Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Texas (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/233-texas)
-   -   The News (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/233-texas/253430-news.html)

C.Dickey 05-06-2009 11:57 PM

The News

Anybody see that weaksause story on the news about how "sportbike riders are a danger" in DFW? One guy was not paying attention and ran into the back of a car that changed lanes in front of him while he was going 120+, next freaked out for a pig and locked up the front brake, and the other one I'm not really sure what happened unless his girl leaned the wrong way bc she flew over the center wall and he slid down the hwy. Either way why the hell arnt they talking about the cars that ride up on our back tires to see us go fast or try to run us off the road/cut us off to see us gun it. Or maybe the million and a half request to pop it up. Hmm wonder where half the "problems" originate from. Either way I found it funny they wanted to interview some ppl that had been hurt on bikes and all of them were like hell yeah I'll be back on a bike. Watch out for the tards....see yall at cutie pies on thurs.

Lb3 05-07-2009 03:29 PM

Re: The News

I boycotted the mainstream news. It's sensationalist garbage. ZOMG! Crazy bikers with teh swine flooz.. more at 11.

T/C 05-07-2009 03:42 PM

[quote=lb3;3937685]i boycotted the mainstream news. It's sensationalist garbage. Zomg! Crazy bikers with teh swine flooz.. More at 11.[/quote]

:lol

IV 05-07-2009 03:47 PM

[quote=C.Dickey;3936773]Anybody see that weaksause story on the news about how "sportbike riders are a danger" in DFW? One guy was not paying attention and ran into the back of a car that changed lanes in front of him while he was going 120+, next freaked out for a pig and locked up the front brake, and the other one I'm not really sure what happened unless his girl leaned the wrong way bc she flew over the center wall and he slid down the hwy. Either way why the hell arnt they talking about the cars that ride up on our back tires to see us go fast or try to run us off the road/cut us off to see us gun it. Or maybe the million and a half request to pop it up. Hmm wonder where half the "problems" originate from. Either way I found it funny they wanted to interview some ppl that had been hurt on bikes and all of them were like hell yeah I'll be back on a bike. Watch out for the tards....see yall at cutie pies on thurs.[/quote]

did you used to race MX??? just wondering cuz i used to race and there was a whole family of "Dickey's" that raced.:shruggs

and do you ride AT cutie pies or TO cutie pies?:shruggs

EDIT- i just saw you said "thursday". think that answers my question about cutie pies.

C.Dickey 05-07-2009 05:45 PM

Nah I've only been riding my kx for about 3 months and my gsxr for 1. I'd like to get into more moto freestyle/minor racing. Just need some ppl to help me get past the learning phase (pointers and ppl to practice with) and to find a decent track. I've been riding in Trophy Club at the track they have but its not maintained at all, rock hard, and loose on top. Hopeing I can afford to get an f4i once I get an apt in Plano and start the parking lot gig. Just cant get myself to try to learn on a bike 1 month old. Maybe a 50 down the road for those thrash the town rides.