Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   Balance point (beyond irritated) (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/293558-balance-point-beyond-irritated.html)

_TWITCH_16 10-11-2012 11:15 AM

Balance point (beyond irritated)

Ive been doing wheelies for a bit, i get up to what im assuming is right under balance point, then i run out of RPM's and lose it. What i wanna know, is what does BP feel like? I know everybody describes it different, so i want everyone description of it, then i can kinda work with it to see how close i am. And another popular topic, but is it easier to reach balance point sit down? or staggered?

also, i ride a ninja 650r with drag bars instead of stock, has anyone tried wheelies with this bike? In second its a pain to get front wheel up, sit-down or staggered, and in 3rd it just isnt gonna happen. If anyone out there has this bike, what did you do to overcome this? Thanks all

Suzukilover87 10-11-2012 11:28 AM

Re: Balance point (beyond irritated)

Position is personal preference but staggereds seem to be easier starting out

_TWITCH_16 10-11-2012 11:33 AM

id gotten pretty good a sit-downs, i was under the impression that it was easier that way, i did a few staggered today and BIG difference. Gonna take more work at it tho

Nappy 10-11-2012 02:01 PM

First off, you need to have proper technique...

Clutch it up from a slow speed. The faster you go, the harder to catch balance point.

Catch the bike with tthe rear brake lightly. Feather the rear brake as needed. But to be at balance point, you're gonna feel like it's going over backwards. It's not.... You still have plenty of distance to catch the brake.

Then practice practice practice....

_TWITCH_16 10-11-2012 02:15 PM

thanks for the help guys, but i FINALLY HIT BP!!! it was the best feeling in the world, i rode it a good ways then let it down and celebrated lol i did it in a sit-down though, now to nail it in staggered

_TWITCH_16 10-11-2012 02:17 PM

[QUOTE=Nappy;4431789]First off, you need to have proper technique...

Clutch it up from a slow speed. The faster you go, the harder to catch balance point.

Catch the bike with tthe rear brake lightly. Feather the rear brake as needed. But to be at balance point, you're gonna feel like it's going over backwards. It's not.... You still have plenty of distance to catch the brake.

Then practice practice practice....[/QUOTE]

and your right, i felt like i was about to loop out, but i nutted up and kept it anyways and there it was!

Z_stunts 11-27-2019 03:29 PM

I’ve been having the same problem with my 07 ninja 650 bro I thought my clutch was slipping

2011_6IXXER 02-01-2020 08:46 PM

I think the problem may be not getting it up high enough fast enough.

I spent a couple days bouncing my front end up... not riding anything out. It helped a lot