Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Tattoos & Piercings (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/397-tattoos-piercings)
-   -   bought my own tattoo machine (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/397-tattoos-piercings/274869-bought-my-own-tattoo.html)

f4ibuck 03-16-2010 01:48 PM

bought my own tattoo machine

1 Attachment(s)
so i got tired of investing so much in my local tattoo shop so i bought my own machine to try it out... not to hard but probably easier on someone else but this is my first just got done with it a min ago... what ya think?

PLAYA-P 03-16-2010 02:39 PM

Re: bought my own tattoo machine

I would go to a shop the line work is pretty ratty:2cents

f4ibuck 03-16-2010 02:49 PM

itll come with time im happy with it being as it was on myself and first try
also done without a stencil

old man roger 03-16-2010 04:44 PM

pretty damn good for a self done tat

havok 03-16-2010 05:07 PM

what size needle were you useing,how many amps,/throw??
and its actualy easier to tatt yerself then someone else since you can feel how deep to go or not go...
not bad for first try....
let it heal real good,then go back over the out line with a bigger needle to hide the blow outs...:cheers

f4ibuck 03-16-2010 07:36 PM

preciate it OMR...
as for needle the outline was a 3RL the filling in and shading was a 7RS the amps on liner was 6.4-6.7, the amps on the shader 7.0-7.2 is what i played with. the throw? guess your talking bout armature bar? liner thickness of a dime, shader thinckness of a nickle. no doubt preciate any help. ima learner

havok 03-16-2010 08:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[quote=f4ibuck;4287500]preciate it OMR...
as for needle the outline was a 3RL the filling in and shading was a 7RS the amps on liner was 6.4-6.7, the amps on the shader 7.0-7.2 is what i played with. the throw? guess your talking bout armature bar? liner thickness of a dime, shader thinckness of a nickle. no doubt preciate any help. ima learner[/quote]
ok when learning,you should use thicker needles,it will help with hand shake,and make the lines alil smoother,plus you can work off the tip...
use a 7 round liner,(which i am using now and its a great allaround size..)
round shaders are hard to work with when your new,cause they can fuck up skin quick...like you said it just takes time..
heres my 21st tattoo

f4ibuck 03-16-2010 09:57 PM

damn you did that one? thats good. is that your ass cheek? howd you do that lol... ill try the sizes your talkin bout ive already drawn my next one for my leg and itll have color so ima try the FS for that one

havok 03-16-2010 10:10 PM

[quote=f4ibuck;4287568]damn you did that one? thats good. is that your ass cheek? howd you do that lol... ill try the sizes your talkin bout ive already drawn my next one for my leg and itll have color so ima try the FS for that one[/quote]
lol no its a girls back..
in that pic the outline is a 7,and the color/shading is a 9m1...
if you need any help feel free to hit me up :):cheers

f4ibuck 03-16-2010 10:58 PM

fo sho will do man preciate it