Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   cali - riding with no helmet (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/246903-cali-riding-no-helmet.html)

DirtyToes 03-02-2009 07:46 PM

cali - riding with no helmet

whats the fine?

PLAYA-P 03-02-2009 07:53 PM

Re: cali - riding with no helmet

google says :hello

So, the fine for violation of California's helmet law can be anything from $10 and "proof of correction" up to $250.00 and one year's probation. ...

Unknown_Tom 03-02-2009 07:54 PM

Why would you even try and get away with that?

*Tanus* 03-02-2009 07:57 PM

you die

SIC J 03-02-2009 08:32 PM

I've gotten one in a parking lot when we were about to do a show. I believe the fine was like $125.

wheelburns 03-02-2009 08:43 PM

why would you risk that . . . . in mass they tow your bike unless u can have someone get u a helmet before the tow truck gets there

infamousf4i 03-02-2009 08:48 PM

[quote=*Tanus*;3816684]you die[/quote]

:lol:lol:lol

Danger_Dave 03-02-2009 11:54 PM

stupid bullshit how people tell you to run your life. yeah its a "no brainer" crash without a helmet and your fucked, but it should be your own damn choice. how come in 1 state you dont have to wear it but another state you do?

Dr_Rip_It 03-03-2009 01:21 AM

[quote=Danger_Dave;3817175]stupid bullshit how people tell you to run your life. yeah its a "no brainer" crash without a helmet and your fucked, but it should be your own damn choice. how come in 1 state you dont have to wear it but another state you do?[/quote]

+1 you dont have to in pa (no law). But you have to put your seat belt on in the car wtf is that. It should be your own choice. But i would put a helmet on just in case same if im with a strange botch..safety first :LOL

Chibo 03-03-2009 01:23 AM

Because when someone taps you at a stop light they are liable for your stupid ass being dead even though if you were smart enough to wear a helmet you'd be fucking fine.

Dr_Rip_It 03-03-2009 01:28 AM

[quote=Chibo;3817354]Because when someone taps you at a stop light they are liable for your stupid ass being dead even though if you were smart enough to wear a helmet you'd be fucking fine.[/quote]

So that means i have to put a helmet on when i walk down the street. I might get run over...then i would be dead or f-ed also..

Sick.Nate 03-03-2009 01:30 AM

"Live free or die" No Helmet law in NH, No seat belt law for 18+ in NH.. "LIVE FREE OR DIE" EAST COAST MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!

Sick.Nate 03-03-2009 01:32 AM

But...At the same time I do live in Mass and Massachusetts has some serious shitty ass fucking garbage laws....

Kevin ETP 03-03-2009 01:41 AM

[QUOTE=Sick.Nate;3817361]But...At the same time I do live in Mass and Massachusetts has some serious shitty ass fucking garbage laws....[/QUOTE]

very true

skillz 03-03-2009 06:21 AM

riding with a quality helmet is way more enjoyable then riding without one

Unknown_Tom 03-03-2009 06:26 AM

[quote=Sick.Nate;3817361]But...At the same time I do live in Mass and Massachusetts has some serious shitty ass fucking garbage laws....[/quote]

[quote=Kevin ETP;3817367]very true[/quote]

That's cause people drive like shit in mass :LOL

DirtyToes 03-03-2009 06:41 AM

well i wrecked yesterday and fucked up my x11....so i was planning on riding without a helmet till i can afford a new one.

jk
:LOL

but really, if i didn't have a helmet for alot of my wrecks, i would probably be missing half my skull and brains right now. so i wear always wear that shit when i'm "riding"...but if i'm

1. going to a homies pad down the street
2. going to 7-11 for a slushy
3. trying to roll-in looking hip to my ladies in the strip club

i'd like to be able to ride without a helmet.

[quote=PLAYA-P;3816676]google says :hello

So, the fine for violation of California's helmet law can be anything from $10 and "proof of correction" up to $250.00 and one year's probation. ...[/quote]

probation?! WTF?!!!! :banghead

i googled it but couldn't find any articles that had dollar amounts in it.

i'd understand if it was $200.00 fine...but no way in fucking hell i'd risk getting probation.

wannastunt21 03-03-2009 09:11 AM

no helmet law here mother fckers... but we just got some new bull shit laws that hit you way worse... i wear a helmet anyways dont want this mug gettin worse than it already is...

freestylexxx02 03-03-2009 09:16 AM

anyone over 18 in kansas can choose to wear a helmet if they like... just have to have something protecting your eyes :humper

SIC J 03-03-2009 12:46 PM

[QUOTE=DirtyToes;3817548]well i wrecked yesterday and fucked up my x11....so i was planning on riding without a helmet till i can afford a new one.

jk
:LOL

but really, if i didn't have a helmet for alot of my wrecks, i would probably be missing half my skull and brains right now. so i wear always wear that shit when i'm "riding"...but if i'm

1. going to a homies pad down the street
2. going to 7-11 for a slushy
3. trying to roll-in looking hip to my ladies in the strip club

i'd like to be able to ride without a helmet.

probation?! WTF?!!!! :banghead

i googled it but couldn't find any articles that had dollar amounts in it.

i'd understand if it was $200.00 fine...but no way in fucking hell i'd risk getting probation.[/QUOTE]

Like i said, i've gotten one and its just a fine.