Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Quad / ATV Riders (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/41-quad-atv-riders)
-   -   street quad (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/41-quad-atv-riders/1776-street-quad.html)

Merk 10-21-2002 03:54 PM

street quad

does anyone know if you can register a quad for the street...i saw in the ruff ryders video they got blinkers and plates and shit...anyone know if you can do that in illinois, if it matters what kind of bike it is....lookin for info

thanks
Jim

Jay Carnes 10-21-2002 06:32 PM

THATS CAUSE RUFF RYDERS JUST DONT GIVE A FUCK!

i'd love to rip my down the street legally. untill then, keep on the street anyway.

Merk 10-21-2002 06:35 PM

you mean they just put that shit on there, i thought they were actually registered and shit....:laughing hahaha thats funny as hell!!

Jim

PhearCVBz 10-21-2002 08:45 PM

Actually...

Actually some states allow you to register an ATV for street use. Wyoming does for sure....the only reason I know that is because I met a guy on the net from Wyoming and his Banshee is street legal. I know he had to put DOT tires, a horn and mirrors for sure. I cannot remember what else he had to do. I can hook you up with his email if ya want.

I would love to have mine registered for street use....that would be so sweet. I haven't checked the laws here in VT though. Of course the way this state works is so stupid I'd imagine you can't.

Later.

-Josh

Jay Carnes 10-21-2002 09:02 PM

im moving to WY, thats it.

how bad ass would that be? does that mean you can cross the road, or straight up ride w/ traffic? I'd be ruff rydin' it FO SHO!

damn mass sucks.

Merk 10-21-2002 10:23 PM

JLanphear....

yea if you could give me his email thatd be great...i just dont know who to talk to or where to look to find out if its legal or not and if it is what i have to do

thanks
Jim

PhearCVBz 10-21-2002 10:59 PM

1000cc....Yeah, you can ride right up the road just like you were on a motorcycle or driving a car. Of course he has to obey all of the traffic laws the same as well. That would deffinatly be sweet though....make stuntin on the road much, much easier.

Merk350,

Duh, I don't know what I was thinking. He has a webpage online (with pics of his Banshee too). His email address will be on there. The link to the site is [url]www.wyoduner.com[/url] . He's a really nice guy so I'm sure he'd love to help ya out. He'll probably direct you to your DMV for state specific laws, but he can fill you in on what he had to do and stuff.

Take care.

-Josh

Merk 10-21-2002 11:15 PM

thanks bro...ill check it out

Jim

Teamsquiddly 10-22-2002 09:26 AM

Dirt Wheels on the cover was a Predator, IN it was a article on a street legal 4 and a 3 wheeler. I cant imagine in mass it being legal howere I seen peep register their tractors and shit. It would be cool but they would probably say that the four wheelers are to unstable at high speed.
:moon

JTL 10-22-2002 09:23 PM

I know in NY you can get plates because you have to regester a quad. All you need is a mirror, horn, head, and tail lights and i guess you could get away with it. I mean they let those horrible VW/Harley trike POS's roll around leagally

Merk 10-22-2002 10:16 PM

i cant find anywhere on the net the limit to what can be on the road in illinois..if anyone know where i would go or who to talk to id appreciate it
thanks
Jim

-Drew- 10-22-2002 10:56 PM

Here's a direct link to that guys Banshee pics.

[url]http://www.dunereview.com/bansheepics.htm[/url]

It looks like he didn't have to do much to get that thing street legal. JTL brought up a good point as well... they let those Harley/Honda trikes on the road... why not quads??? Sounds like someone needs to address it to the states legislation office!

redrizza 10-24-2002 08:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This Raptor's off da hook

Jay Carnes 10-24-2002 11:57 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by redrizza [/i]
[B]This Raptor's off da hook [/B][/QUOTE]

I'll second that!

damn thats phat!

Merk 10-24-2002 12:15 PM

where do you get those tires that are on that raptor...i NEED those..hehe

Jim

Jay Carnes 10-24-2002 07:42 PM

any more pics of that bad mo fo?

redrizza 10-24-2002 09:27 PM

I don't have anymore pics of it. I'm not even into raptors really, but when I found that pic (don't even remember where I found it :confused: ) I had to save it. Sickest looking street setup I've ever seen. I like the aftermarket lights, the little blinkers and of course the flat track tires on it. Talk bout pimpin :apimp

Racer_X 10-28-2002 06:51 PM

I found this a while ago, this guy welded on a swingarm from a dirtbike and kawakrappy ninja rear wheel... pretty cool [url]www.marissa.org/street_banshee[/url]

also check out the link at the bottom for a banshee 124 hp turbo kit... not bad :apimp

-Drew- 10-28-2002 07:03 PM

I'd stunt her!

1 Attachment(s)
Hey, it doesn't have T-5's but I'd stunt that thing! I bet it's a bitch up in a wheelie though! But think of the burnout possibilities!!!!

Jay Carnes 10-29-2002 12:42 AM

that poor, poor banshee.