Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   Tice Buell Stunt Rider!!!!! (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/264894-tice-buell-stunt-rider.html)

frayz 09-24-2009 12:03 PM

Re: Tice Buell Stunt Rider!!!!!

[QUOTE=T-Ice;4137789]oohh Ryan you are such a retard........

I will leave the Buell riding to Bubba Blackwell[/quote]

Ziiinnnggg
[quote=t-ice]
And the only reason this thread is around is because Ryan is trying to tell me he is better on a Buell than a Jap bike. He claims he is going to take over the stunt scene on a Buell.
[/QUOTE]

I've actually heard a couple keep say this..but don't see anything happening yet

bikestyles-chub 09-24-2009 12:06 PM

[QUOTE=T-Ice;4137789]oohh Ryan you are such a retard........

I will leave the Buell riding to Bubba Blackwell, your father and the rest of his famous Team Extreme...

And the only reason this thread is around is because Ryan is trying to tell me he is better on a Buell than a Jap bike. He claims he is going to take over the stunt scene on a Buell.

Flame Away[/QUOTE]

hahahahahahhahaaha

Ryan Colbert 09-24-2009 12:44 PM

[quote=T-ice;4137789]oohh Ryan you are such a retard........

I will leave the Buell riding to Bubba Blackwell, your father and the rest of his famous Team Extreme...

Flame Away[/quote]

lol I am going to try buddy. I've been wanting one for a while so I am just going to do my best and hopefully it works out.:cheers

[quote=Talen;4137789]Ryan make up your fuckin mind, f4i, 636, f4i, 636, buell, jesus people kill it on whatever they have, get a bike and have fun.[/quote]

Talen. You know the situation. and its f4i, 636, 636, f4i get it right lol

but I loved my 03' and i only got the 06' because i honestly didnt think the feel would be that much diff and i like the look a lot better. But I was pondering about getting a buell back when I still had my 03', and I ripped on that thing.:hello

atl freestyle 09-24-2009 01:06 PM

Poop!

excessa 09-24-2009 02:38 PM

[QUOTE=never 2 old;4137809]I used to work at the last harley dealer that also sold yamaha's and honda's, its just honda and yamaha now because harley made him seperate or sell and he chose to sell....well was forced to sell but anyhow the buells are torquie and have a very flat powerband kinda like a rc51 or sv650 a little weesy but they have been doing pretty good in roadracing lately and the power would seem to be good for chuggen along doing slow stuf.
I sure Erik will be happy to see more of them being used as stuntbikes, he's a hecka cool guy.[/QUOTE]

He's really into progressive engineering, and I have a lot of respect for his ideas, and the ability to implement them using the resources available.

I've heard it's better for stunting if you switch to a chain drive, and I have wondered how the frame being the gas tank would affect wheelies, since it's only lower central mass when both tires are down, bring one up, and your center of gravity might change a bit.

I also wondered how the tube frame modesl would hold up against one of you guys beating on it.

I have a lot of questions... :laughing

N2O 09-24-2009 03:03 PM

[quote=excessa;4137967]He's really into progressive engineering, and I have a lot of respect for his ideas, and the ability to implement them using [COLOR=red]the resources available.[/COLOR]

I've heard it's better for stunting if you switch to a chain drive, and I have wondered how the frame being the gas tank would affect wheelies, since it's only lower central mass when both tires are down, bring one up, and your center of gravity might change a bit.

I also wondered how the tube frame modesl would hold up against one of you guys beating on it.

I have a lot of questions... :laughing[/quote]

LoL.."the resources available" exactly...like the harley engine!

-SKETCHY- 09-24-2009 04:05 PM

[QUOTE=atl freestyle;4137885]Poop![/QUOTE]

amen brotha! :LOL

Ryan Colbert 09-24-2009 06:51 PM

buell=good

ROCKS 09-24-2009 09:29 PM

[quote=frayz;4137627]Looks like tons of people swappin to buell this year/next.

I guess its a new trend to ride ugly bikes? :LOL[/quote]
free would be good enough for me lol:LOL

BoDuke01 09-25-2009 02:49 AM

If its free Ill ride it. The 1200 buells race in the 600 class b/c of the power to weight ratio. They have been doing well but its creating alot of controversy as the rules are catering to the buells right now. Personally I think its cool that more people are giving them a shot and I like em, but they do have alot of short comings. Good low end torque and smooth power, and tight chassis is a plus I donno if the perimeter brake is a plus or not, but the chassis r not sturdy at all. Its gunna take some serious reinforcement and crazy cage work to keep these things together. I think a buell would b alot of fun at first but maintence and the amount of work thats going to have to go into getting one really stunt worthy is gunna b insane. There really wont b much buell left after that. Sub frame alone will b a challenge. Thats just my opinion but Iv thought alot about it for years. Anyway good luck in ur noble venture into the uncharted wilderness that is american made stunt bikes. If it works out and does gain some popularity the aftermarket will follow. Id jump on board too, but Im thinkin more along the lines of 99 XB12 or M2. Less of the pit falls

l Bolo l 09-25-2009 02:52 AM

buells are garbage and the only reason theyre doing good in roadracing is because they are using the 1200cc model in the 600cc class. weeaaakkkk!

HighStyles 09-25-2009 07:39 AM

i've ridden a few, and having to change it to a chain instead of a belt because of gearing sucks.. they have crazy torque out of the box so figure when you gear it it will be stupid.. but unless you gear it you can't get a smooth idle, you can feel every revolution on the crank lol chugga chugga chugga, i had one, don't waste your money, we've ridden with the buell stunt team, and they didn't even have great things to say about them.

Ryan Colbert 09-25-2009 11:57 AM

idk still thinking about trying it. I rode one for about a week straight are really liked it.

stuntsteel 09-25-2009 12:19 PM

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyqMqiNfmLQ[/url]

heres some old footage from psycho buells...

i have heard too, that a lot of people are switching to them...

4 ALL CYCLE PERFORMANCE "Be a Star"
P- (484) 494-3136

IMR-Merlin 09-25-2009 12:49 PM

Post up some feedback on how they ride. I have a local dealer that wants me to ride one next year. I know that there are a few companies that make the chain conversion for them, but I don't know of any cage companies.

99CBRXX 09-25-2009 02:59 PM

I'm all for stuntin on the buells. Beat the hell out of the American shit and leave the real Japanese motorcycles in one piece for the racers who need a motor with some sort of balls.

Ryan Colbert 09-25-2009 03:21 PM

[quote=IMR-Merlin;4139063]Post up some feedback on how they ride. I have a local dealer that wants me to ride one next year. I know that there are a few companies that make the chain conversion for them, but I don't know of any cage companies.[/quote]

powers makes a cage

IMR-Merlin 09-25-2009 03:33 PM

[QUOTE=Ryan Colbert;4139281]powers makes a cage[/QUOTE]

Thanks.:yeah

Lit 09-26-2009 11:42 AM

I rode a fully set up buell a little while back and i had a blast on it.. honestly i was laughing the whole time i was on it just because it was so easy to ride. If someone could figure out how to put a better front end on them it would be a monster

Ryan Colbert 09-26-2009 05:58 PM

[quote=Lit;4139997]I rode a fully set up buell a little while back and i had a blast on it.. honestly i was laughing the whole time i was on it just because it was so easy to ride. If someone could figure out how to put a better front end on them it would be a monster[/quote]

I have a project i am going to work on about that front end.