Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Bicycle Stunters (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/286-bicycle-stunters)
-   -   Circles.. (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/286-bicycle-stunters/154255-circles.html)

Sparks! 03-13-2006 01:40 PM

Circles..

i can get 180" but the wheel tips in after that.. ive managed almost a full circle once or twice but just can't get hang of it.. any tips. i find it hard to pedal and lean in .. i either go to high or wheel comes down... :banghead

GundamnitPete 03-13-2006 04:25 PM

Re: Circles..

if the wheel is tipping in, you need to speed up, dip the front end below BP and pick up a lil speed.

if it wants to turn out, slow down (go behind BP a lil bit).

get a street tire for the rear, i suggest a maxxis hookworm :cheers

Crazy_P 03-16-2006 07:51 AM

[QUOTE=GundamnitPete]if the wheel is tipping in, you need to speed up, dip the front end below BP and pick up a lil speed.

if it wants to turn out, slow down (go behind BP a lil bit).

get a street tire for the rear, i suggest a maxxis hookworm :cheers[/QUOTE]

are hookworms really that great?

GundamnitPete 03-16-2006 03:36 PM

in a word??? yes

Joe87 03-21-2006 03:00 PM

How are you getting on with them sparks?

Sparks! 03-26-2006 07:29 AM

still can't do em... although ive only ridden the bike once since posting this.. got a few further than 180 but i still cant do it.. cant get special kay coasters either.. cant get my leg over the bar :LOL was playnig about with some 1 hand wheelies and tried 1 hand coasters too...

Joe87 03-26-2006 04:57 PM

yeah i love onehanders. Was doing them today for some reason. In a harder than i should gear going slow. Was pretty fun. Also i brought and ice lolly and was eating it, and i saw a few of my mates, so just popped it up one handed eating lolly the whole time lol

Sparks! 03-27-2006 06:55 AM

It was chucking it down with rain yesterday, seat was a bit slippery.. was doing a 1 hander and just slid off the back of the seat :laughing

I'll get circles sometime soon hopefully!

What sort of tyre pressures do you lot run?? maybe that'll help if I get tyre set properly.

Joe87 03-27-2006 11:44 AM

:cheers [QUOTE=Sparks!]It was chucking it down with rain yesterday, seat was a bit slippery.. was doing a 1 hander and just slid off the back of the seat :laughing

What sort of tyre pressures do you lot run?? maybe that'll help if I get tyre set properly.[/QUOTE]

LOL!! I was trying to no hand wheelie, and i have my seat in normal position, and the same happened to me, and my bike was heading for a van but hit a post on the way... and busted my headlight... and I then got pulled over for no lights....:LOL

Ill check pressure tonight!

pray4butter 03-27-2006 09:27 PM

dooo, i just learned circles to the left and to the right after practicing for like an hour.......i just ride in my hall at the dorms during the winter cause i get bored..........here's my two cents...if you circle to the left have your left butt cheek on the far right side of the seat leaning out of the circle, but pushing your bike in and to the left while turning your handlebars to the right...its easier in a low gear and work the back brake if you have to.....i learned how to turn a 90 degree corner first, then a circle is just like 4 quarter turns blended...sweeeet, the end

pray4butter 03-27-2006 09:29 PM

[QUOTE=JoeRM125]:cheers

LOL!! I was trying to no hand wheelie, and i have my seat in normal position, and the same happened to me, and my bike was heading for a van but hit a post on the way... and busted my headlight... and I then got pulled over for no lights....:LOL

Ill check pressure tonight![/QUOTE]

no hand wheelie on bicycle is nuts, how do you pedal and stay on?

GundamnitPete 03-27-2006 10:41 PM

[QUOTE=pray4butter]no hand wheelie on bicycle is nuts, how do you pedal and stay on?[/QUOTE]

it's a balance of pressure on the pedals and on the seat, you have to be prefectly balanced.

if you practice alot (like i do) you'll get no handed circles:

[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/gundamms07b/nohandercircle.jpg[/IMG]

GundamnitPete 03-27-2006 10:42 PM

[QUOTE=Sparks!]It was chucking it down with rain yesterday, seat was a bit slippery.. was doing a 1 hander and just slid off the back of the seat :laughing

What sort of tyre pressures do you lot run?? maybe that'll help if I get tyre set properly.[/QUOTE]

higher pressures make the bike want to lean in more, makes it easier to turn the bike in the circle, and also tighter circles.

lower makes it harder to turn in circles, but more stable..

i run about 45-50 PSI in my hookworms right now, it's a good balance of easy turning and stability(for no handed circles)

Joe87 03-28-2006 04:06 PM

pray4butter- I cant do it yet as i do slip, can do it for a small bit, but could really do with angling my seat slightly, bur i dont want to incase seat keeps rocking loose like on other bikes ive had!

Sparks! 03-29-2006 08:04 AM

Right just checked the bike now... the rear tyre psi was something like 15psi haha... I've doubled it to 30 and had a quick spin, its made everything a lot more stable.. i can wheelie it better in general now and i tried a couple of 180 half circles (i was only on my drive) and it turns in a lot easier!! going to go practice later today and might get full circles..

should i up the tyre more from 30??? i might go a bit higher then!!

Sparks! 03-29-2006 09:33 AM

upped it to 35 or so, definetly makes a massive difference, bike turns in a lot easier now i find and is more stable... easier to peddle to keep it up too.... will try circles later tonight.

GundamnitPete 03-29-2006 10:42 AM

it feels really stable in a sitdown cause you don't have to move around as much to correct it.

when swinging your leg threw to spec-K or highchiar, it gets a lil skectchy....

post up a lil clip if you can.

$ Slo-Mo $ 03-29-2006 11:46 AM

idle up 4 grand and hang on

GundamnitPete 03-29-2006 01:04 PM

[QUOTE=$ Slo-Mo $]idle up 4 grand and hang on[/QUOTE]

[IMG]https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/images/smilies/LolLolLolLol.gif[/IMG]

Crazy_P 03-29-2006 03:02 PM

[QUOTE=JoeRM125]:cheers

Ill check pressure tonight![/QUOTE]

You can get pulled over for no lights on a bike :LOL