Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Bicycle Stunters (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/286-bicycle-stunters)
-   -   good stunt bike? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/286-bicycle-stunters/143100-good-stunt-bike.html)

UNIDENTIFIED 10-11-2005 12:46 AM

good stunt bike?

ok so as some of you may know im layed up from a whipe out on my big bike that im prolly goign to part out to cut even on. in teh meantime after im healed up ill have my dirtbike to fock around on and a car to get to work. im also thinking about geting a bicycle to ride to lose some more weight and get more exersize on. i was wondering cause ill have a couple months to kill till i can buy another stunt bike after christmas (like f4i or suttin) ill have time to kill and weight to loose from beeing couped up in teh crib healing up... i was wondering what all u cycle stunters :2cents was on a cheap stunter bike... thats cheap as in like... 500 or less.. thanks for input in advance :cheers

WHEELIEALEX 10-11-2005 01:05 AM

Re: good stunt bike?

[url]www.specialized.com[/url]

hardrock06-the best only 350

WHEELIEALEX 10-11-2005 01:07 AM

[url]http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=12278[/url]

UNIDENTIFIED 10-11-2005 01:26 AM

thanks for input, i think pete sent me there too , i guess they make good shit huh?

GundamnitPete 10-11-2005 02:33 PM

yes, hard rock's are very good stunt bikes.

i pointed him in the disc brake direction tho.

you can stunt anybike, pretty much the only bikes i own are wal-mart bikes, you can develope some skill on anybike with rear brakes.

you might want to take a look at felt bikes too, i've seen some sick ones.

i-dub 10-11-2005 04:03 PM

yah man shows how good pete is.. hes rockin a 90 dollar wallyworld bike and killin that shit.. u dont need no 350 dollar bike

UNIDENTIFIED 10-11-2005 04:06 PM

[QUOTE=i-dub]yah man shows how good pete is.. hes rockin a 90 dollar wallyworld bike and killin that shit.. u dont need no 350 dollar bike[/QUOTE]
bwhahhahahahaha :laughing :laughing good shit

78KingCobra 10-11-2005 06:40 PM

well, a really good deal is a diamondback coil EX. they are only 400, dual suspension, and dual disc brakes and adjustable front shocks. it would last you a long time if it is well maintained. its derailers are the midline stuff from shimano as well.
BMX is the way to go, though. you can get a 220 dollar BMX bike with 4 pegs and see what you like the most, flatland, racing, vert, street, jumps. get a DK signal. 289.99 of flatlandfuel.com.

GundamnitPete 10-12-2005 12:06 AM

[QUOTE=soad]well, a really good deal is a diamondback coil EX. they are only 400, dual suspension, and dual disc brakes and adjustable front shocks. it would last you a long time if it is well maintained. its derailers are the midline stuff from shimano as well.
BMX is the way to go, though. you can get a 220 dollar BMX bike with 4 pegs and see what you like the most, flatland, racing, vert, street, jumps. get a DK signal. 289.99 of flatlandfuel.com.[/QUOTE]

wheeliealex used to rock a coil EX i believe.

a BMX bike seems kinda small for him....

UNIDENTIFIED 10-12-2005 12:20 AM

[QUOTE=GundamnitPete]wheeliealex used to rock a coil EX i believe.

a BMX bike seems kinda small for him....[/QUOTE]
it dont rele matter hopw small it is tho does it? i used to rock a huffy bmx... :laughing

GundamnitPete 10-12-2005 12:27 AM

i dunno, I always feel so cramped on a BMX, and when i finally get it to where i'm not "eating my knees" the BP is low and narrow....

i-dub 10-12-2005 01:43 PM

yah bmx bikes are mad small.. techincaly ur not supposed to be sitting while u pedal

Halliwood 10-12-2005 01:55 PM

I was thinking about picking up a specailized today too, going to go with one of the disc brake ones, but I would suggest getting a cheap mountian bike and a cheap bmx, then see what you like.

edit - if your just looking for something to wheelie and endo, go with the mountain bike. :2cents

78KingCobra 10-12-2005 02:55 PM

BMX bikes are supposed to be small. your supposed to feel small on them to flick them around.

AK-47 10-12-2005 04:39 PM

[QUOTE=i-dub]yah bmx bikes are mad small.. techincaly ur not supposed to be sitting while u pedal[/QUOTE]
that depends technically.

GundamnitPete 10-12-2005 05:17 PM

[QUOTE=nomav6]I was thinking about picking up a specailized today too, going to go with one of the disc brake ones, but I would suggest getting a cheap mountian bike and a cheap bmx, then see what you like.

edit - if your just looking for something to wheelie and endo, go with the mountain bike. :2cents[/QUOTE]

do it up man, get the disc's :YEAH

and i agree, experiment with both, but if you wanna wheelie and endo, mtnbike :2cents

i-dub 10-12-2005 08:00 PM

[QUOTE=AK-47]that depends technically.[/QUOTE]

now ur just ****ing confusing me

AK-47 10-12-2005 09:28 PM

maybe u don't get everything...

i-dub 10-12-2005 11:52 PM

alex i wouldnt be talking my grades can beat up ur grades

Halliwood 10-13-2005 08:08 AM

[QUOTE=GundamnitPete]do it up man, get the disc's :YEAH

and i agree, experiment with both, but if you wanna wheelie and endo, mtnbike :2cents[/QUOTE]

Im now looking at getting the Jamis Durango tomorrow, it has the disc brakes and was told it would handle the beatings that Im going to dish out to it better then the hard rock, because most of my time on the bike will be in the mountians :YEAH