Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   The Asphalt Magazine is going to bed. (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/52713-asphalt-magazine-going-bed.html)

dot 01-05-2004 09:38 PM

The Asphalt Magazine is going to bed.

Print is dead!

A long over due explanation! As of September 15, 2003 the Asphalt Magazine is going to sleep. We are taking a break from print. We are planning to continue our venture towards an online based magazine. Something we firmly believe to be a smart move for us and a move that would definitely benefit you, the readers.

It has never been in my nature to talk about my plans or vision instead what I like to do is show you what we are becoming. Just like what we did with the print magazine. We plan to launch our site sometime in 2004, hopefully mid-year.

We will be properly refunding subscribers their remaining subscription. Please be patient and do not worry, we have no intentions on taking anyone for a ride.

I would like to take this time to thank the people that helped us. Hope I don’t forget anyone…

1. My wife, Jen: For the time and sacrifice
2. Foto: Those beautiful pictures and for being a friend and advisor
3. Dennis “Dman” Vazquez : For the respect, trust and support. An owner who supported the magazine from the start.
4. Xtreme Riders: These guys has always been great supporter of the magazine. always there for us,
5. Hugo: flowed us with film in the beginning.
6. Kaled : never judge a book by its cover.
7. Strong Island Ryders: First interview, a team that supported us from the start help us in our long island distro. A bunch of great riders, I thank them all.
8. Steve Palumbo: First interview and an amazing rider, just add alcohol for crazy times. thank you.
9. Sara Dorey: A friend who help us with the articles.
10. Ron Taylor: Came with me and helped me out at some shows
11. Gnice: For introducing me to the real stunt world.
12. Ruthless Tactics: for taking me to crazy shows and watching my back
13. Underground Riders: for being professional and devoted riders.
14. Wa: Congratulations on the new baby and a friend.
15. Brandon Ulrich and family: Welcoming me to their home and trust
16. Rick Payne: The man with style and devotion. Wish all the best.
17. Duc: for not running me over.
18. Laura Walker: Two years a ago I came across here website and was amazed by her. Never thought I meet her one day. It was an honor.
19. Redline Jimmy: Thank you for the support and believing.
20. Redline Team: The Nicest Team, Actually calling them a team would be improper they’re a family.
21. Patrick Stevens: a rare breed, not scared to express himself. Great guy, great riders.
22. Kyle Wood: Mastermind, Entertainer.
23. Greg and Arron, Geared Up: Team with a mission, hope to interview you one day. Crazy MFERs.
24. Thew Blankstrom: Thanks, your support means a lot. One of the great riders of our time.
25. Nefarious: Crazy obsessive friend. Thanks for all your support, I really appreciate it.
26. Wild Bill: Great guy, guy. Thanks
27. Vertical Outlaws: Even though I live 7 hours from them I manage to get to know them so well, down to earth team that’s taking down names. Always will to help out.
28. Vertical Jay: thank you for all your help and encouragement.
29. Vertical Joe: opening your home to us.
30. Vertical Dave: Congratulations and for that party
31. Vertical Chris: Chickenf*cker
32. Core 6: A great team that just wants to ride.
33. C6 Damien: Amazing Plumber. Amazing Prankster. Amazing Rider, Thank you.
34. C6 Chris Mcneil: Superman? A stunter, A racer, A teacher.
35. C6 James: I still owe you a punch in the head. Ouch!
36. C6 Brian: fellow designer and friend. 180 stopper.
37. C6 Chauncey: Wonderboy, amazing and inspiring rider a legend in my book.
38. Shugga of stuntlife: a friend, thank you.
39. Madge: supporter, believer an amazing lady.
40. Gorka: The quiet one. Stoppie king
41. Madison of libby’s: number one supporter. Thanks
42. Rommel: Amazing rider, another quiet one.
43. Gill Conde: I would vote as most improved
44. Pete of SOI: Thanks for believing in the magazine
45. Jay of SOI: thanks for the support
46. Roger: where the hell are you?
47. Mark of Motopimps: will be talking
48. Mark from MPZ: most progressive rider
49. Jeff from MPZ: thanks for the your support
50. Tony from MPZ: wish I had more time to hang out with
51. Jerry from Renu: thanks for the support and all the time and help. Congratulations on the new baby.
52. John form Renu: helping out on the centerfold shoots.
53. Merk and Project: two of the craziest and funniest mutherflapper I have ever meet.
54. Rodger and the CC: thanks for the support. Keep the bus running.
55. Lucifer and the LOD: the largest bike club I have ever met and probably the scariest. Thanks for the time and support.
56. Iceburg and the eastcoast Badboyz: thanks for the support
57. Jamal gyneme: best event throwers.
58. Jen and Dirty B. (NSRA): good luck with the new organization. Two of the nicest people I have met in the circuit. Hope to see you guys soon.
59. Thomas (XSBA): Gangsta. Thanks brother
60. Gina: One crazy female.
61. Starboy Scott and the starboyz: Legends, thank you for what you have done for the sport and supporting the magazine.
62. Crazy Dan Jackson: one of the craziest peep I meet in the sport. Congratulation on your XSBA title.
63. Tony D.: thanks for the support. Your not such a bad guy.
64. Ronnie Reality: A pain in the ass. thanks.
65. Scott legion: you stud muffin can't wait to see you back up here. taking down names. whens the next road trip.
66. Sclevela: days of entertianment. good luck with the video.

