Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   Asking for any help in getting involved (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/294754-asking-any-help-getting.html)

jeeper5usa 06-18-2013 03:07 PM

Asking for any help in getting involved

Ok, Please be gentle and go easy on me. This is my first post, I'm new here. I really would like to get started with stunt riding and I'm new to this and just looking how to take my first few steps. I had owned a Suzuki DR650, a 2009 Honda Ruckus, and currently own a 2009 Aprilia Sportcity 250 now. I know not the ideal platform for stunts and not planning on stunting it, so know I would probaly have to get a bike first or eventually, but can someone please give me some ideas/information/comments on how I can get started into stunt riding? I am located in central NJ (Middlesex County) and wish to take some courses but no luck finding any. I guess my questions are how do I get safely get started? Are there any local courses that I could take to help me advance my riding skills other then the basic riding courses. Are there any local clubs in NJ on where to learn? Thank you for any comments in helping me get started in my interest here.

DARKS1D3 06-19-2013 04:22 AM

Re: Asking for any help in getting involved

First, Welcome to StuntLife. Second im from central cali and the MSF Course here offers beginner skills and an advanced class for sport riders. the instructor was cool and helped us with learning wheelies and stoppies. some gear to get would be a a good leather jacket, knee pads, and a good pair shoes or riding boots, i personally have icon spin protector, ico elbow guards, icon knee guards, and alpinestar gloves and boots. the only prob ive had is my shoulders not being protected but parking lot stunts arent to hard. the bike you stunt be sure to have a good stunt cage. you can also get extra protection by ordering rear pegs and radiator covers, etc. if your looking for local guys to ride/stunt with just search your local area on here and ive seen guys post threads about NJ and meeting up. if you cant find anything start a thread or maybe some guys will hit u up on this thread

Sparky88 06-24-2013 05:18 PM

DARKS1D3, good advice as always.

Good to see more people getting into the sport. :cheers
You should get a bike that's a little more common to stunting. That way parts will be easy to find and competitively priced. I don't think you'll be able to find any cages, sub cages, round bars etc for those bikes. The bikes everyone is riding tend to stand the abuse a little better also.

Good luck dude. Just remember, you might feel dumb for asking a stupid question but you'll stay dumb if you don't ask!

adrianr6 07-05-2013 11:15 PM

hey anyone know where i can find a dual slider crash cage for an 07 yzf r6? only finding for r6s models

DARKS1D3 07-09-2013 07:09 AM

[quote=adrianr6;4436624]hey anyone know where i can find a dual slider crash cage for an 07 yzf r6? only finding for r6s models[/quote]

im a lil confused what your asking? yzf-r6 and a r6 are the same thing?

Sparky88 07-09-2013 10:04 PM

I agree, I thought they only made the R6.
No S models or anything...