Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Bike Pictures (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/281-stunt-bike-pictures)
-   -   Aftermath of 1st gear Spreader engine stall! (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/281-stunt-bike-pictures/87302-aftermath-1st-gear-spreader.html)

PUNKON1WHEEL 08-19-2004 01:08 PM

Aftermath of 1st gear Spreader engine stall!

3 Attachment(s)
My engine shut off on a 1st gear spreader. Of course engine break is insane in 1st gear, so you could imagine how violent the front wheel slammed to the ground. My legs came down and hit the bar ends, I just about went over the bars. My head was on my front fender w/ some mad tank slap.. It was pretty crazy. Some how I pulled out of it. Got some pretty nasty bruises out of it though. They were swollen up the size of baseballs for about 2 days. :laughing

the bottom pic is from today...

jeepcj258 08-19-2004 01:49 PM

Re: Aftermath of 1st gear Spreader engine stall!

More details, it is a shame that was not on film

Glad to here that is all you got out of it

God Bless
Seth

JAVIER 08-19-2004 04:26 PM

no pain no game son

PUNKON1WHEEL 08-19-2004 04:40 PM

I HAVE HAD PLENTY OF GAINS W/ NO PAIN. NONE THE LESS, IM NOT WORRIED ABOUT PAIN. ITS TEMPORARY...

korno1 08-19-2004 04:49 PM

how does ur bike shut off in first gear and what r u running for sprockets to get crazy engine brake?

PUNKON1WHEEL 08-19-2004 04:54 PM

+9 On The Sprockets. High Rev 1st Gear W/ Any Sprockets is Gonna Give You Mad Engine Brake. Especially when the engine isnt runnin. There Was Something Wrong W/ My Kickstand Safety Switch. It Killed My Engine Completely. I just ran it direct.

AdrenalneJnky 08-19-2004 05:26 PM

loooks liek u got out of lucky man, alot worse couldh ave happened

seen a guy at psychofest, said his bike stalled out during a spreader, because of the tip over sensor, he was all f'd up...
u gotlucky

PUNKON1WHEEL 08-19-2004 05:33 PM

I agree. I got off real easy. hell, i went back out to practice about 2 hrs later. I'm not bitchin at all. just thought i would post up the pics.

TaildrgnGSXR 08-19-2004 05:34 PM

[QUOTE=PUNKON1WHEEL]+9 On The Sprockets. High Rev 1st Gear W/ Any Sprockets is Gonna Give You Mad Engine Brake. Especially when the engine isnt runnin. There Was Something Wrong W/ My Kickstand Safety Switch. It Killed My Engine Completely. I just ran it direct.[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain bro....I somehow hit my kill switch :banghead coming up in a high chair this summer....luckily I had just started to come up, so the aftermath wasn't as vilolent....Bounced me pretty hard when I hit and busted the fairing stay, kept all my skin though.... :YEAH

92SHINE 08-20-2004 01:51 AM

I kind of know how that feels, my 900rr like to spit and sputter sometimes when I am doing spreaders :banghead , when it does that the front end slams down and throws me up into a handstand. Wait a minute spreader to a handstand I wonder if that could be considered a COMBO :laughing

Lotensin22 08-20-2004 04:49 AM

[QUOTE=korno1]\what r u running for sprockets to get crazy engine brake?[/QUOTE]

LOL, no offense man, but have you ridden? When my bike was stock, first gear at 9-10 grand had some damn good engine breaking.

PUNKON1WHEEL 08-20-2004 12:55 PM

exactly.. 1st gear has alot of engine brake. hell, its nice if you dont have a hand brake

TEDDY.B 08-21-2004 03:21 AM

for real you gotta watch those kick stand switches on the srads. mine did the same thing, couple times, luckily in standups though. took me forever to figure out the problem even though it turned out to be something soooo stupid.

ShadyGirl82 09-18-2004 02:38 PM

those are some wicked bruises!!! feel better :)

JPratt 09-18-2004 03:09 PM

[QUOTE=TEDDY.B]for real you gotta watch those kick stand switches on the srads. mine did the same thing, couple times, luckily in standups though. took me forever to figure out the problem even though it turned out to be something soooo stupid.[/QUOTE]

Yep, some how my kickstand would come down just enough to enable the swith and my bike would cut off... So what I did was unbolted it from the kickstand, ran it to the tail section and use ducktape to keep it disabled. Works like a charm now. Only thing you gotta remember is to not have it in gear when you start the bike with the kickstand down... :laughing

Lucky for me I always make sure Im in neatrul when starting my bike and havent had the effects of that problem... :hello

PUNKON1WHEEL 09-18-2004 05:07 PM

I just cut the wires and ran them together. So far so good. Think Im bout to throw in the towel and get a fuel injected zuk 600

a56kuser 09-18-2004 07:19 PM

[QUOTE=PUNKON1WHEEL]I just cut the wires and ran them together. So far so good. Think Im bout to throw in the towel and get a fuel injected zuk 600[/QUOTE]
do you guys bypass the kickstand sensor? is this a normal thing to do? ive already bypassed my tip over sensor cause everyoen seemed to be doing it.

-ChaOs- 09-18-2004 08:04 PM

shit i have all my sensors bypassed, tip over siliconed, kickstand switch cut and tied together, and also the clutch switch i hate holding it in when im in nuetral to start it!!!

FHL 09-18-2004 10:07 PM

Hondas start in neutral without the clutch, it's refreshing since I can start my bike from either direction with one hand when I'm putting my gloves on.

Did you break your fork seals?

PUNKON1WHEEL 09-22-2004 11:19 AM

All my sensors are bypassed. As far as fork seals. I think mine have leaked more than not. They need to be changed bad! :laughing