Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Newbie Welcome Center (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/216-newbie-welcome-center)
-   -   Newbie learning. (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/216-newbie-welcome-center/174015-newbie-learning.html)

Skyler32034 11-16-2006 05:03 PM

Newbie learning.

Hey My name is Sha. I'm new to the site and wanted to say hi, and ask for some advice. I have a CBR600RR. had it since april, I love riding, but I'm wanting to get into some stunts. I don't really have alot of friends with bikes, well my family has them but I'm the only one with a crotch rocket, so I don't really have anyone to stunt with and can't seem to get the nerve up myself to try stunts. I think its mostly because I'm not sure where to start lol. Anyone have any advice on how I can get started stunting? Thanks guys.

ssteve 11-17-2006 02:52 AM

Re: Newbie learning.

[QUOTE=Skyler32034]Hey My name is Sha. I'm new to the site and wanted to say hi, and ask for some advice. I have a CBR600RR. had it since april, I love riding, but I'm wanting to get into some stunts. I don't really have alot of friends with bikes, well my family has them but I'm the only one with a crotch rocket, so I don't really have anyone to stunt with and can't seem to get the nerve up myself to try stunts. I think its mostly because I'm not sure where to start lol. Anyone have any advice on how I can get started stunting? Thanks guys.[/QUOTE]
Get rid of the rocket in your crotch:shruggs

ribbit

old duffer 11-17-2006 05:34 AM

[QUOTE=ssteve]

ribbit[/QUOTE]
? :shruggs

:hello sha

[b][url=http://autoinsurances.wearecares.net]Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance[/url] | [url=autoprotection.wearecares.net]Auto/Moto Protection Today[/url] | [url=trade-in.wearecares.net]FREE Trade-In Quote[/url][/b]

NjPunk 11-17-2006 08:59 AM

what up sha start by keeping that wheel up, stoppies stuff like that.

WHEELIE4U 11-17-2006 09:26 AM

:hello
take your time, start with just pulling the front end up and bringing it back down. keep doing that and trying to bring it a little higher each time, at some point your going to feel the front end get real light( will scare the sh1t out of you) and floaty, at that point your starting to hit BP.

at that point you want to practice getting the bike to that BP as fast a posible, keep the rear brake covered cause thats the only thing thats going to save your azz when you bring it behind BP.
once you get used to finding BP and getting to it fast, and learn rear brake control the rest will come really fast.

having a sh1tty bike that you dont care about will help as well, a nice minty bike will surely slow down your learning if you dont want to hurt your new bike. or a :fiddy for that matter.
good luck and take your time

Tiretrauma 11-17-2006 09:35 AM

[quote=WHEELIE4U]:hello
take your time, start with just pulling the front end up and bringing it back down. keep doing that and trying to bring it a little higher each time, at some point your going to feel the front end get real light( will scare the sh1t out of you) and floaty, at that point your starting to hit BP.

at that point you want to practice getting the bike to that BP as fast a posible, keep the rear brake covered cause thats the only thing thats going to save your azz when you bring it behind BP.
once you get used to finding BP and getting to it fast, and learn rear brake control the rest will come really fast.

having a sh1tty bike that you dont care about will help as well, a nice minty bike will surely slow down your learning if you dont want to hurt your new bike. or a :fiddy for that matter.
good luck and take your time[/quote]

+1

also, try to find someone in your area. Everyone is usually willing to help so find the stunt spot around you. Also, practic practice practice, this is the only thing that will get you anywhere!! :cheers

ssteve 11-17-2006 11:06 AM

[QUOTE=Old Duffer]? :shruggs

:hello sha[/QUOTE]
its a stock05 mexican thing.... He is shooting rocks out his wang so I thought I would cover for him.
ribbit=squid

50Outlaw 11-17-2006 11:09 AM

[QUOTE=NjPunk]what up sha start by keeping that wheel up, stoppies stuff like that.[/QUOTE]

:nono :nono :nono thats exactly what we DONT need... a newb tellin a newb how to do stuff...

hey sha, just ride your bike and get completly comfortable with it... it will call come in time

old duffer 11-17-2006 05:35 PM

[QUOTE=50Outlaw]:nono :nono :nono thats exactly what we DONT need... a newb tellin a newb how to do stuff...

