Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   Pulling to one side on during wheelies (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/281240-pulling-one-side-during.html)

baker p 08-01-2010 07:03 PM

Pulling to one side on during wheelies

Hi guys, joined up a while ago but think this is my first post.
Recenty whist doing stand up wheelies my bike always wants to pull to the left, it never did this before and the only change ive made is the tyres. The back tyre is fooked on the left due to a few track days at one track which is 90% left handers but the center of the tyre seems ok for about 20mm each side of center. I do think its my tyre but is there any other reasons why my bike might behave like this before i go buying a new rear hoop?

I am pulling it up in 3rd and running 30psi in the rear tyre, i dont want to lower it just for stunting as i prefer fast road riding.
Thanks for any help guys.

Dick Loogie Stunts 08-01-2010 07:30 PM

Re: Pulling to one side on during wheelies

even it out with some strait line and circle burnouts....

wrexttboy 08-02-2010 12:20 AM

Yup, thats a wrap.

Topek 08-02-2010 12:28 AM

Just lower the pressure to 25-28 better for wheelies and u can still drag knee

Towlieee 08-02-2010 12:58 AM

fuck low pressure, 32psi+!

StuntFarm 08-02-2010 03:32 AM

I know it sounds lame but double check your adjustments on both sides of the rear wheel and make sure it has not moved at all. Riding it hard at a track day can cause that stuff to move. Other than that it could be the tire is just simply worn as fuck...

sdfkillz 08-02-2010 12:14 PM

itd def the tire. take it off and turn it around. seriously, just dont ride in the rain with it.

KawiJoe10 08-02-2010 05:47 PM

I had that same prob with my race take off tires I would put on. There tricky to get used to. I lowered the air pressure and finally I got use to it.

l Bolo l 08-02-2010 11:29 PM

Your probably not at balance point. When your not all the way at balance point sometimes your bike can pull to one side and you can't correct it especially when your going fast. Get the front up a little higher and you should have more side to side control no matter what your speed is.

Nasty nate! 08-03-2010 12:00 AM

[quote=StuntFarm;4359570]I know it sounds lame but double check your adjustments on both sides of the rear wheel and make sure it has not moved at all. Riding it hard at a track day can cause that stuff to move. Other than that it could be the tire is just simply worn as fuck...[/quote]

thats what happen to me last time i took of my rear to paint it an when i put it on i forgot to check the adjuster in the rear, and i was wheeling to the left like hard... then i realized an it an mesured and it was of... plus it has little lines in the back so u can tell just by eye... take a look at it..:2cents