Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Pocket Bikes / Mini Motos (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/387-pocket-bikes-mini-motos)
-   -   anyone ever tried one of these out?? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/387-pocket-bikes-mini-motos/249285-anyone-ever-tried-one.html)

YBlegal 03-26-2009 03:00 PM

anyone ever tried one of these out??

[URL]http://www.bombparts.citymax.com/catalog/item/6137997/5949761.htm[/URL]

its a 110cc 4-stroke that is out of the box "stunt ready" for $750

me and my girl were thinking of picking one up, but trying to get some feedback on it first.....

Crazy D 03-29-2009 10:09 PM

Re: anyone ever tried one of these out??

Looks like they basically took an auto pocketbike , and put rear pegs on it . Then took off the rear taillight and made a custom round 12 bar , that really can't be that strong . An auto pocketbike already has a hand brake for the rear .

If you are going to buy one , price out 110cc four stroke pocketbikes first . Or go to pocketbikeplanet.com and do some searching and ask for info .

I'm guessing these guys already knew how to stunt and these are their toys . Doing circles on a pocketbike isn't as easy as it looks . You can learn all that on a fiddy .

A used honda crf 50 with a 88cc kit , and a hand brake , and a rear street tire is gonna be worth more money than that x18 in the long run . The 88cc kit would give you some power .

Once you learn a basic wheelie on a little bike , you can progress on to other tricks . You are gonna be in for a surprise if you think you are going to hop on a little fiddy and do a nice wheelie in an hours time .

Crazy D 03-29-2009 11:16 PM

And if you call this company , i would ask which style bike they woud send you and what type of engine , and what type of clutch (manual 3 or 4 , semi auto 3 "like a honda 50 , or a auto centrifical clutch .

In the video on their site , the vid is from 2007 , and the bike looks like an x-6 . That bike is an auto clutch . And i believe you could have gotten 3 different motors . a 50cc , a 70cc , an a 110cc . all four strokes . I dont think they make those bikes anymore .

In the three pics they have on their site , those are x-18's and those are 110cc four stroke , and are manual clutch .

Conwest 04-08-2009 02:12 AM

those look sick......

ness 04-10-2009 04:50 PM

I was looking at those too. It's about $900 total with shipping. So is it worth the money? Or just get a used 50-110.

5starstunta 04-14-2009 08:32 PM

Buy a Honda 50 its worth the extra 300 dollars

I_throw_nickels 05-25-2009 05:52 AM

[quote=ness;3889954]I was looking at those too. It's about $900 total with shipping. So is it worth the money? Or just get a used 50-110.[/quote]

you can get x18's all day for 600 shipped or pick one up on craigslist for cheapness if you are patient

ReSpECT 05-28-2009 10:36 PM

[quote=5starstunta;3897718]Buy a Honda 50 its worth the extra 300 dollars[/quote]

+100

Give them time and a few rookie drops. They'll be wishing like hell they bought a Honda 50, LoL.........Been there, done that, sold the X18 and bought a crf50....Smartest thing i've ever done, hehe.....=-)

Those rear hydraulic brakes dont hold up too the rookies either. Brake control means soo much, to a newbie who has NO control, they ride the rear brake wayy to much. Those rear calipers get hot and the pistons seize up inside them. Then u have to find another and all that BS.........Its amazing how easy i can find honda 50 parts though. Just snap my fingers and WOW, they are everywhere, hehe....=-)

I_throw_nickels 05-29-2009 02:52 AM

[quote=ReSpECT;3971328]+100

Give them time and a few rookie drops. They'll be wishing like hell they bought a Honda 50, LoL.........Been there, done that, sold the X18 and bought a crf50....Smartest thing i've ever done, hehe.....=-)

Those rear hydraulic brakes dont hold up too the rookies either. Brake control means soo much, to a newbie who has NO control, they ride the rear brake wayy to much. Those rear calipers get hot and the pistons seize up inside them. Then u have to find another and all that BS.........Its amazing how easy i can find honda 50 parts though. Just snap my fingers and WOW, they are everywhere, hehe....=-)[/quote]

never had a problem with my brakes :shruggs....they do get hot tho :cheers...fiddy brakes suck ass compared to the midbikes so dont try to say they're better :nono

if somebody gave me a fiddy i would sell it to buy a midbike fo sho....fiddys suck ass stock...you gotta spend way to much money to get it right

ReSpECT 05-29-2009 07:25 AM

[quote=I_throw_nickels;3971680]never had a problem with my brakes :shruggs....they do get hot tho :cheers...fiddy brakes suck ass compared to the midbikes so dont try to say they're better :nono

if somebody gave me a fiddy i would sell it to buy a midbike fo sho....fiddys suck ass stock...you gotta spend way to much money to get it right[/quote]

Yes sir, and having so many aftermarket parts to chose from is the other advantage to owning a Honda 50. There literally isnt an aftermarket part for those bikes that you cant buy...Now try buying all those aftermarket parts for a mid-bike, LoL.....And on another note........You get what you pay for. Who cares if i have a $600 front end on my crf50, LoL......You can bet your azz it'll take a beating and get back up and ask for another one....=-)

I_throw_nickels 05-29-2009 12:07 PM

[quote=ReSpECT;3971741]Yes sir, and having so many aftermarket parts to chose from is the other advantage to owning a Honda 50. There literally isnt an aftermarket part for those bikes that you cant buy...Now try buying all those aftermarket parts for a mid-bike, LoL.....And on another note........You get what you pay for. Who cares if i have a $600 front end on my crf50, LoL......You can bet your azz it'll take a beating and get back up and ask for another one....=-)[/quote]

thr front ends on the mids are fine....change the oil in them and theyre sweet....my shit does good :shruggs....theres alot of aftermarket parts for the mids ....see what you gotta remember is that a mid has the parts based off of other factory models so most of the parts can be upgraded no problem....my engine hasnt blown and the frame hasnt bent shit rolls straight as it did from day 1 :yeah