Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Super Moto/Motards... (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/354-super-moto-motards)
-   -   what do u think about this trade (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/354-super-moto-motards/274927-what-do-u-think.html)

Bklynlod 03-17-2010 06:59 PM

what do u think about this trade

I was thinking of trading my 03 CRF450R for an 04 DRZ 400 I think its sm cuz it has the street tires. I was thinking about the trade cuz the DRZ is street legal. The guy with the DrZ wants some cash too. Does sound like a good deal? Would u do it? If so how much cash. I just like the idea of being able to ride on the street without a problem.

Ryan Moore 03-17-2010 07:24 PM

Re: what do u think about this trade

Trade the best supermoto stunt bike out there for a DRZ??? sounds crazy to me, but I have a truck too, don't need a plate for my stunt bike.

Zarrell 03-18-2010 12:23 PM

Depends on the condition of the bikes. Since the DRZ is a 04 I guess it's the dirt model from the beginning...in that case I'd rather have a crf. The DRZ won't be as fun as ur crf, but if street legal means much for you I guess it's worth it, there are other bikes that are more fun and still possible to have street legal though :)

ReSpECT 03-18-2010 01:41 PM

HaHa, trading a Honda for a Slozuki is just RETARDED. I dont care if its a motard, stunter or a street bike. Just no way in hell one should trade a Honda for a damn pos Slozuki....Drop that Slozuki one time and it breaks like glass. Drop ur Honda 100 times and it runs just as good as it did before u dropped it the first time.....Go Honda or go Home...=-)

PS: I have an 06 YZ450 thats completely street legal. And i still wouldlnt trade it for a damn Slozuki. Even thought its a Yammy, its still not a Slozuki, hehe...=-)

Bklynlod 03-18-2010 03:26 PM

I guess the DRZ is not a good trade. I don't get to use the CRF often. There's just no good spot out here. Cops fuck with you like crazy. I might just sell it. How much can I ask for an 03 CRF450R in great condition? The one complaint I do have is this bitch is hard to start! Anyone have any tricks?

MotaredStunts 03-19-2010 10:05 PM

The valves are probably tight. And I have seen some people buy a frame with a title of a xr650L and use it to tag a crf450.

MotaredStunts 03-19-2010 10:07 PM

If the the valves arent tight check the decompression on mechanism the cam

Bklynlod 03-20-2010 01:26 AM

[quote=MotaredStunts;4289761]If the the valves arent tight check the decompression on mechanism the cam[/quote]

Sorry this is my first dirtbike. how do I do that? I feel like a dumbass :banghead

MotaredStunts 03-20-2010 08:14 PM

You might want to take it to a honda shop if you arent very mechanicly inclined. basicly just put it on top dead center of the compression stroke(right after the intake valve closes) remove the valve cover and use the feeler gauges to check the clearances. there will be a decompressior on the came that will push the valve down only at start up. it slings out once started and stops hitting the valve cap

Bklynlod 03-21-2010 07:23 PM

Yea, honda here I come. Let's see how much they bang me out for. I'm gonna be on the lookout for a street legal frame now!

KINGjafeJOE 03-23-2010 06:30 PM

Brooooooklyn!!!!!......keep that kidd so when i come back 2 NY we could link up and kill eastern parkway:yeah......just get some Sumo wheels and ur good to go kidd...i got a cheap set form a member off [url]http://supermotojunkie.com/[/url]

N that Mofo is hard 2 start reguardless but diff check them Vals...

Schooler 03-23-2010 06:40 PM

i had my 06 crf 450 r tagged and plated...i know that if you buy the baja designs kit for a 450 r headlight horn blinkers you would be able to register it in arizona..dont know if that helps..but thats where my bike was registered and it was brought to newmexico.....ahhh the good ole days of having that bike on the street...

Bklynlod 03-24-2010 11:36 PM

So it was the hot start cable> seemed to be stuck on open. Fixed hat and the bike starts on the third kick now!!! Thanks guys!

ChrisG8589 03-26-2010 02:29 AM

Id be willing to possibly buy the CRF if your interested. PM me details

Bklynlod 03-27-2010 01:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
hit me up 347-342-6287< i'll give you the info over the phone. other than replacing the hot start cable< the bike is minty. I just changed the plug and oil on it. Bike was never beaten on. It's not street legal. has a bigger sprocket on the rear, I forgot how many teeth I went up.

I need to take some better pics but this is all i have at the moment.

[ATTACH]255799[/ATTACH]

this thing is a beast, I wish I had more places to ride it. I bought it a year ago and i've only ridin it 3 times. cops fuck with you a lot out here. so it makes no sense to keep it. I was looking to trade it for something street legal, or if I can sell, I can put that cash towards another bike. Like an f4i, I've wanted one for a while now.

jordanv3122 03-29-2010 12:44 PM

haha a drz will not break when you drop it. its not a streetbike.. but i think instead of trading you should put that money into your crf for wheels and tires