Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   check out rolling stone mag. new issue (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/34117-check-out-rolling-stone.html)

starboyscott 09-18-2003 12:53 PM

check out rolling stone mag. new issue

ok we have a little bit in new stones mag..
here is the deal, it was to be a 3-4 page article at first.
the writer spent 3 weeks gathering info and buying up photos.

when the rolling stones mag. editors got a hold of the original article they down sized it..
why, well here is my theory.

there afraid..
they didnt want to dedicate that much space to something they are not sure about.;
the problem is that when it comes to making this sport grow, the sponsors and magazines inorder to cover more or invest more they have to know that there is a popular demand for it.
this main street market is where it needs to go.
we know that the sport is huge in our stunt riding world, we just need to get it out to the average person.

magazines like rolling stones is a great way to get there...

so go pick up the mag., then in a good way email rolling stones and tell them you want more, no, that you need more info on stunt riding....want to see more shit about the sport and such...

if they dont get a reaction from the little article, then they will not have a reason to do another one...

also check out what jeff caraboolad has to say about stunt riding in rolling stones...

nags 09-18-2003 12:59 PM

nice... i'm gonna head out now to take a look

PUCK 09-18-2003 01:04 PM

whos jeff caraboolad, i thought your name was scott? gonna go check it out now.

WETPAVEMENT 09-18-2003 01:05 PM

congrats Scott! I'll do it for sure! Shit, I've got about 5 different email addresses, I'll do it from every single one!

GautamCity 09-18-2003 01:18 PM

is this the issue with Britney on the cover?

GMO750 09-18-2003 01:23 PM

ah....

Now that's some good F'in publicity!

as usual.... good job scott

R1Aaron 09-18-2003 01:47 PM

Re: check out rolling stone mag. new issue

[QUOTE]
the writer spent 3 weeks gathering info and buying up photos.
[/QUOTE]

No joke--that guy called me a few weeks ago and we spent at least an hour on the phone. He was asking me everything stunting--not just the Starboyz, but stunting in general, competitions in particular, the XSBA, who else was hot in stunting, etc., etc., etc. They've got plenty of info for another story.

I'm pretty sure it was the last issue, with Jimi Hendrix on the cover, not the current Brittney ish.

Aaron Frank
Editor, Super Streetbike

SPINE 09-18-2003 02:05 PM

Anyone know which issue this is in for sure. Someone let us know but I'm gonna hunt it down after work...

:cheers

starboyscott 09-18-2003 10:13 PM

they have tons of shit to do a huge story, thats the problem, unless they get a lot of interest, they will not run another one...
half the issue was to be dedicated to motorcycles in general...
youll see what really happened....

its the issue with jimmy hendrix on the cover, issue 931, look for kevin he looks like a child molester, my hair needs watered, and they changed my name to jeff.
metz has a nice write up in it also...

[url]http://www.rollingstone.com/help/contactus.asp[/url]

p.s.
aaron email me [email]scott@starboyz.com[/email], i have to tell you some questions.......................

kirk newcomer 09-18-2003 10:16 PM

i can't say i've ever bought a copy of rolling stone. i didn't even know they had a magazine. find out wich one and i'll pick one up.

CRAZY DAN 09-18-2003 10:35 PM

damn.....where have you been?

LOL

bler 09-18-2003 10:46 PM

nicey nice !! way to get out there and help the sport progress !

billydeez 09-19-2003 06:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lets keep it going. Put a little time to let the mag know.

vertical_tim 09-19-2003 07:28 PM

nice i'm going to get myself a copy. Great work guys. :cheers