I do the same, the best part about four wheelers is the 4 wheels, so you can sit there and not have to balance it with your legs over the bars, I sit there until I'm ready to clutch it up then I get to Bp right away and work the clutch and gas. And if you sit back a little farther it is easier to get it up.

Good luck.

rookie stunter 04-29-2007 01:22 AM

i have the exact same problem with my kfx 400. in a spec. k or spreader it is easy because i can easily get to the brake. but with the high chair is where i have to work. i cant do this myself but my limber friends can pull their legs through to the brake and back through. and if you are worried about 12ing it make a sturdier bar. thanks to my stupidity, i had to replace my grab bar a week or two after i got it. i bought 12 dollars worth of metal from lowes and made my own it works awesomely. i weigh nearly 300 lbs. and 12 high chairs all the time all i have to is wait for it to come to a stop and let go, it never even tries to fall.

ExtremeAcres 05-01-2007 01:12 PM

for those of you talking about throttle control.... here's my opinion (just from what I've seen from guys around here and a few guys who post up regularily and their progress that I've seen ) and here's my opinion....

most people dont really practice the basics enough...the core skills.... It seems to me that as soon as someone gets decent at power wheelies.(or gets a little feel for BP)(or learns RB saves....they start throwin tricks or combos...and that's cool and all...but when they look for progression...they are looking for more tricks to do and learn ..... when really.... Tons of more GOOD stuff could be opened up ...if they just spent serious practice time doing the basic core Skills....Riding BP wheelies with No brakes ( forever ) Sitting OR standing(this puts your throttle control over the TOP !.....(or riding Idle with NO throttle (forever) This Puts your RB control over the TOP ! hehe

(I think the problem is ....practicing [B]that[/B] can get boring....especially after you've already been doing tricks and throwin combos or whatever ) BUT ...that's what I think it takes to dial in another level of tricks....just my :2cents

TNDragonrnr 05-02-2007 09:45 PM

That is all true ea - I can ride highchairs at 2 - 5 mph now but I have a RHB just in case - I don't have a grab bar either... doing highchair subframe scrapes... :YEAH

David D 05-03-2007 04:53 AM

E.A. you are the man....you just sent me back to the basics tonite:whoopass: you are right...ive been getting upset riding because i feel sloppy or skechey :banghead doing shit on the quad....but it all boils down to what you were talking about.....i learned hc's but i cant do a bicycle :shruggs it just gets soooo boring doing the same sitdown wheelie, from one end of the block to the outher, and i ride alone all the time so it is double boring.....but thanks for the input, i respect you opinion..

letsride 05-03-2007 05:43 AM

^^ And thats why quads blow. To easy and they get boring real quick. Get a motard or SB.