Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   How am I doin (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/293573-how-am-i-doin.html)

_TWITCH_16 10-13-2012 01:55 PM

How am I doin

Alright i started stunt riding a month-ish ago, so far i can skitch, stand on the seat of my bike (a christ I think its called), I can do sit-down, and staggered wheelies (on sit downs I bounce in and out of Balance Point, havnt hastered it yet). I feel like im learning slow and its pissin me off, what do yall think? Should I be getting these down faster? How long did it take yall?
And if anyone knows of a list of stunts/tricks to do on your bike can you tell me where to find it? Im runnin out of stuff to eventually learn.

Suzukilover87 10-13-2012 02:08 PM

Re: How am I doin

I finally learned to actually catch idle, now I'm starting circles......there a pain but I just started myself about August

_TWITCH_16 10-13-2012 02:11 PM

[quote=Suzukilover87;4431861]I finally learned to actually catch idle, now I'm starting circles......there a pain but I just started myself about August[/quote]

I dont even know where to start with catching idle

Suzukilover87 10-13-2012 03:10 PM

I did it standing staggered, just bring it past balance and use the brake to keep it at balance, easier said than done of course

_TWITCH_16 10-13-2012 03:31 PM

[quote=Suzukilover87;4431866]I did it standing staggered, just bring it past balance and use the brake to keep it at balance, easier said than done of course[/quote]
what do I need to have my idle set at on my 650?

Suzukilover87 10-13-2012 08:56 PM

Mines set about 2500, I'm runnin 8psi in rear tires its good and stable, but everyone's different

swampy 10-16-2012 02:57 AM

[quote=_TWITCH_16;4431860]Alright i started stunt riding a month-ish ago, so far i can skitch, stand on the seat of my bike (a christ I think its called), I can do sit-down, and staggered wheelies (on sit downs I bounce in and out of Balance Point, havnt hastered it yet).I dont even know where to start with catching idle[/quote]

i combined the two quotes but if your bouncing in and out of balance point and dont know how to catch idle then your not hitting balace point cuz you would know...unless your doing all highway stuff which either way for the most part i cant see you at bp yet unless your putting in alot of seat time...pretty much if your using all throttle till your start hitting the red line then your not at bp if your on the highway or the lot....

plus everyones learning curve is differnet and the amount of time you put into it also makes a big differance...

[quote=Suzukilover87;4431874]Mines set about 2500, I'm runnin 8psi in rear tires its good and stable, but everyone's different[/quote]

i run around 3000 rmp and about 15 psi in the rear tire...if your running at 650rmp if memory serves me right your bike wouldnt even stay running...most are set at about 1200 stock but i could be wrong been a long time since ive riden a normal bike lol

Suzukilover87 10-16-2012 11:35 AM

[QUOTE=swampy;4431946]

i run around 3000 rmp and about 15 psi in the rear tire...if your running at 650rmp if memory serves me right your bike wouldnt even stay running...most are set at about 1200 stock but i could be wrong been a long time since ive riden a normal bike lol[/QUOTE]

See everyone's different, I found a lower psi made the bike more stable for slow speeds, for highway I use 12-15 for stability at higher speeds

_TWITCH_16 10-16-2012 08:49 PM

[quote=swampy;4431946]i combined the two quotes but if your bouncing in and out of balance point and dont know how to catch idle then your not hitting balace point cuz you would know...unless your doing all highway stuff which either way for the most part i cant see you at bp yet unless your putting in alot of seat time...pretty much if your using all throttle till your start hitting the red line then your not at bp if your on the highway or the lot....

plus everyones learning curve is differnet and the amount of time you put into it also makes a big differance...

i run around 3000 rmp and about 15 psi in the rear tire...if your running at 650rmp if memory serves me right your bike wouldnt even stay running...most are set at about 1200 stock but i could be wrong been a long time since ive riden a normal bike lol[/quote]

yea i figured i wasnt at BP. I was practicin a bit today and I hit BP and your right I deffinitely knew. It wasnt bouncy, alot smoother.
And to catch idle, do I just get up to BP and let the idle carry me? do i completely let off throttle?

swampy 10-16-2012 11:07 PM

[quote=_TWITCH_16;4431976]yea i figured i wasnt at BP. I was practicin a bit today and I hit BP and your right I deffinitely knew. It wasnt bouncy, alot smoother.
And to catch idle, do I just get up to BP and let the idle carry me? do i completely let off throttle?[/quote]

yep, for idle you got to get use to hitting bp as quick as you can so your at slow speed...but for the most part the idle will pull you along and you use the brake to steady it but you will also need throttle once and awhile to get you back to bp too...so its a lot of back and forth to finally figure and smooth it out... especially once you start doing combos and circles but for straight line stuff the idle should be pulling you thats why you have it turned up...like i said its all about the amount of time you put on your bike

_TWITCH_16 10-17-2012 04:06 PM

Well my bike is my daily driver, so im on it all the time and when im not goin somewhere im practicing, so hopefully it shouldnt take long

PavementEater 10-19-2012 11:45 AM

God I haven't been here in a while.

When learning to 12 you flat that tire out to death so you dont wobble side/side. when learning circles you have more psi in the tire so it's way more stable when on that incline and can actually dip and turn without losing it.

everybody is different, but in all it always takes practice.