Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   can you use a cali-model ecm with a non-cali motor? (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/221835-can-you-use-cali.html)

kylenv 05-24-2008 05:36 AM

can you use a cali-model ecm with a non-cali motor?

just installed a new motor. my bike is a california model....so it had all the evap..and o2 sensor..the new motor has none of this...so it know has a couple extra wires with no place to plug in and of course no o2 at all..just fired it up and it just doesn't seem right. only had a little time so have not yet ridden the bike, but im wondering do i need a new ecm. they have 2 models one for cali. and a 49 state on???? anybody>? its a cbr 954

stock05 05-24-2008 05:55 AM

Re: can you use a cali-model ecm with a non-cali motor?

[quote=kylenv;3308505]just installed a new motor. my bike is a california model....so it had all the evap..and o2 sensor..the new motor has none of this...so it know has a couple extra wires with no place to plug in and of course no o2 at all..just fired it up and it just doesn't seem right. only had a little time so have not yet ridden the bike, but im wondering do i need a new ecm. they have 2 models one for cali. and a 49 state on???? anybody>? its a cbr 954[/quote]

youre just being a vagina, its fine.

crashtest 750 05-24-2008 08:08 AM

yes you ned the ecu from the new engine if not the bike will go into safty mode and retard the timing and run like crap.

kylenv 05-24-2008 02:09 PM

thats what i was thinking it seems like its running crazy..i mean its idling and reving up but seems very??? like something is holding it back. Im gonna check the plugs and get it all finished and ride it and see what happens! Hope im just being a Vagina! hahaaa!

50Outlaw 05-24-2008 02:14 PM

[QUOTE=stock05;3308514]youre just being a vagina, its fine.[/QUOTE]

stock i love the new avatar :YEAH

stock05 05-24-2008 07:13 PM

[quote=50Outlaw;3308814]stock i love the new avatar :YEAH[/quote]
yeah, its pretty awesome like that :cheers

f4izzy 02-24-2009 11:06 PM

so that would be the same for the f4i right??? i got a cali model f4i an pulled out all the evap canister an plugged the hose an jus snipped the o2 exhaust wires.... i ran it dis past sunday, an with the idle up to 3500 an jus rolling, it couldn't even pull itself to 3500 rpm. idle wheelies were crap an was the slowest i ever went off idle.... i'll try the ecu change... lucky i have a normal f4i...

kylenv 02-24-2009 11:19 PM

ask stock05 remember him saying his f4i was fine or sum suck thing, mine just didnt run right untill my o2 was plugged in

f4izzy 02-25-2009 12:48 AM

yea i jus swopped out the ecu's an no change... its probebly a maintenence thing...