(This is just a fraction of the people I want to thank. This is a unfinished list I will be adding more as soon I remember or find the more time to finish the list. you can find a copy of this list on [url]www.theasphalt.com[/url])

We will be properly refunding subscribers their remaining subscription money. Please be patient and do not worry, we have no intentions on taking anyone for a ride.

See you here in 2004

Thank you,
Martin Bunyi
The asphalt magazine.

shugga 01-06-2004 06:38 AM

Thanks for the explaiation bro! I cant wait for your new site! Its gonna be hotter than your magazine!!!:cheers

Kelm 01-06-2004 06:49 AM

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

RedlineJimmy 01-06-2004 06:49 AM

Long live Asphalt....

Sad to see the magazine go, but after seeing the rough layout of the web design I am sure it will be a success. It was great meeting you and look forward to seeing you at future events.

verticaljay 01-06-2004 07:45 AM

Re: Long live Asphalt....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RedlineJimmy [/i]
[B]Sad to see the magazine go, but after seeing the rough layout of the web design I am sure it will be a success. It was great meeting you and look forward to seeing you at future events. [/B][/QUOTE]

Ditto:apimp

SPINE 01-06-2004 10:11 AM

Sorry to hear this but I'm glad I got a few of your magazines.

Good luck on the site!

:cheers

atnuts 01-06-2004 10:49 AM

I enjoyed the mag:( I'm sure the site will be just as rockin:cheers

Good luck;)

-jr

Dirty B 01-06-2004 10:55 AM

Good luck with you new venture Martin. I'm sure it will be successfull.:cheers

kirk newcomer 01-06-2004 01:09 PM

that's a real shame, i enjoyed your magazine alot. good luck

GreggV 01-06-2004 09:01 PM

good luck with everything.....Cant wait until the site is up.......:apimp

NINER 01-06-2004 09:15 PM

Are there any back issues available for sale by chance?

-Rodger- 01-06-2004 11:05 PM

:usa :band2 :fiddy :apimp :fiddy

Mark_MPZ 01-07-2004 09:41 AM

Martin, sorry to see the print copy go, but definitely looking forward to the site.
good luck
Mark

Jay Carnes 01-07-2004 12:08 PM

Good Luck Martin

Robbie 01-07-2004 01:46 PM

Good luck in the future!!!:cheers

vertical_joe 01-07-2004 05:04 PM

:hello

Enjoyed the magzine alot........but enjoyed a new friendship more! Martin and Jen you are always welcome at my house! I hope this does not mean the end of attending competitions and shows! Best of luck with everything, I am looking forward to the web site!

Vertical Joe

sclevela 01-07-2004 05:23 PM

martin...............good luck bro

jenn................martin is gay when are u going to realiuze this and stop funding his lil whims.................ppppppppffffffffftttttttt a stunt web site like u could pull that off......................:moon :hello :Dsmile

dot 01-07-2004 09:22 PM

thank you list continued and still workin' on it...

69. Tim Barnes: thanks for all the advice and guidance.
70. Evan and Drew Stone:Evan wish had more time to get to know you. Drew, a tough new yorker. star makers keep up the great work.
71.Nathan, Corrine, Jessie and Pedro: support group, builders and friends. thank you for the many times you listened to my insane roller coaster of adventure.
73. Tara of C6: My favorite girlfriend.
74. Psychogang: How can i forget the most organized team of the community. Thank for all your help and support. jagman, mike, joe, brian.
75. George Rodrigez: pretty bike, amazing style.
76. Wheelie Boyz: Jon Jon, thanks for the time really appreciated it. Mario thanks for the great pics.
77.Johnny Kula: thank you.
78. Drew: friend, thank you for hosting the site. keep racing.
79. Kevin Anistasia: Great rider, never gave up riding that crazy scooter.
80. Chris and Shannon of Kickstand and Wheelies: Thanks for having at the shop. Keep up the good work.
81. Kenny Pryde: Wow. thank you for helping us out. hopefully one I will be able to pay you back.
82. Reckless Methods: for introducing me to gray goose.

verticaldave 01-07-2004 10:45 PM

martin your the man!!!!!!!! good luck, give me a call some time , keep in touch!!!!!!!!!!!:hello

GRAY GOOSE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott_LegionST 01-07-2004 10:47 PM

martin and jen, glad to hear from you guys.

gonna miss the print mag but looking forward to the site.

best of luck w/ everything. call me if you ned a ride.:hello