Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Newbie Welcome Center (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/216-newbie-welcome-center)
-   -   Newbie (kinda) from Portland, OR (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/216-newbie-welcome-center/296822-newbie-kinda-portland.html)

biker4life85 07-31-2018 01:08 AM

Newbie (kinda) from Portland, OR

5 Attachment(s)
The reason I say (kinda) is because I got into motorcycles on a 05 Honda Shadow 750 and was hit by a drunk in a Toyota Tundra in 2008, went through a quite a bit of physical/brain trauma, coma, open break right leg, 2 breaks in jaw, atlanto occipital dislocation etc... For some reason, 10 years later, something like stunting with safety in mind (helmet, leathers, etc....) is calling out to me as a good hobby to get back into it to conquer my worst enemy or get over my motorcycle wreck that ended my blossoming career in the USAF... I've been getting into BMXing regularly up to 50 mile trips and getting lots of exercise so naturally I'm wanting to pull wheelies with my co-op DRT 1.2 mountain bike, I have a mountain bike, city hybrid bike, and cruiser with a burley to tow my child, I also have an acre or so dirt field to play around with my mountain bike! I am currently looking for a 636 or F41i because those seem to just be the best choices for this kind of hobby. Needless to say, if anyone has advice (especially in the Portland, OR area) for me or something like that go for it, but I'll be around these forums seeing if anyone has anything to say to me right now the only thing I know is:
Buy a 636 or F4i that has some stunt mods or install some and go start playing around with wheelies at different speeds/gears/front loading etc.. just getting a feel for the bike somewhere safe, if anyone has anymore advice then that let me know thanks!! FYI that picture of me is at about a month after my crash in 08... Now 10 years later I am much stronger/heavier ready to take my BMXing to the next level with at least trying stunt riding a street bike (looks like I can find a good starter for about $2,000, I don't have much interest in making a motorcycle a daily rider, yet HAHA!

biker4life85 08-03-2018 06:42 PM

Re: Newbie (kinda) from Portland, OR

Ok, so nobody says hi nothing, no OG stunt bike forum people or whatever, thats cool. Here is my plan now. I am going to look for a completely stock 636 between the years 2001 and 2006, a bike thats never been stunted. Then, after I get the bike I will get used to it slowly and start to put the cage on it and stuff as I am ready.. It has been 10 years guys, I am gonna make a comeback to motorcycle riding by getting a lightly used 636 and stunting it, never thought I would even ride again... I'm a real survivor guys, nothing fake here

TWITCH101 08-05-2018 06:46 AM

[left]Glad to see you recovered well. You can’t go wrong with the 636 or the f4i. Keep in mind the mint bikes are more and more difficult to find. But there still are some out there. My advice, first stunt part needs to be a crash cage, then a handbrake with stunt setup clip ons. That’ll give you all the starter bike you need until you start learning balance point. Play with sit downs and don’t focus too much on getting the wheelies high at first as much as learning to use the foot brake while in a wheelie. You’ll see what I mean. Other than that just take it easy and learn consistently. Don’t get in a hurry. Find a group to ride with and that’ll make it way more fun. Good luck. [/left]

biker4life85 08-05-2018 02:50 PM

[left]Thanks for the positive post man. I’m just wanting to get a lightly used bike and get real used it first. Then start putting stunt parts on it cage etc. Thanks for the advice. Be safe![/left]