Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   Round Bar or SCrape Bar (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/293125-round-bar-scrape-bar.html)

kapzanass1 08-21-2012 02:00 PM

Round Bar or SCrape Bar

was wondering whats the best option for a begginer ... round bar ... or scrape bar???

cmdrep 08-21-2012 10:16 PM

Re: Round Bar or SCrape Bar

Im new, but i would imagine a scrape bar (if by that you mean a flat 12 bar) they're a little more stable i would imagine. And open up a wider range of tricks. with a round bar you can only drag the back end. being that they're round, they aren't stable so you can't balance the bike on them like you could a flat 12 bar. just my .02, but im new so hopefully an experienced rider can get on and clear things up for us lol

swampy 08-21-2012 11:00 PM

[quote=cmdrep;4430187]Im new, but i would imagine a scrape bar (if by that you mean a flat 12 bar) they're a little more stable i would imagine. And open up a wider range of tricks. with a round bar you can only drag the back end. being that they're round, they aren't stable so you can't balance the bike on them like you could a flat 12 bar. just my .02, but im new so hopefully an experienced rider can get on and clear things up for us lol[/quote]

no...no...no!!!!!!:LOL

experianced riders are better off with 12 bars (scrape bars) for a begginer they are going to be the end of ya...reason why is because if you dont hit that bar straight on its gonna make you loop everytime which makes it hard as hell to save...thats why most pros go with round bars and holes in the seats now...the hole in the seat is like having the open space on the scrape bar so you can do all the same tricks....

ROUND BAR ALL THE WAY BUD!!!!!!!!!!! Trust me you will be able to save yourself a whole lot of trouble and money and pain

kapzanass1 08-22-2012 02:35 PM

fucckk lol I already orderd the scrape bar... hopefully they can change it ... i emailed the company hopefully they can switch it .. if not looks like imma be learning the hard way lol

a913life 08-22-2012 08:46 PM

[quote=kapzanass1;4430214]fucckk lol I already orderd the scrape bar... hopefully they can change it ... i emailed the company hopefully they can switch it .. if not looks like imma be learning the hard way lol[/quote]
If you don't install or tamper with it they should refund the order....

cmdrep 08-23-2012 12:37 AM

So a round bar is more stable when dragging at 12 o clock than a flat bar? How does that work? lmao. I get that you can still do tricks with a round bar now, but the other part doesn't make sense to me. Im not trying to tell you you're wrong, i'd just like more info because im honestly confused lol.

swampy 08-23-2012 10:46 PM

[quote=cmdrep;4430227]So a round bar is more stable when dragging at 12 o clock than a flat bar? How does that work? lmao. I get that you can still do tricks with a round bar now, but the other part doesn't make sense to me. Im not trying to tell you you're wrong, i'd just like more info because im honestly confused lol.[/quote]

no if you comeback and park it then yeah the twelve bar is more stable but the round bar if you come back to far when your starting out theres nothing to catch it will just scrape and give you a better oportunty to step off the bike with out worrying about it digging in and just looping the hell out of the bike...its very rare to see 12 bars anymore because like i said if you dont hit them perfectly flat on the ground more then likely its gonna make you loop the bike before you get a chance to save it..trust me round bars overall are just better especially for beginners

bicycleryder 08-30-2012 07:37 AM

Makes sense, round bar it is lol

zeus_r6 08-30-2012 09:44 AM

Round bar

bigred42 09-10-2012 01:46 PM

when i started i used a scrape bar and almost ate it when i hit it because i wasnt perfectly straight. I was leaning to the left and then it threw me to the right. go round bar and use the rear seat cut out for your foot