Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   Walk to fight Diabetes (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/261969-walk-fight-diabetes.html)

VWrome 08-15-2009 01:00 AM

Walk to fight Diabetes

Hello all,
I am a 31 year old stunter recentley diagnosed 3 months ago with TYPE 1 Diabetes. My wife help us set up a awareness/donation walk in October to help with research. I know that in a time when every penny counts it’s hard to consider making donations of any kind. I am asking however that you consider the possibility of donating on mybehalf and our team to help fight diabetes, find a cure and educate families in our communities. Please check out the link below I appreciate it.

[url]http://main.diabetes.org/goto/Jerome.Heissenbuttel[/url]

On a brighter note, I also am working on getting two circles around.

Big R 508 08-15-2009 01:06 AM

Re: Walk to fight Diabetes

That sucks however Im glad that your strong enough to do this and all also my dad has Diabetes right now and I'm not sure what kind it is , all I know he has to take needle test on his finger. Sooo I guess there might be a chance for me to get diabetes in the future.

$$$$DINO$$$$ 08-15-2009 01:07 AM

[quote=Big R 508;4084532]That sucks however Im glad that your strong enough to do this and all also my dad has Diabetes right now and I'm not sure what kind it is , all I know he has to take needle test on his finger. Sooo I guess there might be a chance for me to get diabetes in the future.[/quote]
thats good..:LOL

Big R 508 08-15-2009 01:11 AM

Ya think it's funny okay as long karma is in works to get back at ya.

VWrome 08-15-2009 01:13 AM

Yeah it sucks but whatever. I have to take about 4 shots of insulin a day now forever. I am just glad that if I stay on top of it I should live a long happy life. I need to be here for my wife and two lil stunters Dylan(4) and Owen(2).

$$$$DINO$$$$ 08-15-2009 01:14 AM

[quote=Big R 508;4084537]Ya think it's funny okay as long karma is in works to get back at ya.[/quote]
you gonna talk to me about karma? i dont think its funny...i think its funny that u might get it..

VWrome 08-15-2009 06:35 AM

keep it positive guys. Damn

RROCCO 08-15-2009 08:00 AM

my good friend Matty died from it. stay healthy and eat right.

RIP DJ Eclectic:djvinay

VWrome 08-16-2009 07:45 PM

Thanks for the support everybody.

JesseJacobs 08-16-2009 08:38 PM

Sorry to hear that man... I am actually going to get tested soon.. It runs in my family sooo... I don't know the exact symptoms, but I get really hungry fast and if I don't eat right away, I get light headed and shaky.... If I drink orange juice or something I feel better, but Im sure its not normal.... Anyways, keep your head up bro!!

VWrome 08-17-2009 08:39 PM

Watch your weight. If you start shedding pounds and your drinking mad water, get tested or you could really f*ck up yourself. I lost like 30 lbs in 6 months. Do not wait if you suspect it. Let me know if you need any info.

JesseJacobs 08-18-2009 03:07 PM

Im actually gaining weight right now... I drink HELLA gatorade and water at work cause Im outside all day... My friend is Type 1 and he said it sounds like I just have low blood sugar sometimes cause I don't have alot of the symptoms of a diabetic... Im not thirsty all the time, I don't piss 1000 times a day, etc..

Plus I have really bad anxiety and I've heard that can cause hypoglycemic type symptoms... I don't know.. I should just go get checked out I guess.. I just hate doctors. LoL

VWrome 08-18-2009 05:05 PM

Good Luck

VWrome 08-20-2009 05:30 PM

Already raised $685. Thank you all for the help. Only $315. needed towards our goal every little bit counts.

VWrome 08-29-2009 10:00 AM

Thanks Again