Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   Can I use skate grip tape or stomp grip on this tank (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/280061-can-i-use-skate.html)

LiquidsilverR1 06-28-2010 03:17 AM

Can I use skate grip tape or stomp grip on this tank

5 Attachment(s)
Can I put like skate grip tape or stomp grip on my tank without having to dent it in..I sit on the tank and try to clutch it up but just slip off...

I have a few pics..The way my tank is it would have to go around the fuel door and behind it..

What do you guys think? I dont want it to look sloppy..Also if it looks like shit I dont want to ruin the paint.

old man roger 06-28-2010 04:23 AM

Re: Can I use skate grip tape or stomp grip on this tank

skate board grip tape will rip your pants and scratch the hell out of your tank cause the sand stuff come off ..

i have seen some rubber coated grip tape that will still rip your pants but probably wont scratch your tank , stomp grip would probably be better if you dont want to dent your tank but to be honest your ass will probably end up denting it just from coming down from a wheelie ..

FresYES fresh 06-28-2010 04:41 AM

save yourself ALOT of money and heartache and keep that thing clean! buy a beater to stunt shiiittt!

Ecuprys636 06-28-2010 11:12 AM

he makes a good point...or just buy a spare tank....i use the skate grip and it works great but like he said it rips ur pants and rips up ur tank.....

Dick Loogie Stunts 06-28-2010 11:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
get a spare tank and dent it and match paint or you can try this stuff its called reese truck step or some shit..its got the best grip and doesnt eat the asses out your pants

LiquidsilverR1 06-28-2010 01:40 PM

Only thing is..If you look at the pic my tank is a 2 piece and the front is a fairing.

smallsgsxr 06-28-2010 01:45 PM

no more high chairs on the r1 please, u gna drop it sometime or another and gonna have a bad day, get u a f4i

swampy 06-28-2010 02:03 PM

all will work, i use grip tape from hardware stores that suppose to be used for steps. which gives a little more grip then skate bord tape, but with a bike like that you should get a beater bike. stunt bikes are fairly cheep, and on top of that like omr said with hc's and spreaders you'll end up messin up the tank. and a tank like that normally has to be fabricated, i havent seen anyone who has dented a tank like that.

LiquidsilverR1 06-28-2010 03:06 PM

I do want a stunt bike but short on cash right now..

Dick Loogie Stunts 06-28-2010 03:08 PM

just sack up and smash your mint tank or send it to me and ill do you a :apimp dent...

WILL215 06-28-2010 04:12 PM

dont stunt it and save your money for a stunt bike...

blee 06-28-2010 04:33 PM

get the truck step shit as mentioned above from auto zone...its only 8 bucks and comes with 2 pieces,enough to do your tank.Me n my crew use it and its great.

TheFBomb13 06-28-2010 04:35 PM

[quote=WILL215;4346351]dont stunt it and save your money for a stunt bike...[/quote]

+1000000 ... you keep stuntin that minty r1 its bound to drop..

LiquidsilverR1 06-28-2010 05:37 PM

Well I dont really stunt it..Just wheelie.

TheFBomb13 06-28-2010 05:52 PM

oh :banghead i thought wheelies and stuntin had something to do with eachother? :LOL

beardo 06-28-2010 06:04 PM

[quote=Dick Loogie Stunts;4346230]get a spare tank and dent it and match paint or you can try this stuff its called reese truck step or some shit..its got the best grip and doesnt eat the asses out your pants[/quote]

[quote=blee;4346358]get the truck step shit as mentioned above from auto zone...its only 8 bucks and comes with 2 pieces,enough to do your tank.Me n my crew use it and its great.[/quote]
+1 stuff works great!!
idk why you want to be on that tank if you dont stunt, or have a hand brake on there....that my friend is asking for trouble:2cents unless you plan on that bike being your stunt piece anyways.......if so, carry on then!!!hahah

LiquidsilverR1 06-28-2010 06:07 PM

[quote=TheFBomb13;4346391]oh :banghead i thought wheelies and stuntin had something to do with eachother? :LOL[/quote]
Im my eyes 45 mph wheelies isnt anything..You guys with you circle wheelies stoppies and all that-thats true stunting imo.

Ill take your guys advice and get a stunter..Probably wont be till next season though.

P L P 06-28-2010 06:38 PM

[quote=Dick Loogie Stunts;4346337]just sack up and smash your mint tank or send it to me and ill do you a :apimp dent...[/quote]
:yeah:yeah:yeah

P L P 06-28-2010 06:42 PM

[quote=TheFBomb13;4346391]oh :banghead i thought wheelies and stuntin had something to do with eachother? :LOL[/quote]
squids with chrome ALL OVER THIER bike and led's doin 2nd gear powerwheelies on the highway is not stuntin to me. imo:LOL

LiquidsilverR1 06-28-2010 10:39 PM

[quote=P L P;4346407]squids with chrome ALL OVER THIER bike and led's doin 2nd gear powerwheelies on the highway is not stuntin to me. imo:LOL[/quote]

The chrome was not choice I bought it that way..And who are you to think you know how I wheelie? You don't know shit about me.