Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   6 holes&tiewraps JOhnnyP stay (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/213944-6-holes-tiewraps-johnnyp.html)

da Liks 02-16-2008 04:10 PM

6 holes&tiewraps JOhnnyP stay

what are they for? thanks!

i tried stuffing all the electrics inside the big "hole" in the stay, seems to have caused a breach in 1 of the cables cuz the headlights stopped working:shruggs

kj 02-16-2008 06:53 PM

Re: 6 holes&tiewraps JOhnnyP stay

[QUOTE=da Liks;3163917]what are they for? thanks!

i tried stuffing all the electrics inside the big "hole" in the stay, seems to have caused a breach in 1 of the cables cuz the headlights stopped working:shruggs[/QUOTE]

Did ya get my PM?

Hope it cleared things up. :cheers

Take care- kj

da Liks 02-17-2008 04:20 AM

yup helped a lot, you were really fast haha! now where does everybody leave their electrics? tiewrap m under the stay?

Suicidl 02-17-2008 04:51 AM

[QUOTE=da Liks;3163917]what are they for? thanks!

i tried stuffing all the electrics inside the big "hole" in the stay, seems to have caused a breach in 1 of the cables cuz the headlights stopped working:shruggs[/QUOTE]

:lol oh shit not a breach

just zip tie them up :cheers

bruno_z 02-17-2008 09:06 AM

does it buckle? lol

nags 02-17-2008 10:35 AM

Where the hell did you get a jp stay?

da Liks 02-17-2008 04:55 PM

just asked jp i guess! the thing is real solid, only thing left to do is drill some holes in it and tap some thread, so i can attach the upper/mirror blockoffs properly

DSC 02-17-2008 06:23 PM

i asked jp too said he would make me one in jan haven't heard from him since

nags 02-17-2008 07:46 PM

Yea.. I've been on him for like a year for one.. :shruggs

kj 02-17-2008 10:29 PM

[QUOTE=nags;3165349]Yea.. I've been on him for like a year for one.. :shruggs[/QUOTE]

It's definetly worth the wait...

I picked up 2 about a year ago for each bike and wouldn't part w/ them.... they'll be on the bikes till they're sold or I'm dead... which ever comes first.

Compton82 02-17-2008 10:33 PM

I have a brand new and never mounted one for an 03/04 636 that I would sell for the right price

havok 02-20-2008 12:14 PM

hey KJ.....i just got my jp stay and im having some probs with it,,due to the 1000rr front end fi clipons ,with the hohey top...

are r did you have any probs..???

cause my gauges seem like its closer now then with the stock so my clutch cable and other shit hit it...??? snd make it the clutch line all crazy....what did you do???

kj 02-20-2008 12:25 PM

[QUOTE=havok;3169673]hey KJ.....i just got my jp stay and im having some probs with it,,due to the 1000rr front end fi clipons ,with the hohey top...

are r did you have any probs..???

cause my gauges seem like its closer now then with the stock so my clutch cable and other shit hit it...??? snd make it the clutch line all crazy....what did you do???[/QUOTE]

Nope... no problems at all... my stock clutch cable was always way too long and in the way. :shruggs

Gauges are in the exact same spot as stockers... JP measured that shit out perfect.

JohnnyP 02-20-2008 12:52 PM

The 6 holes and zip ties are to secure the headlight to the bottom plate. The bottom plate supports the headlight from downward forces and it fits the shape of the headlight at the bottom so it also supports it from side to side movement...The zip ties if you take the time to use them just help hold it all in place better, you dont have to but I reccomend it. I used to give 6bolts with 6 well-nuts but I ran out and cannot find any wellnut suppliers that can beat $2.50 each well nut....So either I have to change from wellnuts to something else or raise the price like $10 to cover the cost of those stupid wellnuts... I stripped well-nuts off every spare anything I have that had them...lol

Now about fitment and handle bars, the F4i is very restrictive in how much you can do with your bars...Its tight up front and theres nothing I could really do about that unless you dont want a guage or want to cut your upper really short.... The bike I built the original one off of had a 929 front end with FI 0 degree clipons, and we couldnt turn out the bars too much...The levers start hitting the upper before anything on that setup...The biggest problem I see is people using aftermarket clipons that move the handle bar infront of the forks, you really loose alot of clearance when you do that....

I made it how my buddy wanted it in the begininning and never changed it, he worked around the limmits and found a setup that works for him...Your not going to get straight bars thats for sure, but more then just my stay will get in your way. Things start hitting the upper, guage, headlight.......Its just the way the F4i is, 636's you can go almost compeltly staraight...:2cents

JohnnyP 02-20-2008 12:56 PM

PS I reccomend trying to use a OEM handle bar that doesnt put the bars infront of the fork tubes...That makes a big difference, and i saw someone running 636 turned and flipped on an F4i with an inverted front end and those looked MONEY...:2cents

kj 02-20-2008 01:01 PM

On a side note as well....

What I did to help w/ the clearance issues:

I took a big pry bar and put it between the gauge mount and the windscreen crossbar... then bent it up an inch or 2 to get a bit more space in there. :shruggs

Ghetto I know... but it worked.

ON MY OTHER ONE: I just took a grinder to the windscreen part and cut it almost completely flush w/ the gauge mount... and run the gauges down on the left side frame... the gauges get in the way the most.

<<You can see in my avatar how cut down it is.

havok 02-20-2008 01:22 PM

balls........................:banghead

cool_jocke 02-20-2008 02:27 PM

got my 2 today and im tellin ya they are totally sick , heard they where good but i newer thought they where that solid, no product can measure with Jonny P stays....

im impressed and lucky to have one...

:2cents //jocke

havok 02-20-2008 02:34 PM

kj you still have that down shot of yer setup with the stay...i cant find it

kj 02-20-2008 02:45 PM

[QUOTE=cool_jocke;3169877], no product can measure with Jonny P stays....

im impressed and lucky to have one...[/QUOTE]

+1

I feel the exact same way.

[QUOTE=havok;3169890]kj you still have that down shot of yer setup with the stay...i cant find it[/QUOTE]

This one?
[IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i266/kj3475/Catpics025.jpg[/IMG]

And this is how I cut my upper for the one that I took the screen support off of....
[IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i266/kj3475/Catpics041.jpg[/IMG]