Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Super Moto/Motards... (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/354-super-moto-motards)
-   -   who drags and who doesnt (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/354-super-moto-motards/97037-who-drags-who-doesnt.html)

Cody W 10-25-2004 05:21 PM

who drags and who doesnt

just wondering who drags there knee and who sticks their leg out.... :cheers

2five0 10-25-2004 09:24 PM

Re: who drags and who doesnt

I Can't Stand Draging

Mikie 10-26-2004 01:15 AM

I dont motard.. YET, but I did ride Harescrambles for many years (ie, some parts go into a parking lot for check points) and I never even thought to drag knee. :shruggs Powersliding, maybe dragging toe, but def. leg out.

Cody W 10-26-2004 12:51 PM

dragiin is the only way ill do it... :2cents

evilbob 10-26-2004 09:49 PM

Depends what happening, if i booting it and the back end all over the place, leg out ready to catch her. But if i annoying Sports bikes on the local round about the drag'in knee on the motard just add's to taking the piss :laughing

-Drew- 10-29-2004 01:10 PM

On my 83' XR500 supermoto, I drag knee on pavement... loose the ass end on dirt, and personally... think the control is better than my CBR or GSXR ever were. Granted, I'm probably going half the speed that my crotch rockets carried me at through the corners and twistes.

CK 187 10-29-2004 10:45 PM

Legs out. Like a big ole' set of stabilizers for balance. Only time i keep em' in is if someone moves up tight on the inside, cuz i don't wanna be on the receiving end of a foot in the wheel. OUCH

trigga 11-01-2004 04:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
knees down on the 50....

Cody W 12-01-2004 06:51 PM

[QUOTE=Jeremy B.]Last time I checked, it was called plugging butt not dragging knee for what you do :2cents[/QUOTE]

come on mufasa.....get that cat ass...... :LOL

my girl hasnt been drunk enough for that yet :laughing

1craZZZy1 12-03-2004 01:48 AM

[QUOTE=Cody W.]come on mufasa.....get that cat ass...... :LOL

my girl hasnt been drunk enough for that yet :laughing[/QUOTE]
????????????????????????????????????

Cody W 12-03-2004 06:13 PM

[QUOTE=1craZZZy1]????????????????????????????????????[/QUOTE]

it was sort of an inside joke from jamie foxx's stand up ....get it if you wanna laugh hard :hello

louR7 12-13-2004 01:44 PM

I drag knee when the corners are fast and more sweeping...if they are sharper than I stick the leg out.

TiptronicSoldie 06-12-2005 04:59 AM

Ill probably drag my knee when I buy a 50 and turn it into a super motard.

ricerocket1135 06-15-2005 03:52 AM

[QUOTE=TiptronicSoldie]Ill probably drag my knee when I buy a 50 and turn it into a super motard.[/QUOTE]

Dude... save yourself some money and buy mine that is pimped.... You will like yourself in the long run... I wish I had done it that way... save up and pay for it all at once... Just picked up 450 in parts today from Two Brothers for the engine.... Head is comming in at another 400 and then the assembly and such... I am putting about 1000 in it to make it right for the next guy.

Back to the question... drag a knee around the corner = faster corner speed... sticking a leg out if the surface warrants it... ie... wet, loose..etc.

KROHNSTUNTS 06-15-2005 04:02 AM

Stick your leg out and get your weight up on the tank, that's how I did it in motocross, I don't know if motards are different

Catman 08-25-2005 05:06 PM

knee out or leg out ????????????????
It is the same thing to catch the bike and kick it up, Or to kick someone stealin your line. If your leaned over enough the knee, if not the leg out if the surface is bad. Other than that keep you feet on the pegs and the weight on them :shruggs

ie left turn left foot out or knee down all your weight on the oposite peg.
position your balls as far forward on the tank as possible. and elbo's up :cheers :hello

Goodluckmonkey 04-01-2006 07:58 AM

Feet up - no-one likes to see a spiral fracture of your lower leg from where your toe's caught the tarmac on the way into a corner.

I'll stick out my leg for balance on the way out if the rear's breaking away though.

I ride dirt in a pretty similar manner - means you can still use the gear lever and rear brake.

Haven't ridden a supermoto on a track in years though - just been on the dirt all winter.

STUDROCK 05-21-2006 02:48 PM

I hate when chicks drag that hurts like a mofo when they do it you should donkey punch them:cheers :2cents

silverstunterR6 05-31-2006 10:54 PM

I stuck my foot out on my R6 for sh!ts and giggles the other day. I'm sure it looked goofy as hell.

-whisky- 07-25-2006 02:09 AM

draggin knee on a tard is not gangsta:nono