Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   Stunter Qualifications?? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/5287-stunter-qualifications.html)

Rick929 PBR 12-10-2002 11:28 PM

Stunter Qualifications??

Stunter, stunna, etc.....

what are the qualifications for a 'stunna'

do u just have 2 wheelie?? or do u need trix from the 4 categories?? or do 12z instantly make u a stunna??

whats the deal?

Rick929

Merk 12-10-2002 11:44 PM

i dont think you really gotta be worryin about that one!!

Kyle_PBZ 12-11-2002 12:07 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Merk350 [/i]
[B]i dont think you really gotta be worryin about that one!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Not to swell any heads, but, I think you guys got it covered!:twofinger

BigBalla 12-11-2002 12:32 AM

12's are begining to be more than just something nice to have in your bag. But alone, don't think they make u a stunna .

i think it's all in your presentation. when short wheelies, combos and the acrobatic stuff are done right, they all LOOK mindblowing. I think your flow is where it's at. I mean-you rode with NICE, that's the kinda a energy and fluidness that makes a stunna.

also jumping dirtbikes makes you a stunna:confused:

RANSOM 12-11-2002 12:43 AM

YEAH.

WELL SAID.:cool:

BigBalla 12-11-2002 12:44 AM

bye the way, Rick-i know we're close in age. (under 21) and i'm gonna be movin to south-FL soon. If you ever need someone to ride wit' or just fuck shit up, hit me up when i get down there!

aaron

Rick929 PBR 12-11-2002 12:45 AM

thanx for the props guys

kinda agree balla, i remember when the 'stunna' used to be the guy who could do a standup for a mile......then the 1 rockin tank wheelies/highchairs/short stoppies was the man...etc.....

i just keep hearing the word gettin spit out alot and im wonderin what the persons talkin bout

i thinks its kinda in the toss up stage like 'squid'

thanx for the input

(whenever ur ready)

Rick929

DSOG Thomas 12-11-2002 12:54 AM

all 4 categories

wheelies
stoppies
burnouts
acrobatics

if you cant do em all, you will lose! why should anyone who cant do stoppies or burnouts be able to call themselves the best "freestyle" rider in america and hold claim to any type of title??

of course I am biased since im the one that made that shit up and implemented in in the XSBA rulebook, but look how much that one thing has changed the competitions from 2001 and early 2002..... to now

Dan Jackson is the only rider to ever score a perfect 20 in variation at the XSBA, he did it at portland during his qualifying run.... which was in my opinion, the best run of the entire year... I think his total score was a 95

anyways, im rambling
later
thomas

hessogood 12-11-2002 11:35 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DSOG Thomas [/i]
[B]all 4 categories

wheelies
stoppies
burnouts
acrobatics

[/B][/QUOTE]

yo Thomas,

What do you think about adding a catagory to that something like overall show, fluidness, crowd pleasing....etc Sometimes you can meet all those catagories on a junk run, there is a good amount of showmanship involved, nah mean? just a thought

Brian_C6 12-11-2002 12:11 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by hessogood [/i]
[B]yo Thomas,

What do you think about adding a catagory to that something like overall show, fluidness, crowd pleasing....etc Sometimes you can meet all those catagories on a junk run, there is a good amount of showmanship involved, nah mean? just a thought [/B][/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Although Dan Jackson is a good stunt rider I don't think his performance execution rates up with Chauncey. Why should someone win the event based on his "attempts" rather than overall performance / completion? Chauncey pulls off 3 minutes of random tricks, never repeated, perfectly executed, but doesn't win because he didn't stop and do a donut?

I just don't see why someone who has "sack" will always win over skill.

[B]Quality over Quantity[/B] :D

Lata,
Bri

PS. I am by no means disrespecting Dan Jackson. I am mearly using him as an example to challenge your post. He is a very talented rider and he has my vote for one of the top dogs tpday. I'm just laying your post down on the table.

John LegionST 12-11-2002 03:58 PM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by bri_dte [/i]
[B]Agreed.

Although Dan Jackson is a good stunt rider I don't think his performance execution rates up with Chauncey. Why should someone win the event based on his "attempts" rather than overall performance / completion? Chauncey pulls off 3 minutes of random tricks, never repeated, perfectly executed, but doesn't win because he didn't stop and do a donut?

I just don't see why someone who has "sack" will always win over skill.

[B]Quality over Quantity[/B] :D

Lata,
Bri
[/B][/QUOTE]

I completely agree! Today it's pretty much a given that anyone competing on this level can do a donut, so why should someone be penalized for NOT doing an easy/basic trick. Smoothness/execution of harder and newer tricks should carry MUCH more weight in scoring!