hey sha, just ride your bike and get completly comfortable with it... it will call come in time[/QUOTE]
+1 When I got my bike I just charged around for a while until I was comfortable with the acceleration because I'd only been on dirtbikes before

[b][url=http://autoinsurances.wearecares.net]Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance[/url] | [url=autoprotection.wearecares.net]Auto/Moto Protection Today[/url] | [url=trade-in.wearecares.net]FREE Trade-In Quote[/url][/b]

old duffer 11-17-2006 05:37 PM

[QUOTE=ssteve]its a stock05 mexican thing.... He is shooting rocks out his wang so I thought I would cover for him.
ribbit=squid[/QUOTE]
got it :cheers

villa76 11-17-2006 06:52 PM

Just do it.

GORBO 11-17-2006 09:26 PM

yeah def get used to you bike first, throw a cage on it then take it out to a lot one day and in 1st & 2nd gear cut some circle left and right then get them tighter and tighter just so you can get a good feel of the bikes weight, throttle, and motor braking. feel you bike out until controlling it become very natural.
It would really help if you can link up with some guys to watch and have them walk you through some stoppie/wheelie steps. then you could try and have them give you advice on you attempts.
There are also some step by step post on here that you could look at. Remember that to be a good stunna you have to be a good rider first

old man roger 11-17-2006 10:18 PM

[quote=RonHightower]yeah def get used to you bike first, throw a cage on it then take it out to a lot one day and in 1st & 2nd gear cut some circle left and right then get them tighter and tighter just so you can get a good feel of the bikes weight, throttle, and motor braking. feel you bike out until controlling it become very natural.
It would really help if you can link up with some guys to watch and have them walk you through some stoppie/wheelie steps. then you could try and have them give you advice on you attempts.
There are also some step by step post on here that you could look at. Remember that to be a good stunna you have to be a good rider first[/quote]thats good advise but didnt you just say that exact thing to some one else:LOL

old man roger 11-17-2006 10:19 PM

or maybe i read it twice

stock05 11-17-2006 11:48 PM

[quote=Skyler32034]Hey My name is Sha. I'm new to the site and wanted to say hi, and ask for some advice. I have a CBR600RR. had it since april, I love riding, but I'm wanting to get into some stunts. I don't really have alot of friends with bikes, well my family has them but I'm the only one with a crotch rocket, so I don't really have anyone to stunt with and can't seem to get the nerve up myself to try stunts. I think its mostly because I'm not sure where to start lol. Anyone have any advice on how I can get started stunting? Thanks guys.[/quote]

EAT A DlCK SQUID!!! :YEAH RIBBBIT RIBBBIT!!!

-MEXICAN MAYHEM

50Outlaw 11-18-2006 12:29 AM

[QUOTE=RonHightower]yeah def get used to you bike first, throw a cage on it then take it out to a lot one day and in 1st & 2nd gear cut some circle left and right then get them tighter and tighter just so you can get a good feel of the bikes weight, throttle, and motor braking. feel you bike out until controlling it become very natural.
There are also some step by step post on here that you could look at. Remember that to be a good stunna you have to be a good rider first[/QUOTE]

yeah!!! cut a circle on your first day out to figure out brake control!!! how come i never saw that??

your a fookin retard hightower :2cents

50Outlaw 11-18-2006 12:31 AM

[QUOTE=stock05]EAT A DlCK SQUID!!! :YEAH RIBBBIT RIBBBIT!!!

-MEXICAN MAYHEM[/QUOTE]

shut up:nono

GORBO 11-18-2006 10:25 AM

[quote=50Outlaw]yeah!!! cut a circle on your first day out to figure out brake control!!! how come i never saw that??

your a fookin retard hightower :2cents[/quote]

why would anyone tell a newbie to do circle wheelies? regular circles

ur dumb

50Outlaw 11-18-2006 11:51 AM

[QUOTE=RonHightower]why would anyone tell a newbie to do circle wheelies? regular circles

ur dumb[/QUOTE]

well if you actualy READ her post she said she had been riding since april and wanted to get into some stunts.. which in turn makes think a thread about learning stunting right?? not learning how to ride your bike:2cents

old man roger 11-18-2006 11:54 AM

but at the end he said[ Remember that to be a good stunna you have to be a good rider first]