Stunt Bike Forum

Stunt Bike Forum (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/)
-   Stunt Discussion (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion)
-   -   $60 Brembos or should i say frembo's (china knock off) (https://www.stuntlife.com/forums/2-stunt-discussion/213280-60-brembos-should-i.html)

Re-Micks 02-07-2008 10:18 PM

$60 Brembos or should i say frembo's (china knock off)

was just doing a search on ebay for 16x18 and this dude out in thailand is selling knock off brembos.. sent him a message and said, "why so cheap? there fake/knock off aren't they? he replied with "yes, made in china"

check em out i figured you all would get a kick out of it

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320215023543&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123[/url]

happy bidding, :LOL

apfire26 02-07-2008 10:23 PM

Re: $60 Brembos or should i say frembo's (china knock off)

Thats good, lol. At least he was honest when you asked him about it.

gixxerbob 02-07-2008 10:25 PM

it is 110$ after shipping. they are probably the same except for the internals, but if you buy a rebuild kit and it fit it would probably make it just as good as a real one..machined aluminum is machined aluminum. what could really be so different besides the internals?

Re-Micks 02-07-2008 10:35 PM

[QUOTE=gixxerbob;3150951]it is 110$ after shipping. they are probably the same except for the internals, but if you buy a rebuild kit and it fit it would probably make it just as good as a real one..machined aluminum is machined aluminum. what could really be so different besides the internals?[/QUOTE]

buy it and let me know when your hand brake goes out... and the internals are probly shit...

ps rebuild kit wont make it a real brembo

Re-Micks 02-07-2008 10:38 PM

[QUOTE=apfire26;3150948]Thats good, lol. At least he was honest when you asked him about it.[/QUOTE]

yea i was surprised too

apfire26 02-07-2008 10:41 PM

Someone buy it and tell us how it is. I don't got the balls or the cash to waste, but I'm sure someone on here does. haha

Re-Micks 02-07-2008 10:56 PM

yea its one thing to buy a fake product.... and its another thing crashing b/c it blows out

stock05 02-07-2008 11:04 PM

the shipping is almost as much as the master itself.

gixxerbob 02-07-2008 11:06 PM

[quote= and the internals are probly shit...

ps rebuild kit wont make it a real brembo[/quote]

what im saying is it is highly unlikely that the lever or bar mount will break (it dosent on other levers that are made in asian factorys) and the antual radial part is machined aluminum, i think if the shit internals are swapped with genuine brembo parts it would be equivalent.....just a thought.....i am going to look up this persons feedback, find someone who bought one and ask them if it is a p.o.s. the internals are the only part i would be concerned with failing...just a thought

Re-Micks 02-07-2008 11:08 PM

[QUOTE=stock05;3151029]the shipping is almost as much as the master itself.[/QUOTE]

he does OBO...

Re-Micks 02-07-2008 11:12 PM

[QUOTE=gixxerbob;3151031]what im saying is it is highly unlikely that the lever or bar mount will break (it dosent on other levers that are made in asian factorys) and the antual radial part is machined aluminum, i think if the shit internals are swapped with genuine brembo parts it would be equivalent.....just a thought.....i am going to look up this persons feedback, find someone who bought one and ask them if it is a p.o.s. the internals are the only part i would be concerned with failing...just a thought[/QUOTE]

good luck ill stick with the real deal

Jay Carnes 02-08-2008 12:21 AM

$50 shipping. damn!

Re-Micks 02-08-2008 12:29 AM

coming from thailand, high dollar shit :LOL

Tony L 02-08-2008 12:33 AM

not going to lie they work surpassingly well. I used one over in china and it worked just like the real thing couldn't tell a difference. what happens is the factory workers steal prototypes or molds and make them in another factory. then sell them on the chinese black market its pretty sweet! lol

Re-Micks 02-08-2008 12:47 AM

[QUOTE=Tony L;3151181]not going to lie they work surpassingly well. I used one over in china and it worked just like the real thing couldn't tell a difference. what happens is the factory workers steal prototypes or molds and make them in another factory. then sell them on the chinese black market its pretty sweet! lol[/QUOTE]

well there ya go...

Ghini 02-08-2008 08:42 AM

[quote=Tony L;3151181]not going to lie they work surpassingly well. I used one over in china and it worked just like the real thing couldn't tell a difference. what happens is the factory workers steal prototypes or molds and make them in another factory. then sell them on the chinese black market its pretty sweet! lol[/quote]

i can't tell if your serious or if thats E-sarcasm... u cereal?

ABEStunts 02-08-2008 09:06 AM

yeah he's cereal had them on my other 636. getting a 19x18 and a 16x18 for both my bikes? any one want three stock gsxr radial masters with levers uncut and an 05 06 636 front master with black lever? need to sell so i can order theres fembos.:LOL

ahenry 02-08-2008 09:19 AM

I would be willing to bet money that i t would out last a brembo, and just perform better(period)

ABEStunts 02-08-2008 09:23 AM

i had mine on the 636 for almost 8 months and never had a problem. the were 150 shipped when i got them though much cheaper now.

lee majors 02-08-2008 09:23 AM

[quote=gixxerbob;3151031]what im saying is it is highly unlikely that the lever or bar mount will break (it dosent on other levers that are made in asian factorys) and the antual radial part is machined aluminum, i think if the shit internals are swapped with genuine brembo parts it would be equivalent.....just a thought.....i am going to look up this persons feedback, find someone who bought one and ask them if it is a p.o.s. the internals are the only part i would be concerned with failing...just a thought[/quote]

lets say your right. by the time you buy the internals your spendin the same as you would for a genuine brembro. i know "in theory" right? fuck theory.

oh, and this is a repost. sorry re-micks.