Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Minnesota (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/248-minnesota)
-   -   Ice Riding (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/248-minnesota/175239-ice-riding.html)

Splash4195 12-01-2006 10:51 AM

Ice Riding

Well the ice is starting on the lakes! It's time to start Ice RIDING in a month! Everybody start praying for some below zero weather!:YEAH

Kerns BBO 12-01-2006 12:19 PM

Re: Ice Riding

The lakes are all frozen over from Grand Rapids north. Even both the Red Lakes are frozen.

Splash4195 12-01-2006 04:12 PM

Time for you to put studs in your tires Kern?

mother_goose 12-01-2006 08:13 PM

Anyone in the twin cities area, or west towards Delano I know a really nice private lake that you can plow off whenever you want.......all you gotta do is let me know and I will get you access. We normally have a 50 oval track plowed off already......how much room you need for ice riding?

KROHNSTUNTS 12-02-2006 01:45 AM

Not much i think for at least the first week we wont be able to stop crashing

OneUpMoto 12-02-2006 08:55 AM

[QUOTE=KROHNSTUNTS]Not much i think for at least the first week we wont be able to stop crashing[/QUOTE]

Thats funny.:LOL

What is not funny is all this talk about below zero temps, ice, and cold weather. :shruggs

KROHNSTUNTS 12-02-2006 10:49 AM

hey but look at it this way sean, its december and i can still see the grass.. 4 months from now it will be riding on the lots again full time for this guy

Splash4195 12-02-2006 11:52 AM

Probably a least a Acre! I know some poeple that have one out in Carver that's a nice track.

neece303 12-04-2006 07:07 PM

[QUOTE=OneUpMoto]What is not funny is all this talk about below zero temps, ice, and cold weather. :shruggs[/QUOTE]
oh that is what I am saying...

I will probably get a set of tires studded out... maybe! not sure if I can handle the weather lol... we will see though

Smokey31 12-04-2006 07:36 PM

[quote=neece303]oh that is what I am saying...

I will probably get a set of tires studded out... maybe! not sure if I can handle the weather lol... we will see though[/quote]

ya how are you liking this nice minnesota weather fun isn't it

neece303 12-05-2006 09:53 AM

[QUOTE=Smokey31]ya how are you liking this nice minnesota weather fun isn't it[/QUOTE]

well so far I am making.... I need warmer clothes and GLOVES! I have never owned gloves in my life. Making a trip to St Cloud tomorrow night to do some shopping

T-Ice 12-05-2006 01:10 PM

[QUOTE=neece303]well so far I am making.... I need warmer clothes and GLOVES! I have never owned gloves in my life. Making a trip to St Cloud tomorrow night to do some shopping[/QUOTE]

gloves?? Shit's Weak!!!!!.........i had to wear a jacket while riding in O-town last night if that makes you feel any better????

neece303 12-05-2006 01:29 PM

[QUOTE=T-Ice]gloves?? Shit's Weak!!!!!.........i had to wear a jacket while riding in O-town last night if that makes you feel any better????[/QUOTE]

Weak?? thats mean :LOL

Hmmm you had to wear a jacket to go and ride... no that doesnt really make me feel any better. HAHA I wish all I had to do was put on a jacket to go and ride. Ive got to dress like an eskimo if I want to ride and enjoy it

Smokey31 12-05-2006 02:42 PM

[quote=neece303]Weak?? thats mean :LOL

Hmmm you had to wear a jacket to go and ride... no that doesnt really make me feel any better. HAHA I wish all I had to do was put on a jacket to go and ride. Ive got to dress like an eskimo if I want to ride and enjoy it[/quote]

the riding season is over booooooooo minnesota booooooo!!!!! time to drink and ice fish!!!!!!

neece303 12-05-2006 03:22 PM

[QUOTE=Smokey31]the riding season is over booooooooo minnesota booooooo!!!!! time to drink and ice fish!!!!!![/QUOTE]
see ice fishing is something we DEFINATELY dont have... I heard all you do is sit around a hole in the ground and get shitty :LOL

mother_goose 12-05-2006 04:06 PM

[quote=neece303]see ice fishing is something we DEFINATELY dont have... I heard all you do is sit around a hole in the ground and get shitty :LOL[/quote]

Thats about it, if oyu get set up right a lot of the new houses have bunks, stoves, fridges, TV, etc

T-Ice 12-05-2006 04:11 PM

oohhh i love ice fishing.........i might make a special trip just to ice fish.....ooohhh thats my favorite sport ever.......

Smokey31 12-06-2006 04:47 AM

[quote=T-Ice]oohhh i love ice fishing.........i might make a special trip just to ice fish.....ooohhh thats my favorite sport ever.......[/quote]

If anyone wants to go let me know I'm always game!!!!!!!:cheers

neece303 12-06-2006 09:35 AM

[QUOTE=Smokey31]If anyone wants to go let me know I'm always game!!!!!!!:cheers[/QUOTE]

:LOL I wouldnt mind checking it out... it would definately be a first for me

verticaljay 12-06-2006 09:53 AM

[QUOTE=T-Ice]oohhh i love ice fishing.........i might make a special trip just to ice fish.....ooohhh thats my favorite sport ever.......[/QUOTE]

I don't ice fish, I ice drink! We have a nice set up over here where you sit on a river that feeds the atlantic, catch about 100-200 smelt per night and a damn good buzz:LOL

Smokey31 12-06-2006 08:05 PM

[quote=neece303]:LOL I wouldnt mind checking it out... it would definately be a first for me[/quote]

maybe we can get some people together and go.... let me know...... you might want to buy more of those warm cloths that are forgein to you.......... such as gloves and boots though:2cents :LOL

Splash4195 12-06-2006 08:41 PM

It's fun. You definately have to try it.

neece303 12-06-2006 10:27 PM

[QUOTE=Smokey31]maybe we can get some people together and go.... let me know...... you might want to buy more of those warm cloths that are forgein to you.......... such as gloves and boots though:2cents :LOL[/QUOTE]

Im down.. going to St Cloud on Friday. Talked to some friends that said something about going to red carpet?? or something like that. I have no clue but doing some shopping then

Smokey31 12-07-2006 11:25 AM

[quote=neece303]Im down.. going to St Cloud on Friday. Talked to some friends that said something about going to red carpet?? or something like that. I have no clue but doing some shopping then[/quote]

on wednesday we are going to the press down down st cloud for blackness's b-day some drinking will occur that day!!!!!! anyone else going to come get the ol' man drunk????????:shruggs

CRASH411MJ 12-07-2006 11:45 AM

I'm keeping an eye on the ice here in wi. I finished studding a set of rain tires for my 954 this week (2000 studs), now i'm biding my time for safe ice. I ice race a quad but this is will be my first time riding a stuntbike on the ice :YEAH and I cant wait.

Splash4195 12-07-2006 12:28 PM

My tires should be ready to rock for the YZ 250. It looks like my friend may get a set of his to.

neece303 12-08-2006 09:43 AM

[QUOTE=Smokey31]on wednesday we are going to the press down down st cloud for blackness's b-day some drinking will occur that day!!!!!! anyone else going to come get the ol' man drunk????????:shruggs[/QUOTE]
coming to st cloud tonight... not sure where we are going yet though

Smokey31 12-08-2006 02:06 PM

[quote=neece303]coming to st cloud tonight... not sure where we are going yet though[/quote]

I'll be working tonight til bar close otherwise i would check it out