Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Fallen Riders: A Place of Rememberance (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/219-fallen-riders-place-rememberance)
-   -   RIP Brandon Brown, upcoming Fundraiser Ride (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/219-fallen-riders-place-rememberance/277281-rip-brandon-brown-upcoming.html)

F4iGuy 04-28-2010 08:52 PM

RIP Brandon Brown, upcoming Fundraiser Ride

Brandon Brown was one of the most loved people I have ever known and the best Brother-in-Law I could have ever asked for. The viewing for this amazing human being will be Thursday, April 29th from 2pm-9pm at Mandziuk Funeral Home on the corner of 18 and Ryan Rd. Funeral Service will be at the same place on Friday at 10am.

I literally cannot find one person that didn't like Brandon, he was truly loved by everyone. He was 27 years old and an amazing custom painter. Many bikes in MI have custom paint done by Brandon.

Brandon was killed when a Volvo S40 pulled out in front of him while pulling out of a parking lot onto Livernois Rd in Troy just north of Big Beaver. Brandon had literally no time to react, he couldn't even hit his brakes before he hit the drivers side and came to a complete stop, dislodging his heart, killing him instantly.

Alcohol and speed were not a factor, but toxicology will be done on both Brandon and the negligent driver to determine if drugs had any role (Brandon was not a drug user). From what the police said, the man at fault in the Volvo was crushed when he heard that he had killed Brandon and made a very tragic and serious mistake. While it's hard not to be mad at him, nothing will bring Brandon back and we need to try to be strong for the family.

Brandon's parents have been hit hard by the Michigan economy like so many others here and this only adds to their hardship. There is a tentative "Brandon Brown Ride for Safety Awareness" set for Saturday, May 22nd. We will ride from Motor City Power Sports on Telegraph Rd to CJ Mahoney's Bar on Big Beaver and Livernois in Troy (Brandon's favorite bar and walking distance from the site of the accident).

Cars and Bikes are welcome, there will be raffles and donations will be accepted to go to Brandon's Parents to cover funeral costs. There may even be a bike given away!

Details have not been finalized, details to come.

Brandon will be missed by all, please ride safely.

f4 diablo 04-29-2010 10:43 AM

Re: RIP Brandon Brown, upcoming Fundraiser Ride

Sorry for the loss. RIP

btrflys 04-29-2010 03:09 PM

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#000000]I am sick about what has happened! I went to school with Brandon. He didn’t deserve this! [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#000000]I want to point this out so you can pass this along to his parents. I work at an insurance company so I am very familiar with where you can get some additional assistance. Make sure they contact the insurance company for Brandon's auto insurance and also the insurance company of the Volvo. There are death benefits that come from the auto policy. Under personal injury protection, there is a part called allowable expense benefits. Funeral and burial expenses can be covered. There may be a dollar amount (like my company it is $3,000) but some help is better than none.[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#000000]I am truly sorry for your loss! I will try to pull together some people for the ride.[/COLOR][/FONT]

F4iGuy 05-02-2010 10:45 PM

Thank you so much for the advice, I just showed it to Brandon's parents. I guess you never think about what you'll have to do after something like this happens, and you don't want to be 6 months down the road thinking, "I wish we would have done this or that". I'll post up when I have more details about the ride.

F4iGuy 05-05-2010 07:39 PM

Okay, since we don't want to half-ass this thing and we'd like some time to grieve first, we're thinking of moving this event to sometime in June. That'll give us more time to plan this thing out right, get sponsors, and get some fun things set up... we want this to be a fun event, not a sob-fest, Brandon wouldn't want it that way.

Everyone who rides in Metro Detroit is welcome to come, the more the merrier. We're also in talks with the Detroit TV stations to get this covered on the news.

Subscribe to the thread, I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks and be safe (but not boring)!!!:yeah

PLAYA-P 05-05-2010 08:43 PM

Prayers go out from Oregon wish I was closer.. Every rider is a brother R.I.P Brandon

F4iGuy 06-17-2010 09:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, the planning has been done and the event is set. The date is Saturday, July 10th 2010. We will be riding from Motor City Powersports in Bloomfield Hills, MI to CJ Mahoney's Bar and Grill in Troy, MI.

Registration begins at Motor City, where you will be given a T-Shirt and a wristband. At CJ Mahoneys we will have free food/drinks, music, various raffles and more.

Thanks to anyone who can make this ride, cars and bikes welcome (although the bikes will rightfully lead the pack!!!)

Here is a link to the facebook event page...

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=127071213980122"][/URL]

[url]http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=127071213980122[/url]

See you there!!! :yeah:yeah:yeah

F4iGuy 06-17-2010 10:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the flyer for the event...

F4iGuy 06-17-2010 10:01 AM

The registration form is the first picture I attached above, you can print and mail it in to pre-register.

F4iGuy 06-30-2010 01:59 PM

The ride is less than 2 weeks away! We've got an autographed Kid Rock guitar to auction off, courtesy of the Michigan Man himself!

Come on Detroit lets do it BIG!!! :cheers

F4iGuy 07-07-2010 04:58 PM

Here it is, the ride is THIS WEEKEND! It's supposed to be a perfect day to ride in Detroit, high of 83 degrees and no clouds... wish Brandon could be here to ride with us...

Everyone in the Detroit area please come out and show your support, we already have over 150 registered bikers coming out, this is not a ride to miss!!!

This one is for you Bro!!!! :yeah

btrflys 04-26-2011 10:46 AM

One year... hard to believe...

Is there going to be another ride this year?

F4iGuy 05-06-2011 08:09 PM

Hard to believe its been a year. We are planning another ride, but this year it will be minus the fundraiser. This will be for bikes only, with a party to follow that all are welcome to attend.

We are thinking of a long ride, something like 2 - 4 hrs, possibly from Troy, MI up into the thumb and back, with a possible bbq at a friends cottage in Caseville in between.

Planning is still ongoing, stay posted for the official plans...:cheers

We miss you B!

Twinstunts 10-24-2017 01:53 AM

Sorry to hear of your loss. R.I.P.
its a hard thing to deal with. I can't imagine what it must be like to be able to say that there is another person responsible for taking the life of a loved one. My twin brother Jon was killed in front of me and three months later my best friend was as well. Both were due to accidents and both were due to them making a mistake. My wife and I own a home in the small town of three oaks Michigan. I know that this happened a few years ago but the pain only dulls and never subsides. I know the feeling all to well and am always available to listen. If need be don't hesitate to take me up on that. Sometimes all it takes is to get the words out and the weight off your chest. I hope that all his loved ones are in a better situation financially and have begun to heal. Take care brother