Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   Quite angry with an unexplainable problem. (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/292404-quite-angry-unexplainable-problem.html)

LMahone 05-31-2012 06:09 PM

Quite angry with an unexplainable problem.

I have tried everyday for a couple weeks to do wheelies. And nomatter what the front tire with either come 6 inches off the ground or the back will completely burn out and the front wont leave the ground. I am totally frustrated with that and now the f**ked up registration on this website and all i need is an explanation.

Beeranden 05-31-2012 06:14 PM

Re: Quite angry with an unexplainable problem.

it can be a bad clutch... or simply ur not doing it right.... the worst thing is that ur getting mad over it... calm down and keep practicing before u hurt urself....

just pop the clutch and gas it

ali356 05-31-2012 06:17 PM

i had a similar problem, with a 50t sprocket, turned out i got fustratedd too so i ordered a 60t and it all came so easyyy.....reason being my area was alot dustyy and the wheel kept spinning out

my750 05-31-2012 11:08 PM

cold wheels or small sprockets could be. get yourself a bigger sprocket on the back, it will change everything

Beeranden 06-01-2012 11:41 AM

sprocket has nothing to do with it.... yes it makes it easier but you should still be able to wheelie with or without a bigger sprocket..

Nappy 06-01-2012 03:27 PM

Go slow..... Almost stopped is best or stopped for idle tricks( a long ways away)... But you need to slip the clutch. Start slow and pay attention to what you're doing. Then little by little slip it more. And keep your foot over the brake. Feather it as it gets up to balance point. Practice for 3 hours a day, 4-5 times a week for 5+ years and it'll be a walk in the park... :) good luck. Don't let it get ya down. It takes time. ^^^^

Reed 06-01-2012 09:47 PM

[QUOTE=Beeranden;4427104][B]it can be a bad clutch.[/B].. or simply ur not doing it right.... the worst thing is that ur getting mad over it... calm down and keep practicing before u hurt urself....

just pop the clutch and gas it[/QUOTE]

bad, how/in what way?

old man roger 06-02-2012 12:56 AM

Don't blame the bike, in most cases it's the rider.

If you're spinning the tire, try not pulling the clutch all the way to the bar when you clutch it up.

Use 1 or 2 fingers on the clutch and use the other 2 or 3 fingers to hold the bar, pull the clutch in against your remaining fingers just enough to get it to start to release, to the point where you can still feel the clutch starting to engage.

Once you have the clutch just barely engaged give it some gas while releasing the clutch, accelerate through the release.

If you gas it hard enough and have your timing right the bike will wheelie.

Topsecret66 06-02-2012 08:42 AM

I know when I started I just drove the bike to about 7-8k RPM in first. Let off the throttle, leaned back and came back on the throttle. Came up like a motherfucker easy. That was on stock sprockets.

Attainable easier now and just running -1 +2 520.

old man roger 06-02-2012 12:55 PM

[quote=Topsecret66;4427156]I know when I started I just drove the bike to about 7-8k RPM in first. Let off the throttle, leaned back and came back on the throttle. Came up like a motherfucker easy. That was on stock sprockets.

Attainable easier now and just running -1 +2 520.[/quote]Power wheelies arent the best for the bike and they tend to be unpredictable, clutching it up is the proper way to do a wheelie.

Once you have brake control and throttle control then power wheelies are more predictable.

Nappy 06-02-2012 02:23 PM

[QUOTE=old man roger;4427161]Power wheelies arent the best for the bike and they tend to be unpredictable, clutching it up is the proper way to do a wheelie.

Once you have brake control and throttle control then power wheelies are more predictable.[/QUOTE]

Not that it's my business, but I thought you were gone from these parts......

Glad you're still around. You stop makin sunframes though? I won't buy one that's not an OMR. Been rockin stockys on the new 636. But you changed the game for alot of us... So thanks.

old man roger 06-02-2012 06:15 PM

[quote=Nappy;4427162]Not that it's my business, but I thought you were gone from these parts......

Glad you're still around. You stop makin sunframes though? I won't buy one that's not an OMR. Been rockin stockys on the new 636. But you changed the game for alot of us... So thanks.[/quote]Thanks Nappy, yeah I stopped making them.

I don't post as much as I used to but I still log on and check out whats going on.