Oh, and any rider trying hard to stunt, not just doing wheelies, but really trying to get better and that is able to compete is a stunna i think! The ones who inovate, always have the hardest tricks on lock and are WINNING comps are just the PIMP/GANGSTA STUNNAS!:apimp

DSOG Thomas 12-11-2002 05:48 PM

I dont understand these arguments? if you apply it to the XSBA its like arguing to me that the sky is blue.... Who won at daytona? Chauncey, He also won at portland, so whats the arguement there?

the judging used to be 10 points for variation, and 10 points for number of tricks.... thats how sack wins over skill... if you have someone who can do apehangers cliffhangers no handed wheelies and circles... but cant do endos or acrobatics or burnouts should they beat everyone else in a freestyle event?? hmmmm...

now... what if they can do all sorts of insane acrobatics and some wheelies....but no burnouts or endos.....you wouldnt want to see them winning then huh??? I bet not

basically, if you are just good at one certain thing, you wont win at XSBA freestyle, thats why we are slowly implementing other contests...like the longest stoppie

and trust me its not a given that everyone at this level can do burnouts, I know a few people who we all respect that cant, or couldnt a few months ago!..... Chauncey didnt do any in his qualifying run at pocono.... he still qualified... as a matter of fact Chauncey does repeat tricks on occasion... he did 2 no handed wheelies in that same run at pocono!!!! still qualified, so whats the point? HIS SKILL KEPT HIM IN THE TOP!

Look at Chaunceys daytona winning run, he didnt do anything especially difficult (well anything on his normal level lol) and he won, by 1 point... but if Dan Jackson would have gotten that backwards burnout in time before the checkered flag came out, he would have won... thats just the way shit goes though.

the fluidness and showmanship is included in the overall run score in the XSBA judging

overall- 40 points- smoothness/crowd pleasing/well thought out?
execution- 20 points- how well you did your tricks
difficulty- 20 points- how hard are the tricks you did
variation- 20 points, variation is broken down into 4 categories, a rider can earn 5 points for 5 different wheelies, 5 for 5 different stoppies, 5 for acrobatics, and 5 for burnouts....

for example if you do no burnouts, you cost yourself 5 points, that can be serious shit when you lose by like 3 points huh?

i dunno, i just dont think those arguments can apply to the XSBA. bottom line is that you have to show us that you are well rounded rider to win, Thats why its called "freestyle" shit i know kids doin mad 12's now... cant do no endos, no burnouts, never even tried acrobatics.... should they be winning a freestyle event?? or should they just enter the wheelie contest??

Thomas

DSOG Thomas 12-11-2002 05:51 PM

Brian were you even arguing with me?

i dunno i just re read it agin, I dont knwo who u were arguing with

im cuntfused lol

MikeM 12-11-2002 07:14 PM

Back to the original question. To be a good stunter you need all that shit, but to be just a stunter, you dont need any tricks at all. Its just your attitude about riding. We all started with the high speed low altitude garbage wheelies. We sucked, but we were still stunters. If you'd rather practice wheelies than hit corners, you're a stunter.

Reckless01 12-11-2002 08:23 PM

i know i just pose as a stunna, its my secret identity....i jus put a decal in my windscreen and try to get people to look at me like im kool....lol....i even dropped my bike a few times so itll look crunchy, am i cool?....shhhh dont tell ok.....its a secret:jester :jester

ZANNMANN 12-11-2002 08:25 PM

hmmm, what makes someone a stunter. i mean its so hard to say. theres so many peeps out there trying hard to be good, practicing all the time and even more. coming up with new tricks. i think everyone that puts there HEART into it,has dreams about riding, and gets back on there bike after they fall is a stunter,or at least they will be someday.

ZANNMANN

Reckless01 12-11-2002 08:34 PM

Its just your attitude about riding. We all started with the high speed low altitude garbage wheelies. We sucked, but we were still stunters. If you'd rather practice wheelies than hit corners, you're a stunter. "MIKE M"

i agree with that bro...attitude is where it is

JAGMAN 12-11-2002 09:28 PM

The question that has been on everyones mind...I wondered when it would come to this now that we are getting bigger as a sport. What makes you stunter??? Hmmmm???

I guess I agree with many points of many of the posts. There are and always will be different levels of riders out there. I think for guys to say that the "newbie" who just started doing endos and wheelies is not a stunter is maybe unfair, but I also agree that just because you can do them doesn't make you a stunter.

Stunter is not a title...it is a way of life...it consumes you...you cannot wait till you can get back on your bike to try the new trick or to perfect your latest one. If you worked this hard at anything else it would be work, and you would hate it! You will spend your last dime to get your bike fixed so you can ride, and you will leave your car broken down if it meant you would miss an event or chance to ride! You pick riding first and anything else a very distant second. You go to work only so you can play!

Stunter is not a skill level...it is a mind set! Let's all stick together!

My 2 pennies...

JAGMAN:jester

rotgg 12-11-2002 10:17 PM

a stunter is one that stunts there are all levels of stunting but i think that if u make a effort to learn new tricks and get better u are a stunter

DSOG Thomas 12-11-2002 10:43 PM

I think yall right about the want and desire thing.... i was on another level on some other shit..... my bad im just passionate about the XSBA after all the shit i put in it this year