Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   Bike wont wheelie ?? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/292974-bike-wont-wheelie.html)

12oclocksumwher 08-02-2012 04:36 PM

Bike wont wheelie ??

bought a 06 636 for good deal and am turning it into a stunt bike I put a 54t on the back but it dosnt wanna come up ... any suggestions should i go -1 in front. :banghead

Sfighter900 08-02-2012 05:14 PM

Re: Bike wont wheelie ??

woah man, if i could pick up my F4i with stock sprockets, im sure a 54 can some up.

kiamo 08-02-2012 05:52 PM

first gear with the clutch in, rev to around 8000rpm, and dump the clutch. It should come up no problem.

kapzanass1 08-02-2012 06:41 PM

CLUTCH IT UP BABY !!! lol i get my stock honda cbr up .... you can do it for sure man... and even without popping it ... get it to about 10 miles an hour let loose of the throttle so the bike goes forward and crack that throttle back im sure it will power up specially on a 56 tooth sprocket...

12oclocksumwher 08-02-2012 07:03 PM

i kno i can ride one on my 1000 and my buddys got the same bike with 53t his comes up fine ... is there something the guy before me coulda done to it that im missing ... he had it lowered but i put the stock dogbones back on ...

kiamo 08-02-2012 07:18 PM

I don't really understand... if you can't pop it up like that, then the bike must have a problem and no power. Can you rev it clean? Or does it stutter?

Can you drive it around normally? I'm still new, but it really sounds like the bike must have some sort of serious problem. Did you remember to put the chain on your 54? jk ;)

12oclocksumwher 08-02-2012 07:23 PM

yea it rides fine, i thought maby it was down a cyl or something but sounds normal I can ride it and feels like it wants to come up but then kinda feels like it looses power if that makes sense and i turned the idle up a lil i just cant think of what it could be...

12oclocksumwher 08-02-2012 07:27 PM

it will come up maby a ft but nowhere near the balance point

Suicidl 08-02-2012 07:36 PM

I can do circles on my 636 with stock sprockets. You need to find someone that knows what they are doing before you kill yourself

12oclocksumwher 08-02-2012 07:43 PM

u think its the engine ?

12oclocksumwher 08-02-2012 08:10 PM

Well I just hooked up the spedo and the FI light is on so thats prolly where the problem is im guesing because i agree that with that big of a sprocket I shouldnt have any problem getting it up

12oclocksumwher 08-02-2012 08:26 PM

ok so turns out its the aftermarket exaust throwing the FI light on and was told to buy a servo buddy so it will go off and will have more power .... does anyone kno if u can just cut a wire or do something so i dont have to buy that thing i dont feel like waiting another week for it to be shipped .. thanks for the help

Sfighter900 08-02-2012 08:30 PM

a exhaust? thats weird. doubt a exhaust would do that.

KpeckR6 08-02-2012 08:35 PM

I've never heard of a fi light coming on because of a slip on. Get a power commander and map it. But it also sounds like you need a in lot coach to teach you the basics before you total it and your self. Seriously. I don't want anyone to get hurt getting advice in text on a forum. Need One on one coaching and to see it first hand. If you know your bike well enough to attempt stunting, you would know if it's running unusual.

swampy 08-02-2012 11:12 PM

[quote=kapzanass1;4429452]get it to about 10 miles an hour let loose of the throttle so the bike goes forward and crack that throttle back im sure it will power up specially on a 56 tooth sprocket...[/quote]

:whoopass: never ever suggest doing power wheelies especially to someone thats starting out :nono

[quote=Sfighter900;4429471]a exhaust? thats weird. doubt a exhaust would do that.[/quote]

well yes it can because if memory serves me right that has a cat on it and theres this little flap thats controled by an electronic motor thats suppose open and close not sure by responce of throttle or what...not really sure what the 06 636 has on it nvr looked at one probably could google it but thats what it sounds like from what ive seen in this thread...i know thats what the buell i use to own had on it....so if thats not opening up then its not allowing exhaust to escape and that would bog out the motor...

[quote=KpeckR6;4429472]I've never heard of a fi light coming on because of a slip on. Get a power commander and map it. But it also sounds like you need a in lot coach to teach you the basics before you total it and your self. Seriously. I don't want anyone to get hurt getting advice in text on a forum. Need One on one coaching and to see it first hand. If you know your bike well enough to attempt stunting, you would know if it's running unusual.[/quote]

power comander may help but not really needed...get someone to look at the bike it would be your safest bet

Suicidl 08-02-2012 11:34 PM

Yes the exhaust servo does throw a fi code. My buddies did it and the bike ran like shit.

Sfighter900 08-03-2012 12:19 AM

636 have em? i know my f4i doesnt it.

12oclocksumwher 08-03-2012 06:08 AM

is there any way to bypass it or how did he get it to go off without buying that servobuddy

Sinfix 08-03-2012 09:42 AM

[QUOTE=swampy;4429489]:whoopass: never ever suggest doing power wheelies especially to someone thats starting out :nono

[/QUOTE]

can i ask why?

I'm just starting out and i feel a lot more comfortable with power wheelies vs clutch wheelies. Popping the clutch makes me nervous, power wheelie feels more natural. So far, i havnt done the first clutch wheelie but can do power wheelies at will.

any reason this is bad?

a913life 08-03-2012 01:08 PM

had this problem recently on my r6.... inspect clutch disks and components